Notices

ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
If he was God he wouldn't be driving a Lancer.
What car GOD would be driving?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

And yeah, going at 130mph aprox is of course reckless driving , who couldnt understand that? And yes, despite the lancer is a fine car and stable at relatively high speeds, its not its purpose nor the safest car to do it. And that is from someone who has gone at that speed in the lancer, but I do not encourage it nor would ever think of going faster in a lancer like the ones found in this sub-forum.

Drink a and chill....
Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

...beating a dead horse..dyno sheet please?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The horse is busy, not dead. It will come, I swear.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 7, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

sweeeet
Old Feb 16, 2009, 03:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Dyno is up on the other thread.

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 17, 2009, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Timing box

I see the dyno results posted and was wondering if having a 2.0 rather then the 2.4 will make a difference in output? Also does a SRI/CAI or a Axle back compliment the box or are they just producing their own power which is seperate from the 8 HP gain? One last question is would one expect any difference from a manual 5 spd. compared to a automatic or are they basically all gonna get the same results? Thanks again for your time!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BABYGOTBACK
I see the dyno results posted and was wondering if having a 2.0 rather then the 2.4 will make a difference in output? Also does a SRI/CAI or a Axle back compliment the box or are they just producing their own power which is seperate from the 8 HP gain? One last question is would one expect any difference from a manual 5 spd. compared to a automatic or are they basically all gonna get the same results? Thanks again for your time!
1. id say SLIGHTLY less jus cuz engine displacement, no biggie.
2. basically any engine mod u put on will compliment the timing module, ud be gettin more out of them
3. i honeslty dont think tranny has anything to do with it, i might be wrong...
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Timing box

I am not familiar with the timing issue with the motor. How does this device work? WHat is it doing, tricking the ECU, or is it advancing the timing or what? Not a real mechanic car type, just trying to figure out if this device is something worth paying $250 and feeling like it was money well spent.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Timing box

Most of the mods I have added, have either been a waste of time and money, or you only notice the power band after the MIVEC kicks in, and at high RPM's. Trying to get something to help me in 1st to 2nd gear, where it lags, and has no guts.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not familiar with the timing issue with the motor. How does this device work? WHat is it doing, tricking the ECU, or is it advancing the timing or what?
It tricks the ECU into advancing the timing...the ECU is still doing the dirty work.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Most of the mods I have added, have either been a waste of time and money, or you only notice the power band after the MIVEC kicks in, and at high RPM's. Trying to get something to help me in 1st to 2nd gear, where it lags, and has no guts.
thats just our motors man...a 4-2-1 header would help with low end..u can go to evosoul.com/blog to get one from overseas because no one in US makes one for us..and ur lucky u got 2.0L cuz its not available for 2.4L..least not yet... also lightweight rims, the koseis from tirerack r good & cheap as long as u dont have major potholes in your area
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Link to independent review.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ol-module.html

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 21, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

I have to post this because Im interested in this product,
So I need things clear

WHat do u say rock about this commments:

The dyno sheet they have is for a G4 Eclpise GT.
3.8L V6 engine.
I wouldn't really trust that dyno for those results being the same on a V4 2.0L engine on our Lancers.

Price is for sure cheaper than for an ECU replacement or flush. But I wouldn't jump into getting that.
At least what Works is doing with their ECUs they get a whole bunch of information from you to know exactly how to program it.
These guys just expect a 2 minute install and you get "all this power" from it.
I dunno.
END OF QUOTE

At the bottom of the dyno sheet it says folder: lancer 09, so they are not claiming this hp for an 08 lancer. Remember the 09 has 16 more hp and 22 more ft/lbs torque at the flywheel so probably in the 140's for hp at the wheels where the 08 is high 120's, low 130's. When I get my baseline dyno on my 09 manual done in the next week or so, I'll post the results. Also I think the reference to 4wd is for the type of dyno they have (a dyno capable of measuring 2 or 4 wheel drive cars)

But that said, Rox is right. At the top of the dyno sheet it says it's for a 4GGT Eclipse. That's where the 161 hp comes from. I wouldn't trust those results when they put up a dyno for one car to claim a different car will get the same gains.

And besides isn't this part just advancing the timing? That would account for why you need 91 octane when using it. If you advance your timing you always need higher octane gas or detonation will occur. I messed with timing advances on my mustang before. I wouldn't recommend anyone advance their timing, normal drivers don't need it, its more for race tuning on modded cars, but if you did you can do it for a lot cheaper than $259. You can get a timing light for $90-$130 and then just do it yourself, but I wouldn't do it on a stock car, there's no point really.

END OF QUOTE

Please dont get defensive, and please answer to each quote independently
Im so into this kinda mods, so show your class and knowledge.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 01:16 PM
Account Disabled

pretty well said^ some things about this product are just not clear and seems really sneeky so as i said before ill wait for real dyno results and see if 4whp or "8hp" is really worth the extra accumulated hundreds you will spend on 91 octane gas

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power