Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

I don't have a power antena...do I?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have a power antena...do I?

I just installed my new alpine HU in my 03 Lancer and when i was hooking up the HU to my cars harness there was a wire labeled power antena coming out of the HU and a matching wire coming from my car. Anyone know what that is for? Also on a side note, it's amazing what our stock speakers can do!
Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Both wire harness sound like they are generic being that yes the wire is there for power antenna but of course Lancers don't have a power antenna. In the past I just never connect the wire from the HU up. I just cap it.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

well i think it does something because there is a wire actually going into my car somewhere. if noone on here knows and i get bored one day im going to be a pineer and follow it to see where it leads.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy427
well i think it does something because there is a wire actually going into my car somewhere. if noone on here knows and i get bored one day im going to be a pineer and follow it to see where it leads.
LOL. Pioneer huh. Reconnect your factory stereo and use a multimeter to test that wire. If it goes 12 volts when your radio goes on and remains until turned off, its probably an amp turn on or power antenna wire. If you slide a cd in the player and the wire goes to 0 volts, then its probably just a power antenna wire. Or google it and see what you come up with. Good luck on your expedition.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

It'll only be used in cars with...TA DA! a power antenna. But it is a power source to "kick-on" optional aftermarket equipment like amps and stuff. You don't need it and won't use it right now...
Old Jun 7, 2007, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy427
I just installed my new alpine HU in my 03 Lancer and when i was hooking up the HU to my cars harness there was a wire labeled power antena coming out of the HU and a matching wire coming from my car. Anyone know what that is for? Also on a side note, it's amazing what our stock speakers can do!
JUST RESPONDING TO THE P.S.

its not neccessarely the stock speakers as it is the amazing job that mitsubishi did at setting up a great sound stage...a great exapmle of how to take cheap speakers and make them sound full
Old Jun 10, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazy4ozs
JUST RESPONDING TO THE P.S.

its not neccessarely the stock speakers as it is the amazing job that mitsubishi did at setting up a great sound stage...a great exapmle of how to take cheap speakers and make them sound full
amen to that. also thanks for all the responses. im just not gonna worry about the wire then