Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

2016 Lancer GT cold air intake??

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Lancer GT cold air intake??

Does anyone have suggestions on a cold Air intake, everything available lists as for a manual transmission only! I have the automatic CVT. I found an AEM system that may work however looking for options
Old May 5, 2018, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most cold air intakes are manual trans only because they are mounted behind the drivers fog light where the cvt cooler is located. A manual doesn't have a cooler. So if you're looking to do some sort of induction mod then you would need to go with a short ram intake. They're mounted pretty much where the stock air box is so there is no way it will obstruct airflow to the cvt cooler.
Old May 6, 2018, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the reply👍 not much information out there for the 2016 gt lancers and If there is it is all for manual transmission...so with a short ram intake, can I use any l choose specific to my engine regardless if it lists manual or automatic? I like the k&N Typhoon and it doesn't look like it would just replace the factory air box.
Old May 7, 2018, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if the sri says its for your model year and engine then it should fit regardless of transmission. For some reason k&n is saying manual only but a read an amazon review that say they installed it on a 2017 2.4L cvt and it fit fine. Not a 2016 but i don't think much has changed since mitsu updated the intake system back in 2015.

v see link v

Amazon Amazon
Old May 7, 2018, 03:37 PM

I agree I don't see why it wouldn't fit as I am just replacing the stock system and not restricting the CVT In any way. I was looking at the same K&N system...I will likely order it and give it a try. If I run In to a snag I can always return it I guess!
thanks again for the input!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tpack
I agree I don't see why it wouldn't fit as I am just replacing the stock system and not restricting the CVT In any way. I was looking at the same K&N system...I will likely order it and give it a try. If I run In to a snag I can always return it I guess!
thanks again for the input!
Did you intalled the SRI on the CVT trans, Im also looking for an SRI but all of them say manual trans.