Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

2015 lancer turbo, oil feed?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 lancer turbo, oil feed?

Hello, I'm just about to put a RA turbo kit on my lancer. My only question is other than a oil filter sandwich plate, How do I get a more reliable oil feed?
Thanks~
Mike
Old Jan 5, 2019, 02:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
There's an oil feed here. It's I think an M14 bolt, but the closest size NPT fitting will work without leaks. I have an oil pressure sensor there too and noticed that when idle the pressure can drop down to about 10psi, but other than that stays in the 50s. Edit: It's a 3/8 NPT, but the tapering makes it so you can only fit a few threads in with most hardware store adapters. Edit again because I don't want bad info in people's searches. It's a 3/8" BSPT. BSPT is a little smaller diameter than NPT but has the same thread size. That fitting will have no leaks and keep pressure.

Last edited by SalD; Jan 30, 2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 07:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SalD
There's an oil feed here. It's I think an M14 bolt, but the closest size NPT fitting will work without leaks. I have an oil pressure sensor there too and noticed that when idle the pressure can drop down to about 10psi, but other than that stays in the 50s. Edit: It's a 3/8 NPT, but the tapering makes it so you can only fit a few threads in with most hardware store adapters. Edit again because I don't want bad info in people's searches. It's a 3/8" BSPT. BSPT is a little smaller diameter than NPT but has the same thread size. That fitting will have no leaks and keep pressure.

where this line is installed is wrong, you must connect it down on the pressure sensor next to the oil filter there are losing pressure
Old Feb 18, 2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by MrVinsoN
Hello, I'm just about to put a RA turbo kit on my lancer. My only question is other than a oil filter sandwich plate, How do I get a more reliable oil feed?
Thanks~
Mike

you can install the oil line where this oil pressure sensor does not need the sandwich that would be the second option that would have

Last edited by michael2014; Feb 19, 2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by michael2014
where this line is installed is wrong, you must connect it down on the pressure sensor next to the oil filter there are losing pressure
The pressure sensor in my picture is reading 55psi. How is it installed wrong? If there is a better place can you provide a picture? I don't doubt that next to the stock pressure sensor is better, but I haven't found an unused feed to open.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 04:05 PM

The pressure sensor in my picture is reading 55psi. How is it installed wrong? If there is a better place can you provide a picture? I don't doubt that next to the stock pressure sensor is better, but I haven't found an unused feed to open.
always keep in mind that turbo must have a good oil supply and always the most idal is at the outlet of the oil pump to maintain the pressure. good luck

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...e-senders.html

Last edited by michael2014; Feb 19, 2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 05:28 PM

That post does not really apply because it's not for the 4B11. I showed a source of filtered oil that maintains pressure, so I don't get why you're saying it's wrong other than maybe saving a foot of feed line.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 06:40 AM

That post does not really apply because it's not for the 4B11. I showed a source of filtered oil that maintains pressure, so I don't get why you're saying it's wrong other than maybe saving a foot of feed line.
The only problem that you are going to have is when the turbo is damaged but if you say that it is perfect for you, just remember this oil pressure, but you should never lower it when the car is in idle. good luck