Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Remote tuning

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2019, 08:32 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Remote tuning

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if there is anyone still remote tuning. I have left emails, FB messages and text messages with recommended tuners from this site (Tscomptuner and Boosted Tuning). Didnt know how long I was going to wait before having evo transported somewhere to get tuned.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 06:31 AM

Update

Disregard, received replies zforor remote tuning.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 06:41 PM

So, I am learning remote tuners are not very easy to keep contact with.

Does anyone have any other suggestions then TSComptuned or Boosted Tuning?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
https://www.apexpoweredtuned.com/ this dude tuned me remotely once. Hit him up.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 06:38 AM

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Did you ever get in contact with anyone? You can reach out to Jay(BoostedTuning) via FaceBook.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:55 AM

Sorry for late response. I am going thru a nightmare with this remote tuning. I got in touch with original tuner I reached out to; Setup and paid for tune and appointment; Day of appointment came up, and no response from tuner. After repeated reaching out via telephone, email, messenger, FB, and website, I threatened possible theft of services. Well next day I was contacted; and I guess I am supposed to drop what I am doing after I took the day off work on scheduled day. Well, he provided a base map to use while we "reschedule."

Base tune was wrong, car would not idle, and it was my fault (tune was good and something on my side is wrong). Spent all last week trying to "chase" down possible idle issues. During this time, began learning how to read ECU flash tables, and interpreting Evoscan logs. Lets say my end was good. Now, the light throttle and cruising part of the tune is spot on; I told him this, but said it was still on my end. So, I "tweek" upper right left side of fuel maps, and what do you know my car idles and does not chase idle.

Now, I am able to cruise and idle with/without AC on; and car behaves fine. Let him know, via all forms of communications left, and now waiting for response so we can finally tune for high load and boost.

I will disclose his information soon; I am hoping to complete this tune this week. If not, I will reach out to Jay on FB. I only reached out to him on email/messenger and no response; so went with person I am tuning with now.

Sorry for long post. Mainly me ranting. But since base tune is working, I am looking into tuners in my region. Any suggestions anyone. I am in Houston area.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by roro4g63
Sorry for late response. I am going thru a nightmare with this remote tuning. I got in touch with original tuner I reached out to; Setup and paid for tune and appointment; Day of appointment came up, and no response from tuner. After repeated reaching out via telephone, email, messenger, FB, and website, I threatened possible theft of services. Well next day I was contacted; and I guess I am supposed to drop what I am doing after I took the day off work on scheduled day. Well, he provided a base map to use while we "reschedule."

Base tune was wrong, car would not idle, and it was my fault (tune was good and something on my side is wrong). Spent all last week trying to "chase" down possible idle issues. During this time, began learning how to read ECU flash tables, and interpreting Evoscan logs. Lets say my end was good. Now, the light throttle and cruising part of the tune is spot on; I told him this, but said it was still on my end. So, I "tweek" upper right left side of fuel maps, and what do you know my car idles and does not chase idle.

Now, I am able to cruise and idle with/without AC on; and car behaves fine. Let him know, via all forms of communications left, and now waiting for response so we can finally tune for high load and boost.

I will disclose his information soon; I am hoping to complete this tune this week. If not, I will reach out to Jay on FB. I only reached out to him on email/messenger and no response; so went with person I am tuning with now.

Sorry for long post. Mainly me ranting. But since base tune is working, I am looking into tuners in my region. Any suggestions anyone. I am in Houston area.
Sorry to hear about the issues and run around you have been given, hope it all works out!!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
You could send your car up to EvolutionDynamics in Dallas and they can sort it out and tune it for you. Don't believe that they do remote tuning though. I have a very good friend in San Antonio that has used EvolutionDynamics extensively for years on his 750 WHP IX and he swears by them. Last time he sent up there on a dedicated flatbed, it was around $350.

English Racing also does remote tuning and they are really, really good but they're up in Washington state so if you ever have to send your car to them it will cost you....
Old Oct 21, 2019, 04:46 AM
NP

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EvolutionDynamics is a good shop to get work done and tuned for power (not so much on drivability from my experience).

If your wanting great drivability (smooth idle, no stalling with AC on, etcs) while making good power on a remote tune. Hit up Christian Muna from PDP, His communication is better than most remote tuners I’ve dealt with (TScomp & BoostedTuning to name a few). https://puredriveperformance.com/ or his Facebook page.

