Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Supercharged Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2008, 06:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueGTS
It was a noob on Lancertuners. Sorry guys, when I looked at his profile, he was a 9 poster...but just because I am new here, doesn't mean I don't know anything about tuning a car. I have tuned a Tib, Jetta 1.8T, and now the Lancer so, I have been around on different scenes. Jetta was sick too, just waiting on a nice turbo or S/C to come out for the lancer, then we will see if she's worth the price I paid for it.
Your low post count doesn't mean you're an idiot.

But it makes you look bad when you start throwing around rumors that other noobs posted elsewhere...
Old Feb 7, 2008, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, but I admitted my mistake. Anyway, who in the past has made S/C kits for Mitsubishis...I know of Ripp...anyone else out there?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 07:37 AM

Hmm, interesting....I never really considered applying a SC system to the lancer. I've always been under the impression that turbo was the way to go for smaller (4-cyl) engines but if the CVT & SC could be a potentially better combination.......
Old Feb 8, 2008, 07:53 AM

Well with the SC it takes HP to make it but not all that much... you will gain a lot more then you loose..... i dont really know which would be better.... i mean with the CVT it doesnt really shift gears so you wont have the turbo lag i think like you would on a manual. With the SC system you can also put on an aftermarket header for more flow... the cost... i dont know if it would be much different. Install i am pretty sure is a bit easierbut probubly not a whole lot...... well we will just have to see if someone will make a kit and then see if we can get a turboed CVT and SC cvt at the same boost and same dyno to compare some numbers being its the same exept for the way it is force inducted
Old Feb 8, 2008, 08:25 AM

The way it's sounding, even if the SC is running a lower hp, the constant power provided could still outweigh a higher hp turbo due to the overall curve and lack of lag....I'd love to see something like this come out or at least be put into development
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:18 AM

I am sure some company will eventually.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:36 AM

I am betting on Ripp mods will get on it first...they have videos of them dyno testing from Eclipses to lancers (not 08s) with impressive results.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Just to clear some things up, there is lag with a supercharger, it's not like you have maximum power at all times, you simply don't experience the lag when let off the throttle and get back on it again. That being said, as long as you go with a decent sized turbo, the lag isn't noticeable. The difference between a turbo and a supercharger boils down to personal preference as they both have advantages and disadvantages but neither truly has the lead.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Local companies here do it. Like I think any local US company would do it for u.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:54 AM

Yeah i am sure you can have it done at a performance shop but they would have your car for like 2 weeks and they have to custom fab a lot of stuff... then it also requires them finding the right FMU and wires to tap into as well.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:21 PM

I was on Rippmods website but its a bit broken, can't contact them to see whether or not they are going to try one.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 07:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

After seeing how they handled the 02-06 kit, I'm not holding my breath on RIPP. It was a fiasco, at best.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 10:04 AM

Oh really? I didn't hear anything, but I am new to the Lacer scene. They have a bunch of video posts on them supercharging a new Eclipse MIVEC 4cyl, and lancer ralliarts with nice results, but I don't know about their reliability, but the Tiburon owners seem to like them.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Just to state the facts (and not bash), a brief timeline of RIPP & EvoM...

- After a bit of R&D, RIPP released the 4G94 kit to great interest.
- After a few blown engines (which was something of a "dirty little secret"), they "perfected" their Black Box piggyback
- Happy times, happy SC cars
- Couple modifications released, RIPP gets harder to get ahold of
- 4G94 kit is dramatically modified, Black Box is no longer included
- RIPP fades away, stops posting, stops answering questions
- 4G94 kit is no longer even listed on RIPPMODS.COMwebsite...
Old Feb 9, 2008, 01:49 PM

Blown customer engines? Ouch, maybe they're reputation has taken as much of a beating as Mitsubishi's has!

Quick Reply: Supercharged Lancer