Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

1st Turbo 2008 Lancer?????

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fabricating a turbo kit isnt the easiest thing in the world for any shop, hint why there isnt one out already or we just dont take our lancers to the nearest shop to get a turbo kit
Old Jul 26, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

i base the hp compared to my van that is actully faster than my gts ;-( being a 2007 ford van and she beat me easy.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bene
fabricating a turbo kit isnt the easiest thing in the world for any shop,
believe me its way too easy (if you mean just fabrictaing the part...to do them right and reliable, thats what takes long (R&D, tuning)... fabbing a manifold/downpipe, very easy. My friend has slapped cars together with turbos and you'd be surprised how fast and reliable they are with just basic parts. Reason they take long to come out is because they have to be tested. A shop does not want to release a kit and then 2 months or less later all the customers come back with messed up stuff because they never took time to develop
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

are you sure it wasnt a TURBO Cherry Bomb sticker??? because if you say it was as loud as it was then her BF or somone might have beefed the exhaust with a pepboys cherrybomb, dont get me wrong no dout it sounded nice but i would have never of thought that a cherrybomb exhaust would sound louder and nicer then the Apexi N1 i built for mine 08 lancer?? oh well....
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Snopro
are you sure it wasnt a TURBO Cherry Bomb sticker??? because if you say it was as loud as it was then her BF or somone might have beefed the exhaust with a pepboys cherrybomb, dont get me wrong no dout it sounded nice but i would have never of thought that a cherrybomb exhaust would sound louder and nicer then the Apexi N1 i built for mine 08 lancer?? oh well....
im not shure ive never heard either muffler, but i dont think it had a muffler at all it was too loud. since im tracked by gps i could only follow her for a 1/8th mile.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sadly, I'm moving this thread to where it goes . . . the technical discussion forum.

Also cleaning the OT banter...
Old Jul 27, 2007, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Sadly, I'm moving this thread to where it goes . . . the technical discussion forum.

Also cleaning the OT banter...
lol yea i was thinking about posting here but i didnt think it was technical until i got a pic of the actual turbo setup. whats OT banter?? i wouldnt of posted it if i thought there was just some woman fooling around. 1st thought was that i read that the 4b11 was sensitive to back pressure in the exhaust. if so wouldnt just a strait pipe loose power? and if so how could it be faster than my gts? the entire engine and exhaust were vibrating badly causing a metal ping under the car. when she took off alot of smoke came out the exhaust. the turbo decal was a close match to the lancer decal same size and crome. she was very good looking. ive got quotes to turbo my lancer as low as $1500 custom everything. only reason i havent done it is because i have the cvt and im not wanting to kill it so soon. im split even on if it was real or not thats why i posted. i hope its fake because i should of had a turbo by now in a cvt lol.

Last edited by dsrttigr; Jul 27, 2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

it is not that hard to fabricate a turbo. i know 18 year old guys with no educations who throw custom turbos on all kinds of bs. shops do'nt have to install things. those guys who install the turbos at shops have their own cars as well, and they probably do all their own turbos at their house.

also, the fact that it was not a gts but an ES says to me that there is a good chance it was a 5 speed, making turboing really, really possible.

the only reason i think no one on this forum ahs turbod their car is because most of you have CVT GTSs and are afraid. lol like i am.

turboing a 5 speed 08 Lancer would be no more difficult than turboing a 96 honda civic.

i have heard people who do not even own 08s tell me that when they see the car stock drag at events they go to often, that it is pretty quick after the launch. it almost always passes the other car before the halfway mark. that was kind of off topic.

Edit: thos are not hubcaps, they are the Alloys for the ES model.

Last edited by David Kelly; Jul 27, 2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 06:53 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

OT banter was all the stupid posts I deleted when I moved it here. People making comments that had nothing to do with turbos.

Also, if you look at the RRM thread about the front lip they're designing, you'll notice a FMIC. I'm guessing they've already got the turbo done. But I could be wrong...
Old Jul 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

I have one question. Why were you driving a white cargo van?

I think its BS personally. If someone really turbo'd their Lancer I would think the last thing they would do is put a freakin turbo decal on it. Usually thats the kind of crap you see on cars where they just want people to think its that way, but who knows
Old Jul 28, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj

Also, if you look at the RRM thread about the front lip they're designing, you'll notice a FMIC. I'm guessing they've already got the turbo done. But I could be wrong...
Sheep I think you are talking about the photoshop job where the guy threw that in as part of his photoshop. If I am wrong though show me the picture with a real one!
Old Jul 28, 2007, 12:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by LancerGTS
Sheep I think you are talking about the photoshop job where the guy threw that in as part of his photoshop. If I am wrong though show me the picture with a real one!
I'll have go back and look.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 04:16 PM

hmm... maybe this is the first GTS with a turbo, the article says that is is probably the new RA, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am more leaning to it being the RA.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/...art-283582.php
Old Jul 28, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by frhstrack11
hmm... maybe this is the first GTS with a turbo, the article says that is is probably the new RA, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am more leaning to it being the RA.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/...art-283582.php
it was a es with a gts/ra wing. i was thinking maybee it was a test of some turbo parts because there is alot of high temp testing here always in the summer because its very hot. i couldnt get a front view because she was too fast but when i saw it in my mirror i thought i saw a fmic but it looked more like a stock one than aftermarket.

the van is for work i was going to my office, i wish i could use my lancer isntead i get spectators everywhere i go in that .

Last edited by dsrttigr; Jul 28, 2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

so when she launched did the car squat and let loose or did the front end pop up off the ground?

Quick Reply: 1st Turbo 2008 Lancer?????