08 Es Radio Replacement with OEM 14 Ralliart touchscreen radio Questions - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

08 Es Radio Replacement with OEM 14 Ralliart touchscreen radio Questions

Old Jun 12, 2017, 04:39 AM   #1

Drives: Lancer Es

08 Es Radio Replacement with OEM 14 Ralliart touchscreen radio Questions

Hey Everyone,

First let me start off by saying I am a COMPLETE newbie when it comes to cars but I have been learning a lot via this site and youtube plea

Now with that being said, Im slowly but surely working my 08 Es up, and I recently bought a 2014 OEM Ralliart double din stereo along with a OEM head unit to replace my current one.

I conneted everything and when I turned my car on all of my service prompts started popping up (ie. all doors are open, check engine, low tire pressure, check air bags, ALL OF THEM) so I thought maybe I ****ed something up so I disconnected everything then reconnected my old unit and the prompts DID NOT come on so I tried redoing everything again and everytime I plugged the new unit in it was the same thing all the prompts came back.

While the new unit was in it worked fine (except it did not show it had bluetooth, and the aux did not function via my original rca factory aux setup)

I called a couple of mitsubishi dealerships and service departments and they all had different reasons;

1. I crossed a wire (impossible as it uses the OEM wire harness, and when i plugged my old unit back in it worked perfect)

2. I need to have the service department reset my car (ecu) (personally sounded like a good reason but like i said I am a newbie so idk if this would even do anything)

3. There is a setting on the radio that i have to reset everything ( I looked and looked but there is not a setting for this

4. "we have no idea" (figures lol)

So I am wondering does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?
Could it be that the radio is not compatible with my car and thats why the Bluetooth,aux functions don't and the service prompts pop up? (if this is the case why would the radio still function though?)

Side Note (I know I plugged everything in properly and securely, and I also unplugged the negative from my battery to avoid short circuits while installing so Im lost.)

Thank you in advance to any and everyone that responds.

Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:06 AM   #2

Drives: '16 Lancer SE LTD

This is just from what I read in other forums, but someone said that it does have to be programmed to the car... Can't confirm this though. Can try to unplug the battery for 5-10 minutes after the install and see if that clears it.

As far as BT goes, could have something to with the programming also, but I also read that 2014 Touchscreen units have models that both had and didn't have Bluetooth...

This is just from what I have read so don't hold me to it.

I'd go to the dealership who said it needs to be programmed, get it programmed, and if that doesn't work, they can't charge for something they didn't do...

Old Jul 11, 2017, 01:10 PM   #3
Evolved Member

Drives: 05 Pearl White Ralliart AT (sold), 14 WW Ralliart

The OEM FUSE systems have been changed over the years and some features of the OEM radio like BT and Aux may not be compatible between the units