Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

my system so far...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2002, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pisetup. The hardest parts of installing basic stereo equipment in a car are drilling a hole in the firewall if u need to and taking apart the dash to fit a new stereo in it. The lancer should already have a hole in its firewall for factory wires. And someone here should be able to tell u how to take apart the dash to fit a new stereo in. A new stereo and mounting kit comes with instruction that anyone with a brain can figure out. all new amplifiers come with instrucitons on hook up too. subs come with box specs that u can build to. If u wanted to u could build a box with a sharp knife, glue, and some wood. Installing stereos is nothing if u have a day to kill and feel like taking your time. All u need are the right tools/connectors and its easy. But if u feel like u dont want to mess with any of that then just get someone else to install it. Just remember that shops charge an arm and a leg per hour most of the time. the money that u save installing it yourself u can spend on more equipment.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 04:03 AM

my list below tells what i am running in my Lancer. The only thing it doesn't tell is that the subs are in a custom enclosure covered in a yellow carpet with the subs facing into the car so they are seen with the seats down. And right now I am have two more enclosures done for the sides of the trunk for two more subs and a new trunk floor board so i can put a matching wheel and tire in the trunk with speaker neon in the wheel that will lihgt with the bass.

i post picks when it's all done.
Old May 2, 2002, 12:42 AM

this is for all you guys who are installing systems in your cars. if you are running more than 500 watts get an optima battery, either a yellow top or a red top. fuse everything and don't go cheap with the glass type fuses get the ANL fuses or beaker fuses. no sense in going cheap and blowing out your alternator or battery. i already have my system in my basement that's going in my car. i got momo/polk audio components for the front, memphis studios for the back, a 300watt mtx amp for those, two thunder 8000's 12's, a thunder pro 750watt amp on the subs, and a pioneer head unit. for all this i will have a yellow top batteries, one in the front and one where the spare tire was pushing power is no joke, you don't want to stuck on the side of the road with a blown out alternator and a dead battery, just some info for the guys who want to run a serios system
Old May 2, 2002, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

18's have sloppy bass....but like hobie says "nothings impossible"
Old May 6, 2002, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

How do they make those really kool looking subwoofer boxes??
Old May 8, 2002, 09:32 PM

Im Running two Audio bahn 15" 1505 at 1400 watts each Two Audio Bahn 6 1/2 Mid bass drivers with a 800 watt amp powering both two audio bahn component systems to the front doors and back deck with a 600 watt 4 chan amp a pionner premeier P84 ceck with cd changer and xm radio. send pics as soon as i can.
Old May 9, 2002, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

well right now i am running he2 fosgates with 800.2 amp.. but i have a new plan and am getting hooked up and doing some custom work.. I will list what I am getting later when everything is officially bought i would say. and when it is done i will post pictures. it will be nice.. ^_^....
Old May 14, 2002, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

my system

Well I running 2 Fosgate He2's 12 inches a piece in it's own custom box. Also running the New Coustic amp..about 800 watts.. with built-in crossover nice little amp. Of course the Cap is there....

Bit of advice, it's better that you attach your amp to your box or anywhere else besides your back seats. Cause if you look and feel carefully the back of the rear seats, don't reall have much support, but a piece of plastic. It would be kind of dangerous to screw in there, and then have people sit there... stab em and ****..he he...

Try to attach a board or something.,.. I myself attached them to the box... so i'm chillin... or get the whole back custom.
Old Jun 9, 2002, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

my **** hits hard, im thinking about taking it out...anyone interested in buying my whole setup ?
Attached Thumbnails my system so far...-subs.jpg  
Old Jun 11, 2002, 01:35 AM

what have you got and how much?
Old Jun 12, 2002, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

I too am thinking of selling my subs and going with 1 12. I'm gettin bored with the system and it also weighs the car down big time.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

So if two subs are loud as hell, will one 12 and an amp be good for a chick like me? haha I seriously wanna get something ever since my boyfriend got 3 12s and an amp for his winter truck and it slams.. but the Lancer is small so one 12 should do it, don't you think??
Old Jun 12, 2002, 06:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Bella42382
So if two subs are loud as hell, will one 12 and an amp be good for a chick like me? haha I seriously wanna get something ever since my boyfriend got 3 12s and an amp for his winter truck and it slams.. but the Lancer is small so one 12 should do it, don't you think??
Winter truck? Damn...your boyfriend got a sister?

I have a winter car...it's the one you'll see my driving during the summer. 1 12" you'll have some noticable thump, but generally they won't compare to two (quality comparable) 10"s. It's hard to tell someone else what type of system to get without knowing specifically what types of music they listen to and how they want their sound to be.