Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How much have you spent?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2003, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow zapco, my dad is probably the best installer at sound advice, and i have to say, that is one of the cleanest install i have ever seen. i give you mad props man im going to take pics of my car system today...if my friend doesnt work
Old Feb 28, 2003, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Re: cd's

Originally posted by ancer06
who the hell buys cd's.....i saw a post in the earlier part of this thread. i think i have 40 bucks worth of cds....and they are all thanks to napster, minmx, and kazaa.
You are probably far from an audiophile..

Sound from mp3s SUCK. I mean, it's terrible sounding. Many original cds quality sucks also.

If you never heard of a real good sound system (home system), then maybe you won't never notice that the quality is that poor on mp3s.

I bought a Linn Classik cd and at 2000$ without speakers it starts to get good, but I'm still drooling for McIntosh systems ($$$$). In a car, you just can't get really good sound, except when you get good kicks, and really, really good installer/advisor.

Original cds are worth every penny!

Etienne
Old Feb 28, 2003, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

I deffinately have to agree with Mr Space...I mean downloading is cool, but I like to listen to every song on the album,,,just not all the ones they play in the top 20....I know you can download cds....but its a pain in the ***....
Old Feb 28, 2003, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

hahaha...i'd hate to see you guys jump in the Delorean and go back to the 60's and 70's! I think i would kick my teeth in with vinyl and 8 tracks
Old Feb 28, 2003, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: cd's

Originally posted by MrSpace

You are probably far from an audiophile..

Sound from mp3s SUCK. I mean, it's terrible sounding. Many original cds quality sucks also.

If you never heard of a real good sound system (home system), then maybe you won't never notice that the quality is that poor on mp3s.

I bought a Linn Classik cd and at 2000$ without speakers it starts to get good, but I'm still drooling for McIntosh systems ($$$$). In a car, you just can't get really good sound, except when you get good kicks, and really, really good installer/advisor.

Original cds are worth every penny!

Etienne
I respect your opinion, however i consider myself an extreme audiophile and i listen to mp3s. that's all i'm gonna say on that.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

With me singing along to the music, hell I can't tell the difference. mp3's work just fine.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks bro.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 03:23 AM

eh

it depends on what you download. you can hear differances between a good sounding mp3 and a crappy one. believe me there are good sounding mp3s. plus if you are a fan of an artist, support the person by buying the cd. but if its some one hit wonder, i'll download it. if you like classic music, which i sure as hell don't listen too, i'm sure buying the real CD would be better quality. I get to save 20 bucks that's the way i see it.

you can laugh i don't care....what's an audiophile?
Old Mar 1, 2003, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Re: eh

Originally posted by ancer06
you can laugh i don't care....what's an audiophile?
similar to pedaphile, except instead of enjoying sex with little children, you enjoy sex with audio.

au·di·o·phile n.
A person having an ardent interest in stereo or high-fidelity sound reproduction.

you're right, there are crappy mp3s.....but as long as it is recorded correctly, at a high enough bitrate (i prefer at least 192kbps, can't really tell the difference above that) it will be comparable to cd quality to your ear. the human ear can't hear sound about 20khz, and some people can't hear above like 17khz, and most music doesn't go that high anyway, but cds are recorded with a nyquist frequency of 44khz, which gives an active anti-aliased region from 0hz to 22khz. mp3s simply cut out all the useless digital info that is in there and compresses the data to a smaller sampling rate that should be an indeterminable difference to the human ear. they use a bunch of different techniques similar to how your CD player's DAC, like a FFT or MAC. it's similar to video compression, where instead of a 60fps video it is resampled to say 30fps, which takes up half the space and your eye can't really tell a difference above something like 17fps. if the two images were side by side (or two mp3s) you MAY, MAY be able to tell the higher quality one, but the fact is by themselves you will not know the difference.

ok i'm done.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 05:07 AM

wakqqqq!!!! 17gs for that, man, come on, ripped off. i can see over priced electronics and an easy fiber glass job. just wait to you see what i got. ......coming april 20th 2003.......... all of you hold your breath, so when you die i can sell your lancers.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 11:37 AM

i agree that cd's are worth every penny, but i still prefer the original sounds of vinly. i'm a dj (hence the name), and i think that a vinyl has the true authentic sound.
(if there was only some way to install my tables in my lancer, and work them with out crashing my car )
Old Mar 3, 2003, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Slazzyslaz
wakqqqq!!!! 17gs for that, man, come on, ripped off. i can see over priced electronics and an easy fiber glass job. just wait to you see what i got. ......coming april 20th 2003.......... all of you hold your breath, so when you die i can sell your lancers.
Yahhhhhhhhhh!!! 17gs for that. Ripped off? The market value on that screen is 2,000 alone bro. And Also, the best stuff on the market is in my car, we aren't talking about little rockfords and polk, kenwood and pioneer amps here. It all adds up pretty quick, especially for a 2 month project. Easy fiberglass job? come see the fabrication up close, from the paint, to the molding near the XO's, no imperfections. and fyi, much more stuff was thrown in with that 17, my computer, brains, dvd changer, etc. You need to quit buggin' bro, I am sorry, but you just came off like a total ***** and kind of looked stupid doing so . Also sorry to anyone who uses the above mentioned audio parts, wasn't making fun of you, or saying that the equipment from those companies doesn't sound good, but anything can, just making a point :P. Be safe all!
Old Mar 4, 2003, 05:22 AM

Opinion Stands

You should respect other opinions and stop being insecure.

p.s. still u got ripped on the lcd.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Slazzyslaz
Opinion Stands

You should respect other opinions and stop being insecure.

p.s. still u got ripped on the lcd.
**** "respect others opinions". you ripped on my bro, then you want respect? if you came off constructive instead of like a total jackass, then you can get respect. i'm tired of people dissing everyone else's ride then getting mad when those people try and defend themselves.

overpriced electronics? zapco, image dynamics, and eclipse overpriced? hahahhahahhaha expensive yes, but that's cause they are GOOD ****. IMO everything else like sony, alpine, pioneer, etc is overpriced cause it's all the same **** for too much money.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 09:30 PM

NETS SUCK too