Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Just installed non-ic rrm turbo!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2005, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if the problem keeps coming back, something there needs to be replaced or you're going to keep having these problems. I'm thinking maybe the O2 sensors. You should probably get a OBDII scanner to let you know for sure. Boe and those other guys can probably let you know, their top-notch. Hope you get your car resolved soon.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 06:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a test put the stock pump back in the car... don't boost on it but see if that takes care of the driving. If it does then you pump is bad. If not put the big pump back in and have the fmu checked out. Talk to RRM and see if they'll do a swap for you.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

I would love to do that except i dont have stock pieces (im stupid for loosing them). I was in a hurry when i finished install b/c car was at someone elses house and we bent valves then had it towed next day. Kinda lost a few things, including a compression tester. I'll see if i cant locate the plastic pieces b/c it wont stay in w/o those.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

HEY good news; Went to autozone to get the error code read. It was the first o2 sensor, its bad. I dont know the exact code but he told me if was definatly the first one. He confirmed this by asking and making sure i had a 4 cylinder. So i guess ill order a new one from oxygensensors.com Anyone know about the aftermarket one for like 50.xx? Its the one you have to splice into your harness. Would you recommend this, or is there anything bad that could happen from using that one?
Old Jul 7, 2005, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

The front O2 censor wires are shielded.... not sure if that will mess up splicing into the wire or not, but I know you can't tap into A/F and get any readings there.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Is that only b/c its a narrow band? I plan on getting a wide band in the future but for functionality this will get my ratios back to normal and make my car run right, right? This is ofcourse assuming that nothing else is bad, but since the front o2 makes all the decisions i assume its my only problem right now.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered the aftermarket sensor from oxygensensors.com. SHould be here within 3-4 days. I called them first and they explained it is the same base sensor and will work with ecu and all the goodies, so im a little more relieved. WOOT!

-heath
Old Jul 7, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

My predictions were right! Do i now get a "Evom Guru" signature? j/k Well I'm glad you're going in the right direction. That's the first step on knowing how to troubleshoot your car. Good job.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 05:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Do you happen to remember what the code said exactly... him telling you bank 1 sensor error doesn't mean the sensor is bad. I hope it works for you and cures things.

Why did you bend valves? What happened there?
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

I bent valves during timing belt change, which i did while i was installing turbo; had nothing to do with boost. Infact it was the fastest 951 dollars i ever spent =\ Just turn the key and *clink*.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Also, i asked him specifically if it was first cat b/c second cat could get giving signal too, and he told me no its definatly the first cat. I can go tomorrow and get code if you would like.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Please... i'm not trying to say anyone is wrong or start anything. I just want to be sure your all good and head you in the right direction. Knowing exactly what the code was can help me do that. I'd hate for you to install the sensor and then it not work. It most likely will from what your saying but i'm a 100% kinda guy that doesn't sleep well knowing you may not be safe yet.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

P0135
Old Jul 8, 2005, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

So i guess thats the right code for bad sensor? I looked it up and it was "Heated sensor" so thats bad?
Old Jul 8, 2005, 04:49 PM
EvoM Guru

yeup... hopefully that will fix it. With that code you should have been running in limp mode and that would mean things would be seriously rich in boost.

Keep us posted.