Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Supercharged Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2008, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharged Lancer

Has anyone looked into a supercharger application for the Lancer. Especially for the CVT. I was looking around and I would think that a supercarger for the CVT might work well. I was looking into vortech and some of their components and it can be done for a resonable price. Your thoughts??
Old Jan 28, 2008, 08:35 AM

For a CVT I agree, but superchargers are not known to maximize output on a 4cyl like a turbo can. I think most SC I have seen usually are in the 50-90 whp range and cost as much as turbos.

But I think I understand your point, because the CVT holds the RPMs to accelerate for a flat acceleration curve, then the constant surge of a SC would make sense with the CVT. I would love to see someone look into it. Alpine Developments would be a good company to ask.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 08:47 AM

I can fabricate the system from the mount of the SC to the oil line, and all the piping the only area i would need some help with is the ECU components. I would need to get some help in figuring out how to do that part. It would be nice to have a system pre made but i know i can custom fab for a lot less too.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

In all honesty, my thoughts on the CVT trans and boost (turbo) would be the hot new thing! Heck, who on the drag strip wouldn't love to have an all most seamless "single" gear during the entire 1/4 mile? Plus, with the CVT/turbo...you'll not have to worry about pressure drop and missed shifts. The key would be fitting the optimal turbo to the car and figuring out what the newly-developed trans can take.

Anyways, turbo or SC...both a great route, and in conjunction with the CVT - you can't lose!
Old Jan 28, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Well, maybe am I wrong, but the main advantage of the s/c over the turbo is that it give a better power boost all over the rpm range.
With the CVT, you have the chance to get always the same rpm, thus always getting the better output, making the advantage of the s/c useless...
So in my opinion, if you want it for the CVT, you want high end output, and care less about whole powerband upgrade.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Deepside
Well, maybe am I wrong, but the main advantage of the s/c over the turbo is that it give a better power boost all over the rpm range.
With the CVT, you have the chance to get always the same rpm, thus always getting the better output, making the advantage of the s/c useless...
So in my opinion, if you want it for the CVT, you want high end output, and care less about whole powerband upgrade.
You are walking yourself in circles, the point of a s/c with the cvt is the flat power curve the s/c can provide in conjunction with the flat power delivery the cvt can provide, so you have the two systems working in tandem having a smooth skyward power curve.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

plus you wont get any turbo lag
Old Jan 29, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

^Exactly my point!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

coincidence? i was thnking about this this morning while driving to school. suh wheat!
Old Jan 31, 2008, 09:14 AM

Lets start giving the "come to Jesus..." talk to our fellow CVTers to support the effort of a supercharger kit! I just think its a better option for our application which is unique.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:29 PM

Well I have seen SC kits for other lancers so i think at some point it will happen but when is the question 1 year 2 years?? like i said before i can custom fab a system the only part is getting the right perameters for the ECU. I am not to knowlegable about the structure of the ECU or how to mod it. Give me an old carb engine and i can do most anything!!
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:51 AM

The rumor mills are buzzing with WORKS developing a S/C kit right now
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlueGTS
The rumor mills are buzzing with WORKS developing a S/C kit right now
where did you hear this?
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:02 AM

I saw it on a post in some other board, I can't locate it, but that guy was an *** because I asked WORKS and they were like...uh supercharger? A Turbo yeah...by cannibalizing OEM Evo X parts SO...scratch what I said earlier!

But I would still like to see a S/C kit.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:36 AM

It was a noob on Lancertuners. Sorry guys, when I looked at his profile, he was a 9 poster...but just because I am new here, doesn't mean I don't know anything about tuning a car. I have tuned a Tib, Jetta 1.8T, and now the Lancer so, I have been around on different scenes. Jetta was sick too, just waiting on a nice turbo or S/C to come out for the lancer, then we will see if she's worth the price I paid for it.

Quick Reply: Supercharged Lancer