Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Running rich at wot after having it tuned

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running rich at wot after having it tuned

Hello, just as the title states I'm running rich at wide open throttle. My af meter reads between 7 and 8 and my injectors are maxing out according to my log in link ecu.

I had just bought the car and brought it to a tuner shop, they ran lots of tests, and tuned it for e85. I was having some issues with what I didn't know at the time where just the limiters, and decided to do a boost leak test. The car would not hold 3 psi even, I had dry rotted silicone couplers, and massive leaks. I replaced all of that, and now it is leak free. I contacted the shop, and they said they did a boost leak test first and it passed just fine, and then they tuned it.

Well now my afr is around 8 at WOT. Could this be from something else? Should I turn the boost up, I'm at stock setting with some crazy built evo 9 turbo? Should I tell my tuner he is a liar about doing a boost leak test? I'm kinda lost, I emailed the shop my log earlier, just hoping for some insight.

I had the shop install link ecu, fic 1100 injectors before the tune. The car has fullblow twin walbro 255hps, and a fuelab fpr.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
sounds like they tuned it with the boost leak, i would stay out of boost and take it to different shop or see if someone on here can do a remote tune for you. stay away from the shop that has worked on the car. they are going to blow your **** up.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by tbaird58
sounds like they tuned it with the boost leak, i would stay out of boost and take it to different shop or see if someone on here can do a remote tune for you. stay away from the shop that has worked on the car. they are going to blow your **** up.
Oh man, I'll start looking for new tuners. They were the only one I knew of that had an all wheel drive dyno.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Maybe the 2nd pump is overkill. Does it have a hobb switch?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer
Maybe the 2nd pump is overkill. Does it have a hobb switch?
Not sure if it has that, I didn't build the car. I'll look into that and get back to you.

I just read some of the description in the original add and it says both pumps on all the time. Here is a link to the original owners mod list.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...lots-more.html