Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

boost question on 05 lancer es

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asimpson719
also i was wondering after the turbo is installed do you need to have the car trailered to a shop or is it ok to drive temp to get it their. if theres not one in town i might be driving about 4 hours to get to one
Turn the boost down?

When RRM first introduced their turbo kits for the Lancer, it did not have any type of engine management. It had a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure thingy and that was it. Piggybacks weren't offered back then and people were still boosting safely. If you don't try to see how far the needle can go on your boost gauge and stay within the known limits, you'll be safely boosting on stock ecu. Just make sure you have enough fuel making its way to the combustion chamber.

Last edited by blaze_125; Apr 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just stay in vacuum the whole time, you'll be alright
Old Apr 1, 2009, 03:29 PM

yeah i wanna get my car "turbo'd" as quickly and price effeciently as possible.

no im not trying to say i wanna take shortcuts but i just wanna get it in so i can then start upgrading all the essentials.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
k.. then here is my list for you..
used ev8 turbo
speedcorp manifold
ANY ebay o2 dump pipe and downpipe..
evo intercooler and intercooler pipes..
evo bov
forge wastegate with 5-9psi spring
wrx 440cc injectors
walbro 255

only thing that i can think of that will need modifiing is the downpipe.. it will need to be extended a little. so u will have to get a muffler shop or somewhere else that will do work for cheap to do that...(so it might sound like *** untill u get it there)

you could haggle your way down on some prices and u should be able to pic most of that up for fairly cheap.. should cost you all around a grand. maybe a little more..
there will not be to much to modifiy.. u will have to ghetto/autozon build an intake for it.. and also drill and tap a oil return line into your upper oil pan(i had mine welded in, but that will cost u some more $ to do it that way)

other then that.. u dont 100% need a wideband if you get it professionally tuned, most tuners have there own wideband they have install.. (some dont) and i always watch my wideband while im driving just incase im running way to lean on throttle or something..

i would suggest getting ATLEAST a boost and oil pressure gauge..

and your oil feed lines r pretty simple to setup, just need to think about it and home depot has most of what you need for the feed and return lines..
Old Apr 1, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

^^ did not proof read it, i just typed and hit enter, so if something it typed incorrectly, someone correct me..

but that is about the cheapest and ghetto root you can go and still be easy.. everything is just upgrades from there..(intercooler/ic pipes/custom build downpipe and full exhaust)
Old Apr 1, 2009, 07:29 PM

Awesome! thanks for all your replys you've been more than helpful to me in responding to my threads and posts.
tomorrow or the next day ill begin purchasing items for my setup and when i get most of them ill then start my turbo install thread!

one thing i plan on getting is the mishimoto z line intercooler im trying to to remove the crash bar.
but will the evo piping still work with that i believe they are both 2.5" but correct me if im wrong.

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
k.. then here is my list for you..
used ev8 turbo
speedcorp manifold
ANY ebay o2 dump pipe and downpipe..
evo intercooler and intercooler pipes..
evo bov
forge wastegate with 5-9psi spring
wrx 440cc injectors
walbro 255

only thing that i can think of that will need modifiing is the downpipe.. it will need to be extended a little. so u will have to get a muffler shop or somewhere else that will do work for cheap to do that...(so it might sound like *** untill u get it there)

you could haggle your way down on some prices and u should be able to pic most of that up for fairly cheap.. should cost you all around a grand. maybe a little more..
there will not be to much to modifiy.. u will have to ghetto/autozon build an intake for it.. and also drill and tap a oil return line into your upper oil pan(i had mine welded in, but that will cost u some more $ to do it that way)

other then that.. u dont 100% need a wideband if you get it professionally tuned, most tuners have there own wideband they have install.. (some dont) and i always watch my wideband while im driving just incase im running way to lean on throttle or something..

i would suggest getting ATLEAST a boost and oil pressure gauge..

and your oil feed lines r pretty simple to setup, just need to think about it and home depot has most of what you need for the feed and return lines..

Last edited by asimpson719; Apr 1, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

hrmmm.. i cant really say for sure.. since the mishimoto isnt really setup for an evo piping or anything like that..
and most people that turbo dont keep there crash bars, so i cant say yes or no to that question, i would assume u could do it with the Z line.. (im just not a big fan i like the looks of the big ones!)

on a serious note, the smaller more narrow ones are more functional for our vehicles, i know that.. but like i said.. im more for the apperiance then just functionality..

im sure u can make it fit.. bit it might sit a little weird.... u will have to just try it and see how it goes..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Apr 1, 2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

with the correct couplers, you should be able to use w/e core you like. Just make your life easier and get a short core the correct length for the piping and leave the crash bar. Like i have said before, a 16g at 1/2 the boost of an evo wont be making any real temps.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:08 PM

yeah im def not removing the crash bar its just not worth it. not cause i think ill crash but because anything can happen... like animals on the road or something.

with upgrading the injectors and fuel pump will boosting at 8-9 psi be ok or is there anything else i should upgrade as well.

is just regular exausht pipe the same piping used for intercoolers or will it work?
i got a friend that works at meinike and he would prob just bend me up some piping for free and it would all be perfect fit.

Last edited by asimpson719; Apr 2, 2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

fuel wise you should be good with just a fuel pump and injectors.

ic piping and exhaust piping arent really the same, but your standard piping (im sure he uses like gavonized 14 or 16 gauge pipe) if its rawr pipe and he cuts and bends it for you, then yes that will work just fine, but.. you would need to add a beed to the end of each pipe where u use couplers so it has something to hold onto. so yes it should work just fine..

i used aluminum pipe from a intercooling pipe kit it is really light weight compared to your standard exhaust piping. aluminum piping is normally ideal because of the weight difference, plus it also disperses heat faster, but ive seen just about everything used for ic piping, use what you can get.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Apr 2, 2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:59 PM

alright cool thanks for replys.
so pretty much this 50 post thing is little more tough than i thought lol.
lets see need to think of more questions i know i got em im just to tired. just got off my second job ><

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
fuel wise you should be good with just a fuel pump and injectors.

ic piping and exhaust piping arent really the same, but your standard piping (im sure he uses like gavonized 14 or 16 gauge pipe) if its rawr pipe and he cuts and bends it for you, then yes that will work just fine, but.. you would need to add a beed to the end of each pipe where u use couplers so it has something to hold onto. so yes it should work just fine..

i used aluminum pipe from a intercooling pipe kit it is really light weight compared to your standard exhaust piping. aluminum piping is normally ideal because of the weight difference, plus it also disperses heat faster, but ive seen just about everything used for ic piping, use what you can get.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

you can always just pm me.. i respond rather quickly.. im on evom almost all day.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:40 AM

if anyone else can think of anything that needs to be upgraded to safely boost 8-9psi please let me know.

thanks
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

this isnt part of the kit, but you should consider upgrading your clutch pretty soon afterwards if not before you dont wanna be driving and then have no clutch you know
Old Apr 3, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Deff. I had the RRM kit, came with a ACT pressure plate and exedy disc. Deff a good setup, be advised it was stiff and took some getting use to. But i like the stiff pedel

Quick Reply: boost question on 05 lancer es