Notices

ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2009, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how does it not make sense, alot of people count on other people buying **** instead of them going out and buying it them selves. But then after someone reviews it being good or bad they still go out and buy it anyways so wtf is the point of waiting. final point is if you intrested in a product buy it.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Clearly you have a different way of viewing things.

If someone buys a product, and for example they get a CEL.. I wouldnt buy it.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

The reason they are having someone review the product is to somewhat determine long term reliability. Among other things. And as far as the Guinea pig comment. RRM does this with many of their electronic based products to get an opinion of the item before they mass produce them for sale.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 04:42 PM

Most of you guys dont' see the whole picture open your eyes and just read around and you will see, im not talking about RRM, i am talking aftermarket parts in general. I am the person to try the part and if its a good product i will give it a great review to help the people who rather wait like jRox, but if the part sucks I will clearly state the part sucks and then get banned cause we are only allowed to give good reviews! All the reviews here are biased towards the stupid supporting vendors! for example I have purchased every engine performance part from RRM and after a few thousands of miles i didnt like any of them! but i am called a basher and faced with getting banned cause i think thier **** stinks IMO. Why is that fair? Its total BS
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't say that you are a "basher"... sounds more like grumpy to me. These cars will not take to engine bolt-ons the way that we all hope. A turbo is a good way to make power but we all have heard that before. Just enjoy what you have and be happy that you can even afford the car let alone engine mods.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ08LancerGTS
Most of you guys dont' see the whole picture open your eyes and just read around and you will see, im not talking about RRM, i am talking aftermarket parts in general. I am the person to try the part and if its a good product i will give it a great review to help the people who rather wait like jRox, but if the part sucks I will clearly state the part sucks and then get banned cause we are only allowed to give good reviews! All the reviews here are biased towards the stupid supporting vendors! for example I have purchased every engine performance part from RRM and after a few thousands of miles i didnt like any of them! but i am called a basher and faced with getting banned cause i think thier **** stinks IMO. Why is that fair? Its total BS
Actually you're wrong. You can give whatever review of a product you want, if you don't like it, feel free to say so. What you're not allowed to do is slander a vendor without just cause.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by NJ08LancerGTS
I dont think you see the whole picture..............No ofense but you have over $600.00 bucks in parts for sale because you bought them and didnt like them. If you would have read a review or done your home work then you wouldnt be in that situation. Are you starting to understand what we are all doing here? We wait for reviews, do are research, and if the product seems worth the money and time we buy. Thats the whole basic point of these automotive online communitys. We as a community share our experienced both positive and negative with parts,shops,ect. And as far as the results you have personaly experienced with rrm's products, maybe you were expecting to turn a let say 16-17 second car in to a blazzing 10 second car. Not trying to be a jerk or anything just trying to set things straight.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by LS1CRAZY01
I dont think you see the whole picture..............No ofense but you have over $600.00 bucks in parts for sale because you bought them and didnt like them. If you would have read a review or done your home work then you wouldnt be in that situation. Are you starting to understand what we are all doing here? We wait for reviews, do are research, and if the product seems worth the money and time we buy. Thats the whole basic point of these automotive online communitys. We as a community share our experienced both positive and negative with parts,shops,ect. And as far as the results you have personaly experienced with rrm's products, maybe you were expecting to turn a let say 16-17 second car in to a blazzing 10 second car. Not trying to be a jerk or anything just trying to set things straight.
Actually I completely understand where he's coming from. In case you haven't noticed, 90% of people on here don't know what the hell they're talking about. They give a review and make wild and baseless claims because they think they maybe noticed something. People slap a muffler on their car and say they noticed a change in acceleration. This turns into a 5 HP gain which then gets spread around the forum like herpes. I went through exactly the same thing with my Lancer. I bought my parts because people claimed they had gained X HP which was BS. Unfortunately real dyno plots aren't popular in the Lancer forum.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

just hope someone defines your ROM in ecuflash and you guys will be good.

No need for signal interceptors or piggyback units and spending hundreds
Old Jan 24, 2009, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Actually I completely understand where he's coming from. In case you haven't noticed, 90% of people on here don't know what the hell they're talking about. They give a review and make wild and baseless claims because they think they maybe noticed something. People slap a muffler on their car and say they noticed a change in acceleration. This turns into a 5 HP gain which then gets spread around the forum like herpes. I went through exactly the same thing with my Lancer. I bought my parts because people claimed they had gained X HP which was BS. Unfortunately real dyno plots aren't popular in the Lancer forum.
I agree with you also, but you worded it alot better then he did.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is all about expectations. IF you are realistic and do your homework, you should get what you expect. Believe me. Some customers report back after getting something from us and they are LIKE WOW I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABY. In other words, their expectation were exceded by a lot. Others were like, F#@K I wanted to kill the Integra down the street and he still stomped me. THis stuff sucks!!!!!! They were talking about the same exact mod! Get it?

ROAD/RACE
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ROCK
It is all about expectations. IF you are realistic and do your homework, you should get what you expect. Believe me. Some customers report back after getting something from us and they are LIKE WOW I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABY. In other words, their expectation were exceded by a lot. Others were like, F#@K I wanted to kill the Integra down the street and he still stomped me. THis stuff sucks!!!!!! They were talking about the same exact mod! Get it?

ROAD/RACE
EXACTLY MY POINT! Some people are just unrealistic.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

lol u cant expect much from our cars
i mean i ca feel a difference in my mods
but its onlty a tiny slight difference
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

have low expectations for their parts and ull be satisfied..
Old Jan 24, 2009, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
lol, I will say that I trust the guys at RRM because they make Lancer SPECIFIC Parts

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power