Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Chopped Stereo Harness

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Chopped Stereo Harness

Hey guys, i drive an 04 es. I've got at least two things i need help with.

1. When i bought this car i removed a ****ty aftermarket stereo to replace with one i had. When i opened up my dash i seen no aftermarket harness which would have been simple and cheap to do. My stereo is wired from the factory harness, i have to turn it on and off manually, also only one of my speakers work. If someone could give me the colors and what each color was i could probably wire it all up correctly.

2. Is my cluster dimmer, It is always bright, sometimes shorts out and goes dim and adjustable, when that happens my auto gears also light up along with my 4-ways. those never light up. Last night i took a look and seen some bare wires (3 of them) so i taped all the bare up and when i did the pins fell out of the connector on the switch. Now no lights most time but it does light up full brightness sometimes.

Also, both low beams and two tail bulbs have went within a day, i have not checked my bulbs yet.

So please help, Whether some of my problems could be fuses or anything let me know! Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2013, 06:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I pull this up, there's a 4 speaker system and a 6 speaker system.

Here's the 4 speaker system but if those colors don't match up, I can find the other.

Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man sorry to hear about the bad deal. If it were me, I would track down a shell or a writeoff similar to yours and cut the factory harness from it then use the aftermarket adapter. I personally get these for even the crappiest cars ive owned. You never know if you will be yanking out the stereo or replacing it or selling etc. Why not make it easy!?