Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Here it is. Another 02 lancer oz turbo project.. Evo 3 gt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2010, 05:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here it is. Another 02 lancer oz turbo project.. Evo 3 gt

So here it is.. My name is viktor.. I finnaly got a chance to save up some money and hop on the lancer again.. It was sitting in the garage for about 2 years now, since i had another project, but since i sold my talon project, gotta get back up on a lancer...

So what i got so far is..
ACT EXTREME PRESSURE PLATE WITH A 6 PUCK SPRUNG CLUTCH
urethane filled motor mounts
chrome oil catch can
ARP HEAD STUDS
OEM HEAD GASKET
k sport coilovers
rrm Manifold
evo iii gt turbo
some info here on my turbo http://www.bblgroup.us/automotive/product/evo3gt/ (if anyone is using one of these.. Let me know how its coming along)
i got the turbo with the flapper welded for internal wg..
tail external waistgate
full srs catback 2.5 inch
big front mount intercooler
evo 8 ecu
255lph fuel pump
440cc WRX injectors
aeromotive fpr (NEED) (will i need it, i've always use one on my talon)
glowshift: Boost, egt, wideband gauges
oil sandwich adapter
greddy type s bov (NEED)
2 10" slim radiator fans
WATER LINES(NEED)
got -10 an weld on bung and a 90 degree fitting to hose for the oil drain
got two -6 an fittings, for water lines, gonna tap some wholes around thermostat, make it look fancy. lol all fittings are summit.

need to find some braded hose, probably they're around locally

Car sitting in the garage as of now, with the oil pan dropped, radiator pulled out.. Hopefully monday i'll be up there to work on it..

Check out some pix in my profile.. And let me know what u think

i'll need alot of help from u guys.. And since everyone id doing a build forum, decided to go that route too..

More things to be posted soon
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=37923860

this is how it was befor... i got a fiberglass hood scoop on the hood now

the Sr-S

tail 38mm waistgate

my chrome valve cover

bolted up... first try.. had to take of to shine it upp

[IMG]

you guys gotta let me know what u think... maybe it will keep me motivated

Last edited by vityenyka05; Apr 10, 2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
this should be interesting I haven't seen any thread so far about using a evo 3 turbo, hurry and get that thing built so we can see this. Im suprise that everyone wants to turbo thier lancers now.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
chrome valve cover is unique.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by steven121
this should be interesting I haven't seen any thread so far about using a evo 3 turbo, hurry and get that thing built so we can see this. Im suprise that everyone wants to turbo thier lancers now.
its actually a 16g but more flow i guess.. from what i've read up..

yeah i'm trying here bro.. i got the majority of the pars.. need some fittings n stuff like that.. other than that i'm set
Old Aug 8, 2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
chrome valve cover is unique.
thank you sir.. i should buy a bunch of them, and just chrome them up at work.. than sell em.. looks really good under the hood (catches ur eye i should say)
Old Aug 8, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like you're at least doing it with the right parts, good luck! I want to see the finished product
Old Aug 8, 2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by keeler
looks like you're at least doing it with the right parts, good luck! I want to see the finished product
thank you.. Hopefully it will be done soon with some help here
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:40 AM
JRR
Evolved Member

that looks like an ///rrm mani right? if so just brace it good because it will crack otherwise. happend to me on mine.

im using an evo 3 big 16g on mine and it pulls hard and i like it. i think you will too...

josh
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by jrr
that looks like an ///rrm mani right? If so just brace it good because it will crack otherwise. Happend to me on mine.

Im using an evo 3 big 16g on mine and it pulls hard and i like it. I think you will too...

Josh
it does look like the rrm mani, but i dont think it is. Because where the external waistgate pipe is welded its diffrent on yours.. This one i have is build out of some thick stuff.. I didnt belive it wen i got it.. Cant wait.. R u still running 15 psi on ur setup with stock internals.. If u r, i'm very impressed..

Tunning is they key i guess.. I'm getting close
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:51 AM

WHAT DID EVERYONE DO WITH THE OIL PANS.. I LOOKED AROUND AND WOULDNT FIND THE RIGHT ANSWER.. MY PLAN IS DRILL A HOLE, THAN WELD ON A BUNG FROM SUMMITT.. LIKE A 10 AN.. SOMETHING LIKE THIS http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

ANYONE WENT THIS ROUTE?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 02:30 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vityenyka05
it does look like the rrm mani, but i dont think it is. Because where the external waistgate pipe is welded its diffrent on yours.. This one i have is build out of some thick stuff.. I didnt belive it wen i got it.. Cant wait.. R u still running 15 psi on ur setup with stock internals.. If u r, i'm very impressed..

