Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Type of Turbo and there app.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thats my plan i want to be happy with my build, and from like its been said 16G has good potential, I want to get forged internals, and cam even tho its a auto i want to push it to the limit, because there are no auto lancers around here for one and also turbo .
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

I'm selling a partial kit if you're interested.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
didnt read your whole paragraph.. i got bored after the first sentence..

t28 = small. and great for spooling boost at very low rpms.(16g would be in this catagory)
t3 (including t3/t4 hybrids) = medium frame.. (about as big as u can realistically use on our cars, drastically slower spool times, wont hit max boost till 4-5k rpms)
t4 = large frame.. to big for us on the street.. (possibly drag only.. but spool time would be in the upper 1k rpms..)

start small, and build over time..
wtf! spool time in the upper 1k rpms?!!! what do you mean/that would be the fastest spooling turbo ever! and you refer to that as being the laggiest.lol
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by OZ Rally
I'm selling a partial kit if you're interested.
Thanks but im still waiting and saving, my plan after fully understanding or at least enough this Sept build my turbo kit up. But thanks man.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Silent08
Well thats my plan i want to be happy with my build, and from like its been said 16G has good potential, I want to get forged internals, and cam even tho its a auto i want to push it to the limit, because there are no auto lancers around here for one and also turbo .
There are auto turbo Lancers here. Torque converters have been maxed out in the mid 200's causing the need for a manual trans swap. If you're gonna be running a built engine I would highly recommend a manual trans swap so you have the means to put the power to the ground.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 09:41 AM

From what i hear swapping a manual in is a pain, i talked to a guy about it cuz i was thinking about that before, i hate autos, but i had no choose and from what he told me it would be a pain, so what i did for now was get a new motor and put that sucker in.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
WRX injectors are good for about 230whp
440cc injectors will make over 300whp, more with a 4bar base fp

you might as well max out the 16G6 at 20-21psi and top 300whp.
300whp

Evos can make over 400awhp on the 8 turbo, over 500awhp on the 9, 300fwhp isnt anything for a 16g. The 16g is just waking up in the high teens.

Originally Posted by scumrat
wtf! spool time in the upper 1k rpms?!!! what do you mean/that would be the fastest spooling turbo ever! and you refer to that as being the laggiest.lol
think he ment 1k of usuable power. But saying T4 means nothing since its a flange, not a turbo
Old Jun 11, 2009, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cincy
440cc injectors will make over 300whp, more with a 4bar base fp

300whp

Evos can make over 400awhp on the 8 turbo, over 500awhp on the 9, 300fwhp isnt anything for a 16g. The 16g is just waking up in the high teens.

think he ment 1k of usuable power. But saying T4 means nothing since its a flange, not a turbo
My bad. I mistyped 330whp in my previous post. And when I said that the 16G would top 300whp, that was with forged internals and go. People are making 200-235whp on 16G6 turbos at 7-10psi. Another 10psi would be good for another 100hp or so.

I don't see 400whp being possible without some serious headwork. And even with that the redline isn't gonna safely increase too much more with the Lancer's crazy high piston speed from it's long stroke. Probably around 7200rpm would probably be the highest and safest, IMO.

Last edited by senate6268; Jun 20, 2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

A turbo is rated to a certian flow, not psi. With a lower flowing head, that flow has to be made up with psi. So, more power can be made, but it requires more psi which will also require higher octane. Building a motor that can withstand a good amount of cyl pressure and bolts/studs that keep the head from lifting will allow people to push higher numbers. Also if people start moving to better turbos, the rpm range doesnt have to go past 7-7500 to make respectable numbers. A gt28rs will make 300-350whp with full boost in the low 3k range and hold power till redline, and a 2871r will add roughly another 25whp on the same setup with minimum increase in lag. Just people dont want to spend over $1k for a turbo here but rather rely on old tech for cheap
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:59 PM

someone here mentioned that 10+psi on stock internals is possible. just wanted to know if thats true or just a typo? i thought that lancers can only withstand 9psi on stock internals..

as for the poster's question, i would stick to a t28 or a 16g. i have a non i/c t28 kit from road race and some other mods here and there, i love it! im also planning on getting my EBC installed to see if i could set it to hold the boost longer on higher rpms.. i haven't dynoed it yet but i you want an idea of 1/4mile times, i run high 14's on a high elevated track here in vegas. people say that i would be in the mid 14's or so on sea level tracks.. im not tuned and only running 7psi, hope it helps!
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LVLANCER
someone here mentioned that 10+psi on stock internals is possible. just wanted to know if thats true or just a typo? i thought that lancers can only withstand 9psi on stock internals..
For the millionth time, the Lancer engine doesn't have a set amount of boost it can handle on stock internals. It's all about the amount of torque that turbo will produce at a certain boost level. Lancers have blown engines in the past running 6-7psi and some have blown engines on 14psi+. The internals can withstand around 230-250whp with a very GOOD tune. Knock and detonation will ruin a 4G94 quick, even at low, low boost.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LVLANCER

as for the poster's question, i would stick to a t28 or a 16g. i have a non i/c t28 kit from road race and some other mods here and there, i love it! im also planning on getting my EBC installed to see if i could set it to hold the boost longer on higher rpms.. i haven't dynoed it yet but i you want an idea of 1/4mile times, i run high 14's on a high elevated track here in vegas. people say that i would be in the mid 14's or so on sea level tracks.. im not tuned and only running 7psi, hope it helps!
not going to gain much, the turbine wheel is small and you cant force it to hold much more without straining the turbo.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:36 PM

For the millionth time, the Lancer engine doesn't have a set amount of boost it can handle on stock internals. It's all about the amount of torque that turbo will produce at a certain boost level. Lancers have blown engines in the past running 6-7psi and some have blown engines on 14psi+. The internals can withstand around 230-250whp with a very GOOD tune. Knock and detonation will ruin a 4G94 quick, even at low, low boost.
dont you think your "millionth time" comment is kinda way overboard? i recall you answering that question just one time for me. everyone have always said that it wasnt ideal/safe to run it over 9psi without upgrading internals coz our pistons are very crappy, so when i saw the 10psi+ post, i got curious and needed confirmation. thanks anyways for clarifying.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

He means in general. It is all over this forum and with a simple search can be found. Probably listed 3 times on the first page of threads. Also, its a guideline, not something set in stone. A larger turbo at the same whp is easier on the car than on a smaller turbo
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Ok i can tell you from experience that a lancer has potential for a high amount of power with a 16G turbo. but to acheive a specific amount of power out of the lancer it has to have a heavily moded engine. i KNow on my lancer i have forged rods and pistons i mean the whole nine yards at 19lbs of boost i made 339whp. as of right now i am waintg for my new camshaft and adjustable cam gear and than ill have nate from tpg tuning tune it on my aem ems and we should get 350-380 with 19-22lbs of boost. so their is potential you just have to figure out what you want to acheive with your lancer.

Last edited by Boostedlancer$; Jul 18, 2009 at 10:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Type of Turbo and there app.