Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How much have you spent?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I compete bro, that's why I spent that much, I am very competitive person, I know, the check I wrote out for my electronics was more then I wrote out for my Lancer itself, but I need to have fun :P and enjoy myself, you only live once, ya know? But it's all good, you are the main person that got me very pissed off to tell you the truth, people doubting what I do bothers me like nothing else :P I am sorry for seeming like a dick when I posted the pics, but just thank wu501 for that LOL, Sorry again guys, I cooled down a bit now!! Enjoy pics, and ask if you want more!
Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

"I want more"

(you said to ask)

I'm drooling all over my keyboard...

My lancer's gonna be part of your official "all show no go" club A lancer can be goodlooking, slow, and still not rice!

I love your setup!

Etienne
Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

thanks a lot man, I really appreciate your compliment(s), enjoy the setup, I am taking more pics tonight when it's dark out so people can see how the neons hit on the fiber, looks pretty damn nice if you asked me. If the mods don't mind I'll post them here, if they do mind, I'll PM or email them to whoever requests. Thanks again, and enjoy!
Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

start up a new thread about your system man. oh, and when i get my car back, we GOTTA meet up with some other jersey guys. not necessarily a meet but go out for a bite and some drinks or something. i NEED to see that stereo!!
Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

True true true, bro, yah, get a few drinks and **** sounds good, just chill out and whatnot, we should get that together, I am def game.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

since i haven't really contributed to this post as it was meant to be:

pheonix gold 180x2 amp, $124
mb quart dsd216 components, $99 (sick sale)
probably getting jvc kd-sh707 mp3 receiver, $205
got a 10" mtx sub for free from a friend
so far i've spent $223, plus the $200 for the headunit coming soon. then wires and ****, gonna install myself.

don't really have the money for a setup like zapco's.....but for now until i can afford some more stuff i'm gonna power the sub and the components from the same amp using a trimode, cheapest way to go. wont' sound incredible, but it should sound pretty darn good. i've heard a couple trimodes and they can thump with the rest of em.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Trimodes are cool bro, looks like its going to be nice, and of course, sound nice too.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

zapco your setup is awesome, no matter what you spent. There is no doubting the outcome. Post more pics. I can't spend that much on a a/v setup, so I'll just drool over yours.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ZapcoLancer
Trimodes are cool bro, looks like its going to be nice, and of course, sound nice too.
obviously if you put anything inline with the signal, it adds some amount of distortion. but it should actually help a little, since the components will not get anything below 100hz so the woofer won't have to push out those frequencies. when i get some more loot, i'll add another amp in there to power the sub seperately. but for now money goes to getting car fixed, and saving up for future car payments. plus i gotta have a little left over for when ralliart debuts in north america
Old Feb 28, 2003, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ZapcoLancer
you only live once, ya know?

This is definately how i feel bout my car now..especially with extra money to burn. I'm not posting ANY pics till summer because thats when my car will be done. i have a assload of parts that im waiting to install but I dont want to yet cuz its just too damn cold in NY.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by trance
$0...pure stock so far...but $1,000's if you include cd's
Um hum, you can add me onto that list, not counting the NUMEROUS downloads that i never pay for. As far as a system, got one quoted 2 days ago at $3,094 for 2 10's (Kickers), one Kicker 5 channel amp, 6.5 inch In-dash DVD player (eclipse), box and installation. Is it a rip off, i dont know much about audio, now RIMS and TIRES I KNOW! hehe
Old Feb 28, 2003, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

Good price IMO, if it's the model dvd player i am thinking about, market value is $2,000.00. Plus everything else, I guess it's a fair deal....
Old Feb 28, 2003, 06:04 AM

cd's

who the hell buys cd's.....i saw a post in the earlier part of this thread. i think i have 40 bucks worth of cds....and they are all thanks to napster, minmx, and kazaa.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

heh my dad knows the vice pres of JL. so i kinda got a uhm.......hookup =)....pretty much got my system for uh...cheap as hell yea.

2 12" jl w7's
1000x1
2 300x2's
jl xr crossover components
kenwood head unit (freebieeeeeeeeeeee!)
200 amp alternator (450)
connectors, wires ($150)
svr deep cycle battery ($100)

AST ULTRA alarm w/ remote start - $140

my system would cost at least 4 grand if he didnt know the VP.