Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

rockford fosgate head unit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rockford fosgate head unit

Hey guys,
im pretty new to lancers and i have a few questions hopefully you guys can answer.
Im looking to replace the head unit of the rockford fosgate which came with the sound system package and was wondering if kits like this would fit for the 09 Lancer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...mZ150276225094

I would really like a dash kit that is not double din, if anyone knows where i can buy that.

I see alot of people referring to the JDM kit, but i cant seem to find it.

Also, when if i buy a new head unit, is there a way it can still connect to the 6 cd changer that is in the rockford head unit?

thanks

edit:

i found one here, but anyone know where i can go besides ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...66088939QQrdZ1

Last edited by Apextine; Sep 3, 2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: add new link
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

well unless your looking to custom make one or purchase the OEM mitsu one for an insane amount this I believe is the only aftermarket one that came out. Metra is respectable. from my own experiences, as I have this kit installed, The workman ship is half half, it uses the stock vents which just clips in but on mine the clips are molded for a loose fit, and there's a dimple at the top that everybody who has it complains about cause it doesn't line up with the dash, you also have to rip off the white clips from the stock kit and transfer them to this one. all in all you really have two choices, Metra 1din/2din for About $40 or Mitsu oem 2din for $300. or you could stay stock...

As for your second question, can't help you!

btw scosche was supposed to make a dask kit but they announced it then Never heard a word again.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

I bought the OEM kit from mitsubishiparts.com and paid about $350 or so I believe. I bought it well before the Metra kit came out and I am glad I didn't wait... I don't like the look of the Metra kit at all. I am sure it looks great for $40 compared to over $300, but I wanted the quality of OEM. Just my personal feelings though.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:51 PM

By quality of the oem kit vs metra, can you describe it to me?
is it the material that is different or the look? and if the look, how so? (like which parts are different)
Old Sep 3, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Not sure if any of the parts are any different but the OEM kit actually looks like it belongs in the car. The Metra kit seems like the texture of it doesn't match at all. And like the other guy said, there is a kind of strange dimple on the top of the Metra kit. I will try and take a picture of the way mine looks in the daylight tomorrow or Friday, so you can see the quality.