Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

lets talk rrm

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I'd just like to say thanks for all this input on RRM from the dark side of the moon. I've been a long-time lurker of this forum, and I agree, it does appear that RRM has been thrown around a lot. I was going to be getting RRM headers soon. I will now re-think that purchase.

Thanks everyone for your input! Stay Classy!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 05:39 AM

I have the RRM headers and have had no problems with them at all. I'm not a fanboi of RRM nor am I a hater. I go by what my experiences are and I can say that I have the RRM Trans cooler, RRM Intake, and RRM Header. I have had 0 problem with any of their items. Everything came shipped quickly and as promised. Do they have items I am not fond of? Absolutely... I have the RPW pulley because I think it's a much better quality. But there is also a huge hassle with RPW... They are in Australia, their customer service is/was horrible. No response to emails. RRM has done right by me with everything thus far. Any questions were answered promptly and with reliable answers. Granted, I will probably be trading out the intake eventually for a different company, but only because other products have come out since my installation that I like better. And my build is also alot more extreme than most.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
The issue isn't whether they make "nice" parts or not, the main problem people have with RRM is that they don't back up all their talk with hard numbers. When they first made an intake for the 02-06 Lancer, they claimed it dropped a full second from the 0-60 time. They never backed this claim up nor does it make any sense given the fact that said intake was just a MAF adapter, K&N filter and a fancy CF heat shield. Did I buy one? You bet I did. They do this time and time again, make some ridiculous claim about having the fastest car, best product, whatever, and then do nothing to substantiate it. This works fine when you're the only game in town but is nonetheless a crappy business practice. It would never fly with with a car that has more aftermarket support.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

I was just thinking, you could probably sue RRM for tons of money for false advertising. A full second off the 1/4 mile time for an intake for the 08+ lancer? yeah right....
Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Unlikely since they could always claim that when they tested the intake, it dropped a second off their time. I don't think there are particularly tight regulations regarding advertising and automotive parts, as opposed to say drugs or medical devices.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

but its still them "saying" it dropped a second off their car, with no hard evidence. easily done in court with a good lawyer
Old Apr 5, 2011, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Not worth it, what's the benefit to the end user? Has their claim harmed you? At best they'd be told to stop making that claim and you may get your money back. Meanwhile you'd have spent hundreds if not thousands on legal fees. A waste of time.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

haha i know, it probably wouldnt be worth it, but still possible.