Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

What should I do to my Lancer?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
dude I telll you the truth it seems to me you just want looks and sound? I mean look at it like this that 350 can go to your new car don't waste it on you lancer if you don't want ot to go fast. Like for me I would like a fast car and I bought my lancer kinda in mistake I really wanted a mustang but after finding this site I realized what potential my car actaully has!!! Ok so bottom line should be but who am I to say, if your getting a new car don't spend the money, if you are going to keep the lancer then save up and buy a turbo kit whole or piece by piece like what I'm doing.

Our cars have what it takes it just depends how you mod the car.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
^+1

Amby speaks the truth. With the lancers its always go big or go home cause the engines don't respond well to NA mods
Old Jan 11, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
You have to turbo the car to get any significant gains. Even then, you won't be breaking or nearing 300 HP or anything like that without a decent amount of money. You can easily make the car a quicker DD though.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
listen to amby. he knows what hes saying.
if you want a better sound, get an ebay intake, 4g93 stage 2.5 im ($200), and an ebay catback. thats like less that $500.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:21 PM

I would much rather "go home" I will keep this lancer but keep on saving for one of my five choices of either a GTI mk6,Speed3,Genesis Coupe, Ralliart, or WRX. All great cars but along the way of a little bit of money shows up I'll mostly likely just add an intake.

But as for getting a better head would it improve things? What kind of head could I put on my block?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Sure it would improve things but you'd be spending a relatively large amount of money to marginally increase the effectiveness of the few NA bolt-ons available for the Lancer. RRM has a ported and polished head for sale, it's 2000$ last I checked. Alternatively you can do it yourself but there's no guarantee you'll port it right and actually gain power. You could convert to a DOHC MIVEC head but it's not cheap. As I said, if you want an intake and exhaust to make the car sound more aggressive, go for it, but the power gains will be negligible, you'll see a greater difference in performance by driving when it's cold out.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by steven121
dude I telll you the truth it seems to me you just want looks and sound? I mean look at it like this that 350 can go to your new car don't waste it on you lancer if you don't want ot to go fast. Like for me I would like a fast car and I bought my lancer kinda in mistake I really wanted a mustang but after finding this site I realized what potential my car actaully has!!! Ok so bottom line should be but who am I to say, if your getting a new car don't spend the money, if you are going to keep the lancer then save up and buy a turbo kit whole or piece by piece like what I'm doing.

Our cars have what it takes it just depends how you mod the car.
Just because I have alotted a budget of $350 for ONE item doesn't mean I do not have money. I have money for pretty much a brand new turbo from RRM and a header,catback, intake and will still have lots more left over. I just don't want to waste it all on this car. Simple as that, why waste my money. I just wanted to see which was better. Intake<>Catback<> or something else
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Sure it would improve things but you'd be spending a relatively large amount of money to marginally increase the effectiveness of the few NA bolt-ons available for the Lancer. RRM has a ported and polished head for sale, it's 2000$ last I checked. Alternatively you can do it yourself but there's no guarantee you'll port it right and actually gain power. You could convert to a DOHC MIVEC head but it's not cheap. As I said, if you want an intake and exhaust to make the car sound more aggressive, go for it, but the power gains will be negligible, you'll see a greater difference in performance by driving when it's cold out.
Ok Thank You very much for your help.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:19 PM

so ClixT, if I pretty much buy an ebay intake for around $30-ish dollars it will pretty much be the same as a regular brand intake? I have $8 to waste in ebay bucks so I might as well by something.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:40 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bgioan
so ClixT, if I pretty much buy an ebay intake for around $30-ish dollars it will pretty much be the same as a regular brand intake? I have $8 to waste in ebay bucks so I might as well by something.
yes because all that it is, is a piece of pipe, a filter, some silicone couplers, some clamps, and an adapter for the maf to the filter.

whether it be an injen or aem or k&n that is what they are.

josh
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

yup. at least slap a better filter though. =)
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:00 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ClixT
yup. at least slap a better filter though. =)
this is true. but if you really want that filter, id still buy the ebay intake and then buy that filter you want.

josh
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

poor amby having to introduce NEW 4g94 owners to the world of suckness lol
mangg the lancer is THE CAR built to go from point A to point B in the lessssss expensive way
gotta love that about your car, i love it lol love how the car drives too, its a really tight car concerning the platform it has. and WOOHOO OZ EDITION has the evo interior and an extra sway bar in the back. and that lip kit too :O amazing ehh! ...sarcasm maybe lol
its quite the fun dd tho
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by JRR
this is true. but if you really want that filter, id still buy the ebay intake and then buy that filter you want.

josh
^^^ I guess im pretty "new" Got my license today after the DMV messed up yesterday.

So one last time because I will most likely buy a $30-$40 intake and later on buy a brand name filter. Do I need the AF filter? Some intakes come with it others do not.

Like I am looking at this intake
I would just buy it and place a let's say K&N filter atop in place of the one it came in?

I am jsut scared at how the metal piping looks very weak structurally.

Last edited by bgioan; Jan 12, 2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cedes14bamg
poor amby having to introduce NEW 4g94 owners to the world of suckness lol
mangg the lancer is THE CAR built to go from point A to point B in the lessssss expensive way
gotta love that about your car, i love it lol love how the car drives too, its a really tight car concerning the platform it has. and WOOHOO OZ EDITION has the evo interior and an extra sway bar in the back. and that lip kit too :O amazing ehh! ...sarcasm maybe lol
its quite the fun dd tho
hey come on now.. its not suckiness.. its called cheaponess or built it right and spend an arm and a leg to make crappy power.

Quick Reply: What should I do to my Lancer?