Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

1st Turbo 2008 Lancer?????

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frhstrack11
hmm... maybe this is the first GTS with a turbo, the article says that is is probably the new RA, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am more leaning to it being the RA.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/...art-283582.php
dammit... I shoulda waited
Old Jul 28, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by derangedazn
so when she launched did the car squat and let loose or did the front end pop up off the ground?
if your thinking evo.. the body style is a lil off

oh yeah and the winged ES thing is REALLY common.. dealerships are putting on GTS wings and sometimes GTS like aftermarket rims .. so the people that couldn't afford the GTS have something that looks like one

the local dealership gets all their rims done through the shop I work for

Last edited by Rabidhamster; Jul 28, 2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Wouldn't it be quieter if it was turbo ? Even with no cat on the turbo RA it's pretty quiet. I guess no muffler would make it loud again?
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

most of the lancers at the dealerships i've seen have the spoiler and are ESs or DEs. They also put the ES wheels on DEs a lot of the time, but I don't think I've seen GTS wheels on anything but a GTS yet.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David Kelly
most of the lancers at the dealerships i've seen have the spoiler and are ESs or DEs. They also put the ES wheels on DEs a lot of the time, but I don't think I've seen GTS wheels on anything but a GTS yet.
i sold my old gts wheels to someone with a es model but i havent seen the pics yet. he is getting the gts body kit too. https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/defa...5a63b6ae98818c
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AdamRA
Wouldn't it be quieter if it was turbo ? Even with no cat on the turbo RA it's pretty quiet. I guess no muffler would make it loud again?
the stock muffler was gone i could see that wasnt there, but if she had a smaller muffler i couldnt see it. it was so loud she didnt even notice me. im pretty shure it was probally cut back at the axle and probally welded but no mounts.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:36 AM
Account Disabled

We need pictures of this mythical turbo Lancer's turbo to prove that it really has a turbo.

Most likely the loudness is from not having a muffler or a huge portion of the exhaust has been deleted and the turbo decal is just that, a decal.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vigo
We need pictures of this mythical turbo Lancer's turbo to prove that it really has a turbo.

Most likely the loudness is from not having a muffler or a huge portion of the exhaust has been deleted and the turbo decal is just that, a decal.
yea i have my digital cam im my gts and ive been cruising around the same area but nothing yet. im going to my dealership today and ask them too. if i can catch her ill ask her for a pic if its real. if its fake ill clown on her lol.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

those '09 ralliart pictures.. I noticed ALOT of things on this car and it is so much like the X that it makes me wonder why make a car so close to the X?

it has projectors, dual exhaust, the ribbing going down the roof (aluminum roof?) vented hood, intercooler etc...

only way to keep it from taking X sales away is for it to be FWD and 5 speed. I wonder if it will keep the 4B11

how old are these pictures? if they are old it may just be pre-X pictures like how they tested the X on a previous gen lancer body but I doubt it
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

here is the new rallyart and evo x on this link http://www.autogespot.com/index.php?id=412

funny the decal on the wheels were covered, like u cant tell those are gts stocks.

Last edited by dsrttigr; Jul 29, 2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:24 PM

chach, from my knowledge the pics from jalopnik were fairly recent (with in the last week).
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

it prolly sounded like it was idleing high because of the straight pipe exhaust making it a very high-mid range idle sound, a 2.0 wont be deep and sound like its running fast

no turbo...
Old Jul 29, 2007, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsrttigr
yea i have my digital cam im my gts and ive been cruising around the same area but nothing yet. im going to my dealership today and ask them too. if i can catch her ill ask her for a pic if its real. if its fake ill clown on her lol.
What if she is hot and it is a fake turbo?
Old Jul 29, 2007, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by derangedazn
What if she is hot and it is a fake turbo?
Then you clown on her even more than usual
Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsrttigr
here is the new rallyart and evo x on this link http://www.autogespot.com/index.php?id=412

funny the decal on the wheels were covered, like u cant tell those are gts stocks.
so why is there 2 brand new 08s, ones an evo and the 2nd an RA?, in a crappy trailer park?

Quick Reply: 1st Turbo 2008 Lancer?????