Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

this is what happens when i get bored!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You suck sooo bad......j/k
Love what your doin/did now you got me jeolous
I wish i could afford to finish my build im about 3k shy of the rest of my part, i could have started small but was bored and came into a big chunk of moneys just not enough im building to go straight to 18psi should be fun

Subscribed
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:31 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RALLIART15
You suck sooo bad......j/k
Love what your doin/did now you got me jeolous
I wish i could afford to finish my build im about 3k shy of the rest of my part, i could have started small but was bored and came into a big chunk of moneys just not enough im building to go straight to 18psi should be fun

Subscribed
just double triple check everything and make sure you have everything. i had to overnight a few parts/gaskets/flanges that i totally space on, and the sad thing is , this isnt my first turbo build so i should have known.

few other things to mention.....
i went to do my valve cover gasket since it was starting to get pretty bad, the guy at the parts store (*cough* orieley) sold me a gasket for a v-6 ford truck and 5 quarts of atf to flush my trans. luckilly looking at the recipt i didnt get charged for the gasket for the ford but i am taking back the wrong trans fluid and getting new. the thing is that ticks me off is that if you work at an auto parts store you should have SOME knowledge of cars and know that a ford gasket will NOT fit on a mitsu! i even told him that i have an 03 mitsu lancer non turbo and i needed a valve cover gasket for it!

on my trans issue. i think it might just be a gear thats not liking me (grinding). granted i know this isnt a for sure fix, but i am going to try to flush the trans and put new fluid in. in the mean time im going to start looking for a used low mileage trans to drop in some weekend, and then clean and build the other (the one im having problems with as of now)
Old Apr 13, 2009, 03:07 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

does anyone know if the 04 lancer trans can drop into an 03? i talked to 2 different mitsu dealers around my area and they said that they have different codes for the 2 of them, but i had them fax over the exploded views of them and they look the same to me. does it have a different gear ratio, syncros etc whatever to give it the different code?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i honestly dont know.. but if you talked to a mitsubishi dealer then they used CAPS to look it up.. its really accurate..

but swapping the bellhousing would fix any aligment issues... i dont see why they wouldnt work though, its coming off the same motor still..
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:07 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

ya i posted this same question over in the tranny tech thread and YES they are interchangeable. they do use the 4g94 engine so it would work. the only thing is that the 04 is the "rev3" version, so idk what that all entails but it still will work. gonna go to the junk yard tomorrow and look and see whats all there.

josh
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:01 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

well i think its a gear problem. i just changed my trans fluid and it still grinds pretty good. the old trans fluid was black and sparklie, in which i thought it would be. well now its time to get some money and get a new used junkyard trans with low miles and ANOTHER case of beer! lol.

also if anyone is interestrd im going to be selling my stock trunk lid with wing. pm me for details. i should have it up for sale hopefully tonight with pics.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:33 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

update......

got the 04 trans in no problem. decided to go that route over trying to fix my other one. just had to mod the bleed from the 04 to make fit my 03 with the turbo intake hose right there. other than that a smooth install.

on a side note....
lookin to get 4 wrx 440s instead of my 4 stocks and 1 big 750 with the split second tuning. does anyone know if i can just drop in the 440s and then run ecu flash WITHOUT having to buy the rrm ver 1 piggy or is the piggy necessary? also has anyone tried to put in an evo ecu into our cars? i mean i know its for the evo but it sees boost because obviously thats what it comes with stock.

josh
Old May 5, 2009, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

i don't know if it would work since the evo engine has alot of boost specific sensors. might take alot research and work to get it to work right.
Old May 5, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
You CAN'T just plug in an Evo ECU and have it work. We have a SOHC, Evo's do not.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:28 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
You CAN'T just plug in an Evo ECU and have it work. We have a SOHC, Evo's do not.
thats what i thought. my friend said that i could but i didnt think so.
Old May 6, 2009, 06:26 PM

So is a 16g the best turbo for the Lancer or would there be another turbo thats good?
Old May 6, 2009, 07:39 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Punz247
So is a 16g the best turbo for the Lancer or would there be another turbo thats good?
you could do it with pretty much any turbo, as long as you have an external wastegate (if running stock internals, which can only hold 7psi at most) and a flange for the manifold that fits it.

i would say either a 14b or 16g (eclipse style 7cm inlet)are your best bets. if you go that route you can buy a manifold from roadracemotorsports.com that is already made and ready to go.
Old May 7, 2009, 10:18 AM

I have looked at RRM stuff and a fan of them but there pricey as F***. I found the manifold for like half the price(give or take) Im cheap but i know you get what you pay for but i alway just try to find deals.
Old May 7, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

neons and system gotta go!!!! to getto! and you want wait reduction lmao
Old May 7, 2009, 10:34 AM

what do you guys think of this kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-06...spagenameZWDVW

Quick Reply: this is what happens when i get bored!