Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Fiberglass Enclosure Project

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2004, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drive02Lancer
i love how crnesst is and i'd do that, but id have plexiglass over it so i could still throw stuff in the trunk...im a bowler so..i need the room haha.

nice job, sorry about ur friend man
I had planned on putting a sheet of plexuglass over it. Thats why the subs and amp are lower but when I ordered the subs i didnt look at how high the lip of the sub was and when I got them it was a lot higher then I thought and because it is the whole idea was out the door. So for now I take the original trunk floor mat and put it over the whole thing and it makes it look like there isn't even anything in there and it kinda protects them.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by archangelite
but when i tried i failed bad. oh well, gotta keep trying.
That's the only secret. I'm on my 4th fiberglass project. Every other project were crappy as hell. I did a center console, a sub box, a hood and that last box. Everything ended up in my camp fire but that last one
Old Aug 23, 2004, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally I was going to use the fiberglass one as a mold for waht I really wanted to do. I wanted to make the box out of carbon fiber but when I started pricing out how much it would cost to do that i was just like, I'll stick with glass. Too much money. Maybe some other time when I have money to spend and a lot of time on my hands I'll consider it. But it would have looked sweet.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Last night I finished putting body filler on the box, and two nights ago I put glass on the inside to reinforce the seams. Tonight I'll start sanding, and this weekend I'm heading to the shop to buy some carpet. I need to stop by Home Depot as well and buy some silicone sealant. Any suggestions as to what brand and type?
Old Aug 25, 2004, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

So tonight I got motivated, and impatient. I cut down almost all of the rest of the imperfections around the seam, drilled the hole for the speaker wire, dynamatted the inside of the box, fed the wire through, soldered it to the speaker, filled the box with poly-fill, and mounted the speaker. What's left is sanding and carpeting. Here's some eye candy.

Old Aug 25, 2004, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

True Test

Forgot to mention, I hooked it up and got a nice listen to the performance of the box. It sounds exactly like my other box, which is what I wanted. Nice crisp bass for hip hop and rock music. Techno will have to wait because I didn't have a CD in my car with some nice electronic. There was a slight rattle inside the box, which sounded like the speaking hitting the wiring, or something else. I'm not worried about it too much because you can't hear it inside the car.

Also, the box weighs about half as much (with the speaker installed) than my previous box all by itself, and it can support my weight, and a little jumping on it as well.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Ok here is a picture of my setup finally. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Fiberglass Enclosure Project-picture-002.jpg