Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM Turbo Kit w/ Stock BOV

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2003, 07:09 PM
RAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM Turbo Kit w/ Stock BOV

Whats up guys,
I just got my RRM turbo kit installed on my Lancer and when I took it for a spin after all my checkups, i couldn't hear the BOV. I know it isn't supposed to be loud like the greddy but I just can't really hear it. I can definitely hear he wastegate, just not the BOV. Is this normal? Also, the wastgate is really loud once the boost goes to its max level and I am assuming it's the dump pipe. Am I correct? Thanks for any info!
Old Dec 16, 2003, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

im not familiar enough with the rrm turbo system to say for sure, but is it possible they sent you a recirculating bov?
Old Dec 16, 2003, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

you should be able to hear it. how long ago was your kit installed you dont want to be boosting your car. still drive it normal for break in. it should sound like a turkey lol thats what my friends all say like a gobble. if you dont like the wastegate get it tied into the downpipe like boe and i did that will quiet down the noise but it scares other people when you pull up to them haha also check the hoses and piping ensure that all clamps are tied down tightly and not too tight cuz they have a tendency to snap congrats on turbo man
Old Dec 16, 2003, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

i can hear my stock BOV, especially when i lift off the throttle, I have my wastegate tied into my downpipe else I couldnt hear it over that sound
Old Dec 16, 2003, 10:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not sure what you expect but figure with it recyling it is going to be quieter than dumping to atmosphere. Call us if you are really concerned.

ROAD/RACE

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Dec 17, 2003, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

i have stock bov also. ive never heard it but its not meant to be loud so i dont think anything is wrong. and on the wastegate since its dumping to the atmosphere its going to be very loud its basicly like an exhaust leak since it is venting your exhaust through a hole with no muffler not going through a muffler, but it turns lots of heads. i wouldnt worry your car sounds normal to me
Old Dec 17, 2003, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

If you wanna hear it more, get your wastegate routed back into your exhaust like Boe and Guru do. You will definitely hear it more then. I can hear mine when I shift early, like driving on base and stuff. I am gonna upgrade to the GReddy when I get back from TDY in June, I just love the way the GReddy sounds.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

you should hear a LIGHT "woosh" when you let off throttle, i hear it a lot better when im on the highway and i go light throttle and boost up to about .4 and the let off i can hear it ncie, i jsut got my wastegate welded on ot the uppipe, that thing sounds mean, scared my friend in his stang GT
Old Jan 1, 2004, 06:43 PM

Re: RRM Turbo Kit w/ Stock BOV

i have a Proline2000 BOV and you can hear it down the street.
i had to adjust it first though.

Originally posted by RAK
Whats up guys,
I just got my RRM turbo kit installed on my Lancer and when I took it for a spin after all my checkups, i couldn't hear the BOV. I know it isn't supposed to be loud like the greddy but I just can't really hear it. I can definitely hear he wastegate, just not the BOV. Is this normal? Also, the wastgate is really loud once the boost goes to its max level and I am assuming it's the dump pipe. Am I correct? Thanks for any info!