Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

ECU Not Reading

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ECU Not Reading

I recently ran a code reader on my 06 MR to clear some O2 sensor codes. Reader was a Scantool from CanOBD2. There were 4 codes thrown, all for O2. Cleared them and it reported them successfully cleared. Disconnected the reader and went to start the car. Cranked but would not turn over. Turned ignition to the off position, back to accessory. Check engine light does not light up. Disconnected the battery, reconnected, and tried again. Problem persists. No check engine light on accessory, cranks but does not turn over.

Is my ecu somehow cleared? Dead? How the hell is it so easy for me to do that on accident? Your advice is appreciated.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Issue was resolved. Turned out it had nothing to do with the codes I'd cleared. The O2 sensor was making contact with the heat shield on the undercarriage and grounding out, blowing fuse number 8 in the external fuse box, which relates to the ECU and CEL, amongst other things.

Pulled the fuse, put another 20 amp in, blew it as soon as I turned the key. Disconnected the O2 connector, put in a new fuse, and voila, problem solved. Just gonna run a test pipe until I can figure out the fitment issues with my high-flow cat and the sensor, but happy to have the car run and the ECU intact. Hope this can help someone at some point.