English Racing is also great to.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 05:16 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have officially started my Dispute through PayPal. Shocking, I have not received any communication from Tom at TSComTuning.

I have tried and tried to give benefit of the doubt, but tomorrow will be a week since Scheduled and paid appointment and no response. I have responded on his FB page, and through all forms of listed communication.

Now, I have to wait and hope for payment before moving on. Anyone know a better way to expedite refund please let me know.

As for services rendered, there is none. I have all the email and FB messenger correspondence regarding his "base" map. He blames my end it not working. I use general instructions and scaling/latency for injectors found in ECUFlash forum, and get the car started and Idling fine....not my end!
Old Oct 21, 2019, 06:31 PM

UPDATE:

Quick response from him once dispute was posted. Hated going this route, but last chance to make right.

I will let you guys know how it goes. Supposed to finish tune tonight, after I get done with dinner.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 03:58 AM
NP

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
UPDATE:

Quick response from him once dispute was posted. Hated going this route, but last chance to make right.

I will let you guys know how it goes. Supposed to finish tune tonight, after I get done with dinner.
I've known of several people who had very poor communications with TScomp regarding there remote tune. I had similar issues with him and we never finished the tune. Good Luck and post your results .
Old Oct 22, 2019, 07:53 AM

OK. Update. For the record I feel bad about having to take steps I did to get service done.

In opening a dispute, I got a reply almost immediately after I posted the Update post above. Amazing how now I receive a direct contact number to call regarding the posted PayPal dispute. After we both explain our sides of views, I settled to complete transaction after eating dinner with family (call was as dinner was finishing); fearing this tune would never be completed if I did not.

I wish I could say it went quick, as it was pointed out it would take about 4-5 pulls to finish tune. It did take 4-5 tunes, but dead time between me sending logs, getting back new tune, and doing followup pulls took almost 2 hours. Only good side is car was getting plenty of cool down?

The car made some decent numbers on 93oct. I will have to figure out this dyno thing. I don't think the numbers it puts up on evoscan is correct...seemed high.

Final result with a little wiggle room (84%duty cycle, 28psi peak-26 held. to 7968 rpm..numbers from XL file); evoscan plotted 429hp/381tq.

I am more than satified with the results, but not so much with the manner in which it was achieved.

Please do not take this posting/thread as a Rant or Bashing. I posted it as a learning experience for me, and for anyone else who might/or have experienced same issues. The tune and process once underway was as I imagined; the stress in missing appointment time and trying to communicate with business was extremely frustrating.

Again, thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Will consider options again later when I decide to go e85.

Last edited by roro4g63; Oct 22, 2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
OK. Update. For the record I feel bad about having to take steps I did to get service done.

In opening a dispute, I got a reply almost immediately after I posted the Update post above. Amazing how now I receive a direct contact number to call regarding the posted PayPal dispute. After we both explain our sides of views, I settled to complete transaction after eating dinner with family (call was as dinner was finishing); fearing this tune would never be completed if I did not.

I wish I could say it went quick, as it was pointed out it would take about 4-5 pulls to finish tune. It did take 4-5 tunes, but dead time between me sending logs, getting back new tune, and doing followup pulls took almost 2 hours. Only good side is car was getting plenty of cool down?

The car made some decent numbers on 93oct. I will have to figure out this dyno thing. I don't think the numbers it puts up on evoscan is correct...seemed high.

Final result with a little wiggle room (84%duty cycle, 28psi peak-26 held. to 7968 rpm..numbers from XL file); evoscan plotted 429hp/381tq.

I am more than satified with the results, but not so much with the manner in which it was achieved.

Please do not take this posting/thread as a Rant or Bashing. I posted it as a learning experience for me, and for anyone else who might/or have experienced same issues. The tune and process once underway was as I imagined; the stress in missing appointment time and trying to communicate with business was extremely frustrating.

Again, thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Will consider options again later when I decide to go e85.
I would find a dyno within a few hours driving distance and go that route cause you will have a appointment and will be done rather quickly. The only other advise I would have is make sure you have fresh gapped plugs and no boost leaks. Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Remote tuning