Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Wrx Utec!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2004, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrx Utec!

Well alot of my friends have a WRX. Alot are modded to hell. My friend just picked up a UTEC. OMG. Seriously i drove his car without it and i was like man its not as fast as my EVO. I drove it yesterday with the UTEC. HOLY CRAP. Night and Day. I am going to order mine on monday. I was getting rims but F that. LOL. i am going to order a UTEC from any available vendor and a Greddy Type S bov from RRE. My only question is, are there maps already available for my setup or do I have to get it custom tuned?
Old Apr 10, 2004, 10:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It has a very conservative map.. but you will have to get it tuned, maps are starting points on the EVO, too many variables and combinations to get away with a map..

However I created a boost/fuel only map for the time being until I can get it onto the dyno and get the timing and fuel set to something I consider safe. (I'm waiting for the open loop flash for the UTEC to be released since I suspect you'd have to start over with the new settings since they would no longer be relative to the MAF reading)
Old Apr 11, 2004, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

will there be maps that can be downloaded. Like the Xede. I mean i have a turbo back now. But I want a ECU fix then i plan to get injectors and new fuel pump at that point would i have to go to a tuner again to get it tuned right. Kinda strange that the UTEC doesnt have preset maps. For like turbo back exhaust set up etc...
Old Apr 11, 2004, 08:22 PM
EvoM Guru

They will have maps, and over time you'll see a few posted on their site, and probably here too.. but one size doesn't fit all, there's just too many variables.. the good news is if you have a simple combination of mods, like exhaust upgrade, and a basic bolt-ons, there probably will be maps you can use, likely as a starting point, but in the ballpark of what you need.

Oh, and I do know that TXS is building a map library for their own upgrades.. so a staged map would be matched to their upgrade parts such as an exhaust..

And don't forget, you can road tune if your comfortable with doing it yourself and you have a wideband O2 setup (Preferrably the Tuner since it integrates with the UTEC)
Old Apr 12, 2004, 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

In time (I suspect by end of the summer) there will be maps galore for the UTEC to download, try, and make tweaks to as needed.

let us know if you need one - we got em
Old Apr 12, 2004, 06:47 PM
EvoM Guru

you got a point.. there's enough EVO Utec users out there now that you'll start seeing maps for common combinations shortly..