Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

My Ripp Sds: 194whp/167tq

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not bad, hey it may not be quite what you had hoped and projected, but at least it is more than what you had. thats not the chart with the rpws? id really like to see the gains with that from the kamikaze. man i wish i could afford one, i love the sound of sc and i would like like for my car to come close to breaking 16s.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

194 is respectable power out of the 4g94
Old Jul 31, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

^^^yes most definitely. hell, i would love to say that my lancer is pushing that. and as long as im n/a i will never be able to.

Last edited by oz4g94; Jul 31, 2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

nice job greeny.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 03:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unfortunately, it might be a month or so before i get the rpw's on and get to a dyno, but i've been told the long tube headers will increase trq curve by like 10%, so even if my trq goes up a little bit, i think thats awesome!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 03:29 AM
Account Disabled

hey cassidy, i don't want to get into an argument about this, but i'm just going off of what ross told me. and honestly, with a slipping tranny and all the other stuff, it makes sense dude that your dyno was at 15 pounds. maybe your boost gauge was off or something, but the setup was set for 15 pounds (pulley and what not), so until I hear otherwise from ross, thats what i'm believing
Old Aug 1, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

nope, 10psi, check my post, check ross's post on rippmods.http://www.rippmods.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1003
Old Aug 1, 2005, 08:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nextgenerationx
194 is respectable power out of the 4g94
To add to this... 194 on an AUTOMATIC is very respecatable... I do agree the torque sucks but that is the biggest downer of the SC's. If you don't have the motor to support them, like the V-6/V-8's, then they are a big drag on the motor.

Devoted is selling his reflashed ecu now. It has a redline of 7000rpm. He's got it posted on SCLC and needs your stocker ecu core. You should check that out.

My biggest gripe though is that some of your mods i would have hoped pushed the numbers up more. The TB and intake manifold especially... but again, like you, i'm an overestimator at times.

Good luck against the turbo in the upcoming race... that torque is going to hurt you i think.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

yea, those rpw header will help u, i actually think it will help u alot.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 09:06 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer
To add to this... 194 on an AUTOMATIC is very respecatable... I do agree the torque sucks but that is the biggest downer of the SC's. If you don't have the motor to support them, like the V-6/V-8's, then they are a big drag on the motor.

Devoted is selling his reflashed ecu now. It has a redline of 7000rpm. He's got it posted on SCLC and needs your stocker ecu core. You should check that out.

My biggest gripe though is that some of your mods i would have hoped pushed the numbers up more. The TB and intake manifold especially... but again, like you, i'm an overestimator at times.

Good luck against the turbo in the upcoming race... that torque is going to hurt you i think.
yeah, the auto is soaking up power/trq and I of course knew the blower would, but like any other setup out there, its not all roses, they all have some down falls. I like where the torque is at right now, its very drivable and easy to control. I would like to increase it, and hopefully the rpw's will aid in that. The torque on the manual kits is much much better, its just what you pay to play with an auto

devoted is a 5 speed, and it has fuel curves changed like the rrm pb, correct? all i need is a stock ecu with rev limiter raised, no change to maps or anything else.

For the supporting mods, I was expecting a bit more. I know the IM is working alot cause you can feel the mid range pick up, just like when I was n/a. It's probably one of those things where it makes a difference in drivability, but on the dyno all them combined might be worth 5whp. Then again, I suspect the breather mods would benefit from the missing piece of the puzzle: ported head

2 notes:

-for those interested in a GB for ripps Lancer kit, lets make a new thread, cause Ross offered a 5 person GB for 3900 or so (can't remember the exact price, but I think its $3900). Thats $300 saved just for getting a few people together

-I filled up on Saturday and reset my trip counter, so pretty soon I'll be able to let you guys know how the mileage is. I think right now I'm about half way @ 150miles or so, which is pretty great, especially the way I've been driving
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

gas mileage is not bad, u should c better gas mileage than me cause of the smaller injectors and the supplemental injector, but i did get good gas mileage on itas well.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

oh man, green, u have no idea how depressing those numbers are. i hope mine doesnt turn out that way.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:56 PM
Account Disabled

depressing? what were you expecting man? i was expecting 210whp cause of my support mods, so this is right around where it should be. my guess, you will be right where i am, or lower, i don't know what you had in mind though
Old Aug 1, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

i had 220Whp in mind. especially with stage 2. then with supporting mods, 230whp. well looks like im getting pistons and rods soon.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 03:13 PM
Account Disabled

LOL, 230whp? i want whatever drugs your taking

come on man, you gotta think realistically about this kinda stuff. i admit, i overshot it on my estimates, but i think 230whp is just crazy high.

my guess, you'll be around 200whp just like me

Quick Reply: My Ripp Sds: 194whp/167tq