Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

2008+ turbo kit - from xtremeboost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RC2099
So far there are 2 major companies working on Turbo 08+ Lancers, RRM and XtreameBoost. Best thing about it, neither company is rushing to provide a sub-standard product! Let them take thier time and produce a high quality kit so you dont have to put your motor back together!
We have only started working on this kit back in May, and are very far along with it. Check the other turbo kit threads to see when those kits were started, and then when they were put out. Ours is coming out much faster, but while still being a reliable and safe kit. Which unfortunately for you guys means a slightly longer wait time. But a good turbo kit While we want to get the kit out as quickly as possible, it also doesn't do any of us good if we rush it and put out a kit that may still have some problems.

I have been doing my best to make it to the track and post videos and updated info. There is another video i think in this thread from an earlier track visit. Thank you to all of you who support us And to those who keep saying "oh you say you'll do it but then say you don't have time", please understand that i am going to school full time, working full time, and the 4-5 hours a day that i have free, is the only time i have to sleep. I don't even get time to go grocery shopping, let alone sit on my computer uploading videos. Most of my posting is done on my cell phone, it's the only way i have time,
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, here is some info: I have an 08 Outlander XLS. It has a V6 220hp with Sportronic trans. It DOES NOT have a CVT trans. The CVT trans comes on the 4 cyl Outlander, which is rated at the same hp as the Lancer GTS.
Ah, I didn't realize that, thanks for the clarification. calls the CVT a Sportronic too, so I assumed it was the same. So basically all we have to go on right now is that RRM's turbo hasn't melted the CVT yet .
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bigredlancer08
We have only started working on this kit back in May, and are very far along with it. Check the other turbo kit threads to see when those kits were started, and then when they were put out. Ours is coming out much faster, but while still being a reliable and safe kit. Which unfortunately for you guys means a slightly longer wait time. But a good turbo kit While we want to get the kit out as quickly as possible, it also doesn't do any of us good if we rush it and put out a kit that may still have some problems.
I know you guys are moving much faster than RRM, but they are also working on a CVT version, and this trans has been a biotch electronicly.

I'd love to see more pics, and video, but for gods sake girl, GET SOME SLEEP! lol

I can't wait to see the full up version, but unfotunatly, I won't be able to get one, b/c I got the CVT! for performance but for trafic and smooth ride!

Now, Back to the show!

Scott
Old Jun 24, 2008, 03:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bigredlancer08
I'll get some sleep in october when my classes are over

We're gonna start on the CVT when the manual is all done

I can get some pics up soon for you guys, then when it''s tuned we'll have video of it at the track and running better

Wow, you guys are gonna atempt a CVT kit as well? Just prepare yourself, It hates power! It likes to go into this hybrid/limp/safe mode! It is all electronic but it is a pain in the ****!

Thanks, cant wait to see more pics.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please keep this on topic. This is about a turbo kit not N/A Parts. Nor is it a discussion on transmissions other than a turbo kit for a certain kind of transmission.

Last edited by Kurt; Jun 25, 2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:33 PM
Account Disabled

Off Topic

He's right,

Take the trans talk here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...91#post5816691

As for this kit, have you all figured out how much psi you would like the kit to run? The most I have seen on a N/A to turbo conversion bolt on kit was 10 for safty. I have seen people bump it up to 12 and 15 with little or no problems on the Scion tC and Mazda 3. Can we "expect" to be close to that on the production kit?

I know this starts rumors, but any "guesstamates" on the final whp?

Thanks!

Scott
Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

He's right,

Take the trans talk here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...91#post5816691

As for this kit, have you all figured out how much psi you would like the kit to run? The most I have seen on a N/A to turbo conversion bolt on kit was 10 for safty. I have seen people bump it up to 12 and 15 with little or no problems on the Scion tC and Mazda 3. Can we "expect" to be close to that on the production kit?

I know this starts rumors, but any "guesstamates" on the final whp?

Thanks!

Scott
Like we've said before, 6-7 psi is the most you would want to run on these cars without upgrading the internals. I am not going to post any guesses on whp, since like you said, there will be rumors flying, and if i say one thing, by the time it gets through 5 people it will be something completely different lol. Once we get it tuned we will have a better idea of how much hp it will be putting down, and we'll let you guys know.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
Account Disabled

Thats kool. I cant wait to see the numbers and see the CVT kit started!

Scott
Old Jun 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Account Disabled

Thats kool. I cant wait to see the numbers and see the CVT kit started!

Scott
same here cvt should be awesome
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LuDa
same here cvt should be awesome

Thanks for looking into our product . Fact is we can do the kits today but the reality is that cost is always an issue and the way I see it is that if I can find a way to make you guys a really nice kit and sell it for lets say $3,500 shipped that would be badass !! Right now thats just what I'm doing . To me it makes no business sense to sell 10 kits at $4,700 if I can sell 30 kits at $3,500 . One I will make more of you guys really happy and two I will make more money as well . Just look at our "prototype " kit and you an clearly tell we have put some time into making it and not just looking to but some parts together and make money !! I know most of you guys are just like me and we know like something nice under the hood that we can actually show-off here and there . I'm into not only making a good working product but also making that product look good as well and not killing your pockets Now that the flash for these cars is pretty much out you guys will save that extra money in the kit and in re-tunes is the future .

Trust me when I say that the wait will be worth it .
Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xtremeboost
Thanks for looking into our product . Fact is we can do the kits today but the reality is that cost is always an issue and the way I see it is that if I can find a way to make you guys a really nice kit and sell it for lets say $3,500 shipped that would be badass !! Right now thats just what I'm doing . To me it makes no business sense to sell 10 kits at $4,700 if I can sell 30 kits at $3,500 . One I will make more of you guys really happy and two I will make more money as well . Just look at our "prototype " kit and you an clearly tell we have put some time into making it and not just looking to but some parts together and make money !! I know most of you guys are just like me and we know like something nice under the hood that we can actually show-off here and there . I'm into not only making a good working product but also making that product look good as well and not killing your pockets Now that the flash for these cars is pretty much out you guys will save that extra money in the kit and in re-tunes is the future .

Thanka a lot, because not everyone including me has 5grand to dish out. I apreciate the work you guys are putting into the turbo and keeping us posted as information becomes available.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by xtremeboost

thanks for the feedback i think that really says a lot to the people that are waiting for the kit. not to talk down on RRM or any other compeds. but most companys are out there by for the money as you can see in what products they sell..and its kind of obvious that some are making major profit for some unreasonable price. im a business man also thats my major and i think you guys are doing an excellent job in providing great customer service all while handling business and making your money, and making a great reliable product. im looking forward to you guys cvt kit and future plans that you may have. so take your time and keep up the good work
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you all for your support We'll keep you guys all updated on the progress as we move along
Old Jul 6, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

So i just read through 10 Pages hoping to see what the specs are on this kit, and ive seen nothing. Id like to see some hard numbers and just a general overview of what i would be getting if i decided to go with you guys over RRM. I mean i dont doubt the quality of your kit, its just that i would like to see some more information on it.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Drifting Away
So i just read through 10 Pages hoping to see what the specs are on this kit, and ive seen nothing. Id like to see some hard numbers and just a general overview of what i would be getting if i decided to go with you guys over RRM. I mean i dont doubt the quality of your kit, its just that i would like to see some more information on it.
like i said before, we're still waiting on the tune. Our tuner hasn't recieved the communication cable yet, when he does we will have it tuned, then dynoed, and we will keep you all updated

Quick Reply: 2008+ turbo kit - from xtremeboost