Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

1st Turbo 2008 Lancer?????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are they in a trailer park?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^theyre being ninja.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rabidhamster
kinda back on the subject

it would be pretty easy to turbo the lancer... wouldn't even need to build a manifold

build an extension to bolt to the OEM manifold, with a couple brackets on it to secure it to the same studs the mani bolts to the head with... oem exh flange on one end, turbo flange on the other, maybe 4inchs long.

you'll have to make about 18inchs of exhaust pipe to make a downpipe to remount up to the factory exhaust.

the rest is tuning.. and that can be done with split seconds FTC1 piggy back (stand alone style tuning) and a RRFPR for fine tuning. honestly.. you should be able to do it for around 2 grand plus your time if your so inclined... personally I would prolly charge someone around 1K for the fabrication, installation time

I personally would also add monitoring equipment like a wideband o2 sensor and gauge, and a gauge to monitor knock, injector pulse width .. just to help make sure the engine doesn't go BOOM

as for the hard parts... I would use a CT26 from a supra, and a water to air intercooler from a JDM STI ... but that is my preference.
yes im thinking easier than normal with the extra space under the hood, im still waiting on the cvt hp raiting to see if i will turbo or not. i just want like 300hp to hang with some of the new v6 cars.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

300... your prolly gonna need injectors , pump, full exhuast, and a lil bigger turbo

I'd think 250ish would be very much do able with what I listed above... though that depends on the oem injectors and pump.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rabidhamster
300... your prolly gonna need injectors , pump, full exhuast, and a lil bigger turbo

I'd think 250ish would be very much do able with what I listed above... though that depends on the oem injectors and pump.
yea im thinking 250hp without fuel management and 300hp with it. pistons are always a good idea unless the exo x has the same internals as the lancer + a turbo. that would be cool if the engine could handle that well without going inside but i doubt they will be the same. anyone know if the stock pistons and rings are any good yet? any engine swap ideas?

Still wanting a 500hp cvt gts.

Last edited by dsrttigr; Aug 7, 2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

i want to put a v6 in this. i know it would have to be a 5 speed cuz the mitsu suv with the 6cylinder CVT doesn't have the paddles.

a V6 Lancer? there is a V6 Mazda 6. if it mounted that would be so awesome... i'd do that **** tomorrow.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll never understand the draw in buying a brand new car and then going "damn, I gotta do a motor swap!" Maybe after the warranty ends, but in my opinion, if you wanted a V6 you should have bought one...
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by dsrttigr
yea im thinking 250hp without fuel management and 300hp with it. pistons are always a good idea unless the exo x has the same internals as the lancer + a turbo. that would be cool if the engine could handle that well without going inside but i doubt they will be the same. anyone know if the stock pistons and rings are any good yet? any engine swap ideas?

Still wanting a 500hp cvt gts.
I doubt the pistons and rods will be the same. I'm sure they will have much beefier internals with something more on the order of 8.0-9.0/1 compression. They will also have oil squirters.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

if they had a V6 that looks as good as a Lancer, I would have.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
I'll never understand the draw in buying a brand new car and then going "damn, I gotta do a motor swap!" Maybe after the warranty ends, but in my opinion, if you wanted a V6 you should have bought one...
heh... pretty much all of my vehicle purchases up till setting up this lancer (I HATE waiting) have been atleast partially based on "what can I put in this"

but I've also never paid more then $800 initial purchase for a vehicle or owned newer then 1988 .. I have however put over 10K into a couple of those purchases LOL
Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

lol yea theres alot of room under the 08 hood a v6 would prob be too heavy though. im thinking more 03-06 evo motor. i know the manifolds are reverse but is there room to adapt? swap the engine to save your nice new stock one. this car is just too slow for how fast it looks lol.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this car is just too slow for how fast it looks lol.
This is why we have RRM turbo kits. Just be patient.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
This is why we have RRM turbo kits. Just be patient.
yea ill just wait i know it will be worth it. im usually very patient but i think the shark eyes have hypnotized me.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:22 PM

lol yea theres alot of room under the 08 hood a v6 would prob be too heavy though. im thinking more 03-06 evo motor. i know the manifolds are reverse but is there room to adapt? swap the engine to save your nice new stock one. this car is just too slow for how fast it looks lol.
You would prolly spend less by just buying a new EVO when they come out

Last edited by 2008BLACKGTS; Aug 8, 2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you find this girl agian take a pic of her, and the lancer, turbo if there is any and give her # to me also lol... I am waiting on the RRM Turbo!

Quick Reply: 1st Turbo 2008 Lancer?????