Tunning is they key i guess.. I'm getting close
rrm changed their design from running the ewg off of #4 (smart) to off of #2(not sure why). ewg ports work best off of #1 or #4 ports as i have come to learn from designeing my own manifold in my 3d modeling software i went to school for.

yes i still am running 15psi on all my stocks but i dont do it all the time. with my greddy bc i basically leave it at low boost.

as for your comments on my pictures in my garage...

i ran the water lines off of the tb and back. dont "T" into anything just run the lines. its easier and no problems down the line.

the split second box was to tune for the 5th injector. it was limiting what i could do so i swapped in some wrx 440's and tuned my stock ecu tot that. then i got the evo ecu and im running a slightly modified evo base rom.

josh
Old Aug 8, 2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by JRR
rrm changed their design from running the ewg off of #4 (smart) to off of #2(not sure why). ewg ports work best off of #1 or #4 ports as i have come to learn from designeing my own manifold in my 3d modeling software i went to school for.

yes i still am running 15psi on all my stocks but i dont do it all the time. with my greddy bc i basically leave it at low boost.

as for your comments on my pictures in my garage...

i ran the water lines off of the tb and back. dont "T" into anything just run the lines. its easier and no problems down the line.

the split second box was to tune for the 5th injector. it was limiting what i could do so i swapped in some wrx 440's and tuned my stock ecu tot that. then i got the evo ecu and im running a slightly modified evo base rom.

josh

so i guess i got the old setup.. ur saying your manifold is a little better?

u said slightly modified.. lol haha extremely modified for 15 psi..

what do i do about going with the dsm 450cc peak and hold injectors.. i'm using a honda resistor pack.. vi know they're a little longer than the wrx 440.. i seen ppl add an extra washer to the fuel rail and good to go.. but tunnig wise idk..

i cant wait till this thing is done.. i wanna see whats its got with the solid motor mounts, and the extreme act 6 puck sprung clutch.. \\\\

whats the psi u running on it daily??
Old Aug 8, 2010, 03:43 PM

and where is the best spot to tap our pan.. i've read up that there is a certain spot.. cuz elsewhere u'll have shortage on oil
Old Aug 8, 2010, 03:44 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

so i guess i got the old setup.. ur saying your manifold is a little better?

u said slightly modified.. lol haha extremely modified for 15 psi..

what do i do about going with the dsm 450cc peak and hold injectors.. i'm using a honda resistor pack.. vi know they're a little longer than the wrx 440.. i seen ppl add an extra washer to the fuel rail and good to go.. but tunnig wise idk..

i cant wait till this thing is done.. i wanna see whats its got with the solid motor mounts, and the extreme act 6 puck sprung clutch.. \\\\

whats the psi u running on it daily??

no i have their old setup. i think their new mani's r like yours. idk im in the process of having a custom one done since personally the rrm manii sucks and when it cracks they balme you not their design....but hey it is what it is.

as for slightly modified.... no not really. what i meant to say is that im using a base evo rom that has been slightly modified to accommodate the 440's and some idle issues i had. everything else is if you were to buy an evo and thats the base map that mitsu gave it from the factory.

daily i have the bc set to 7psi with warning at like 5.5 psi and peak to like 9 or so. man i love the profec b spec 2 since i can set all that for low and high to whatever i want like that.

josh
Old Aug 8, 2010, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
WHAT DID EVERYONE DO WITH THE OIL PANS.. I LOOKED AROUND AND WOULDNT FIND THE RIGHT ANSWER.. MY PLAN IS DRILL A HOLE, THAN WELD ON A BUNG FROM SUMMITT.. LIKE A 10 AN.. SOMETHING LIKE THIS http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

ANYONE WENT THIS ROUTE?
Yes that will Work. (not what i used) but similiar.. i used a 1/2 barb aluminum fitting that was welded..

Quick Reply: Here it is. Another 02 lancer oz turbo project.. Evo 3 gt