Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

installing my custom turbo & have some Q's

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any updates to this?
Old May 29, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

iight good, save it for me plz, ill send u the money through paypal for it on this upcoming friday, send me a pm w/ ur paypal info and stuff. to the second part of ur reply: i know i need/should have a wideband o2 sensor, but i wont need one for now, cause i'll only be running 4-6 psi to start. i have the cheapo autometer air/fuel gauge now just to make sure im not going dead lean or rich. also got the egt gauge so i know kinda my afr and my temps. MY brother has a shop w/ everything needed to tune my car and once i get the bigger injectors and e-manage(hopefully in july), im just gonna have him tune it for me, and then i can push 8-10 psi. thanks for letting me know about zeitronix, incase i decide to get one, r they the ones that make that p-300 mlx, i think thats what my bro has.

any updates: not really, im just trying to save up and source out parts i got left to buy. i would have everything bought already but i went and got a killer deal on a body-kit i just couldnt pass up . i promise though, when installing i'll take tons of pics to help answer some commonly asked questions and let u guys know everything every step of the way. once its all put together, and running for a day or 2, i'll take some video of it at 6 psi, i'll race a '00 civic si w/ I/E, and stage 1 clutch. he'll probably still beat me now, but not by the end of the summer

i dont know, im still shooting for the end of june for the install, almost definatly will be done right be4 the 4th of july, cause my dad will be in canada, and he has no idea i got a turbo, he wont be to shocked though, i hope , although he likes cars and customizing and i mentioned getting a turbo for this but he said just save up and buy a real car like a chevelle(his favorite), i said cause i want to drive it not
u. he'll prolly be more like this: , and then after a ride in it, he'll be like this: so check back for major updates on june 27th - july 5th.

im in a dilema here though, i will have 400 to spend on the 3rd, 100 is going to WBMALoz, so i have 300 left, i can either buy a used greddy catback or the rest of the turbo crap, what u think i should do.

Originally Posted by WBMALoz
Yup,

Its the 2nd Gen eclipse one. I only opened the plastic to read the instructions. I had considered saving it and adding an adjustable FPR to even out the flat spots in acceleration, but I prefer to see it put to better use. I've been helping my friend with his turbo dodges for years now, and have a wealth of knowledge on turbos. You might want to think about a wideband 02 and air/fuel gauge for your setup. Zeitronix makes a great inexpensive setup with data logging for road tuning. You don't want to dare go lean!
Old May 29, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

just continue buying the rest of the tubo crap. List what you have so far for the turbo.
Old May 29, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

its all listed in the first thread, just look at that if u dont feel like scrolling through everything, im updating that thread everytime i get something new.
Old May 29, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

DOnt buy garbage.... stay focused and get turbo stuff.

(not calling the catback garbage, just saying, you can boost first then add fancy exhaust later.)
Old May 29, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

haha, lol, thanks, i dont know what i'd do w/out u, im gonna go cry in a corner now cause i am ashamed i almost did such a dumb thing. on a side note, i got megadeath's fmu for real cheap cause i got the whole turbo off him so if i were u i'd start a thread and sell it or ebay it, lol, looks like u were right lancer/miragers are cheap and poor, lol, got any other parts i need before buying them on friday?

also by the end of this week i'll have the rest of the stuff ordered, bov and pump from dsmtrader for 60, and the fan and stuff from RRM. Lovin rrm, i aint even buyin their kit and their peicing stuff out to help me out. THANKS RRM
Old Jun 5, 2005, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

small update:
the install will definatly be happening the end of the month, my dad is definatly going on vacation, so i can do it without the supervisor w/ a beer in hand, lol.

i have all the parts in hand or in the mail now.

also, a buddy john slycotta(owner of my bros shop), he has a 92 talon tsi that runs high 9's, is gonna hook me up with a BRAND new greddy emanage for 180 bux, i'll be buying that next week.

Last edited by maxum17ft; Jun 23, 2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^ Dude, could you get me one of those emanges? Thats the best deal on one I've ever seen.

I love this thread too. Makes me want to do the same thing and piece together my own turbo kit. However, I'm still stuck in the classic debate: Supercharger vs. Turbocharger. Definately keep us updated with install and post 100s of pics

Offtopic: Any word on the body kit?
Old Jun 5, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

i'll ask him about getting more of them e-manages for that price, i work w/ him again on next sunday, i'll be sure to find out, he knows everyone at dreamworks auto .

100's of pix, lol, i will prolly post a link to atleast 50 pix though, and i gotta find somewhere to host vids .

no word, im supposed to be getting it tomorrow so i guess time will tell , i'll let u know if i get it and wednesday i'll post pix once its on, as long as it shows up, good luck getting ur guages too.

woohoo, only 23 more days til i start my project.

ahh, the classic super vs. turbo, do turbo, its more easily upgradable and more fun imho, lol, wait i cant tell ya what to do, so its up to u really.

Last edited by maxum17ft; Jun 5, 2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

well, bad news. my dad has found out about the turbo kit. he wants me to just leave the car alone and not mess with the motor cause the valves are already bad. he offered to pay for half of a brand new v6 260hp 2006 eclipse at the end of the summer, so i decided to just sell everything and put it toward a downpayment on a new car.

so, i have a for sale thread up now with all the parts i have for the turbo.

sorry, i was really lookin forward to assembling this in 2 weeks and getting to drive it, but i guess i still live under his roof and half to/want to listen to what he says every now and then. plus if i put this on, then i dont get 10 grand from him toward a new car, so i kinda want to sell it now.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

do you pay your car payments and insurance? if so, then just do it, if not, i guess your dad has the right to tell you. But like what you said, your dad will be paying half of the 06 eclipse gt payments is pretty nice deal, but remember, he will be telling you what to do on the car (I assumed).
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Crap man, after all that mess with the kit, now you have to sell it. I was excited to see this come together. Well, I'll keep an eye for your For Sale thread cuz there's some stuff I want
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

^ why dont just buy the whole thing, that way, you can continue for him.....hehe
Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Well if someone would buy my OZ seats.......
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznFlip
do you pay your car payments and insurance? if so, then just do it, if not, i guess your dad has the right to tell you. But like what you said, your dad will be paying half of the 06 eclipse gt payments is pretty nice deal, but remember, he will be telling you what to do on the car (I assumed).
lol, i pay everything, cash for the car itself, insurance, upkeep, and aftermarket parts. but i guess i still live under his roof, lol. he is just giving me 10 grand towards it, and he said he swears i can do whatever i want with it, he said it will be a gift for graduation and for entering college. idk, i guess its cool, eclipse will be faster and more reliable anyways, yay!! but i will miss driving my lancer, im still keepin it though, it is my first car, i aint lettin it go. my job can support both hopefully.

yea, this stinks, but oh well. i like them eclipse's more anyways (i think)

here's my for sale thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=144193

btw: my real reason for selling is i am being sued by a kid for a stupid fight and i need the money for a lawyer, plus my dad doesnt like the idea of turboing my car with bad valve seals to begin with.

yea just buy the whole thing, lol. tell(force) someone to buy your dam seats so u got the cash.

Last edited by maxum17ft; Jun 15, 2005 at 02:18 PM.

Quick Reply: installing my custom turbo & have some Q's