Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Me doing a Turbo rebuild t25

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Me doing a Turbo rebuild t25

I got a t25 turbo from a friend of mine $40.00 The shaft has some play but both wheels are in great shape and shaft does not appear to be bent. Me doing a Turbo rebuild t25-008-revised1.jpg as you can tell it is in need of a rebuild. So this is me doing the rebuild myself to save $$$. I have never worked with a turbo I just want to say that now, so do not take what I have done or said as gold. I am new to this. So we will see how it goes. If you see me doing anything wrong/incorrect let me know as then people that are reading this do not make the same mistake that I have. You can get a rebuild kit for this type of turbo for about $90-$100 which is a huge savings since on ebay they are $390 and up.

Part 1 Disassembly

what i did First was put some sort or penetrating spray on the large snap ring on the compressor side of the turbo. This will help you out later when it is time to come off. Second i removed the o2 housing and the waistgate easy enough just a few bolts marked them and placed in plastic bags. Third u should mark the exhaust housing in refrence to center section as to install in original position.(i forgot) Then removed the exhaust housing to do this you remove the 4 bolts holding it on. They are suppose to hit the iron above them that is a good thing, Because as you loosen the bolts they push the exhaust housing off just turn them a little at a time once they are hitting as to not cause a stress on the shaft of blades.Me doing a Turbo rebuild t25-0033.jpg Forth Now you want to mark the compressor side of the turbo just as you did your exhaust side as to get it in it's correct position. (also forgot) now remove that snap ring that you soaked. once off use a hammer to LIGHTLY tap off the compressor housing if necessary. Remember it is made of aluminum Me doing a Turbo rebuild t25-005.jpg. now you should have 3 seperate section of turbo the center section and exhaust/compressor housing. Me doing a Turbo rebuild t25-001.jpg.

Last edited by *02Lancer*; Nov 19, 2008 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Obtained new information
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So i take it the compressor wheel still turns and doesn't hit the housing. Take a look at this. Rebuild kits for the gt25 is fairly cheap and can be bought on ebay or certain websites. Good luck rebuilding it though!

#1 Journal bearing, Slender shaft
#1 Journal bearing, Standard shaft
#2 Retaining ring for journal bearing
#3 Anti-rotation pin for journal bearing
#4 Piston ring for turbine end
#5 Thrust bearing
#6 Bolts for seal plate and thrust bearing
#7 Thrust spacer, Super back
#7 Thrust spacer, Flat back
#7 Thrust spacer
#8 Piston ring for compressor end
#8 Piston ring for compressor end