Notices

Confirmed: Evo ROM Can Be Flashed to Lancer ECU

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
shouldn't have to change anything to run an evo rom as long as you aren't an automatic.
ok.. thanks.. i'll try soon..
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by edwin.opie
ok.. thanks.. i'll try soon..
Look at the periphery settings required to use it thats about all you need to worry about.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g94T
I'll email you the logs tonight.

-1 degrees of timing was not intentional nor on the timing map.
The ECU pulls that much timing and there is no knock present.

Timing would be continuing to climb and all of a sudden around 6000 timing will go -1

and no, Im not exceeding the load in the timing or fuel maps.
Took a look at these logs and what I think is happening is the car is trying to shift even if its selected at a specific gear. When the car shifts it drops timing to prevent jarring.

Try just doing the pull in drive and if its shifts at 6000rpm I think we got the culprit.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
tried this, and i keep getting error codes stating that the ecu isn't responding to any known commands.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jwick76
tried this, and i keep getting error codes stating that the ecu isn't responding to any known commands.
"Tried this" as in did you just flash the evo ecu to an automatic lancer??
Old Jun 19, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nevermind, I figured out what I did wrong...ecuflash was lookin for the definition files in the wrong directory. all good now haven't flashed, but can read my data now...
Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so i have a 4g64, and im using the lancer ecu with lancer rom, i just copied the eclipse roms fuel tables, ignition tables, maf settings, and every other table i could copy. When i take a log im reaching 120 load, and my tables only go to 1oo. i also notice my power falls off pretty bad after 2nd gear, i understand 3rd gear is longer, but could the ecu not having a fuel table to go by after 100 load also cause the loss in power.

So how do i fix this? do i need to get the evo rom and just tune the tables up to the highest load i reach, or is there another problem that is causing me to reach such high loads when im NA.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bvasquez12
Ok so i have a 4g64, and im using the lancer ecu with lancer rom, i just copied the eclipse roms fuel tables, ignition tables, maf settings, and every other table i could copy. When i take a log im reaching 120 load, and my tables only go to 1oo. i also notice my power falls off pretty bad after 2nd gear, i understand 3rd gear is longer, but could the ecu not having a fuel table to go by after 100 load also cause the loss in power.

So how do i fix this? do i need to get the evo rom and just tune the tables up to the highest load i reach, or is there another problem that is causing me to reach such high loads when im NA.
maf scaling would do that if its not properly setup.

The ecu also clips the load value as well at a certain point so be warned :P
Old Jun 29, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

ok so should i just copy ALLLL the tables over to the evo rom? and i mean barometric pressure compensation, open loop load 1. Open loop throttle low load, etc.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
ok so should i just copy ALLLL the tables over to the evo rom? and i mean barometric pressure compensation, open loop load 1. Open loop throttle low load, etc.
Yes. You need the values for the 4G64. That's what engine you have. You can't just copy some values and not others.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

i have copied ALL the tables to both the evo rom and the lancer rom, and i still reach 130 load. at idle im sitting around 30. I rechecked it and i dont see that ive missed any tables to copy over.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

oh and also with the evo rom, i get very high knock counts while using the eclipse tables, but with the lancer rom, the knock counts or at 0-2. Does this mean i need to copy over the "knock sensor filter map" from the lancer rom? the eclipse rom doesnt have this map defined so maybe the lancer one will work fine?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

oh and also with the evo rom, i get very high knock counts while using the eclipse tables, but with the lancer rom, the knock counts or at 0-2. Does this mean i need to copy over the "knock sensor filter map" from the lancer rom? the eclipse rom doesnt have this map defined so maybe the lancer one will work fine?
you need to change the multipiers for the knock sensor. In order to do this you have to find someone who has defined the elipse rom enough to have the stock mutipliers on hand so you know what to change them to.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

ok i see, i found a rom that has the tables defined but i also found a thread over on club3g on how to disable the immobilizer, i downloaded XVI32 like they said to do, but i cant seem to find adress FAA> these are the instructions..

" Use a hex editor like XVI32 (which is free) and load your ROM (not the XML, the ROM) and go to address FAA, and change the 56DA to 56DE, you will clearly see the copies of the flag one after the other from FAA to FB8. Change them all to 56DE and you're done."

But i dont see that adresss when i look it up, or by scrolling through the many many adresses. can anyone help me with this? it would be awesome if i could just disable the immobilizer and just flash the eclipse rom to mylancer ecu and then have it running like stock .
Old Jul 6, 2010, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

ok i see, i found a rom that has the tables defined but i also found a thread over on club3g on how to disable the immobilizer, i downloaded XVI32 like they said to do, but i cant seem to find adress FAA> these are the instructions..

" Use a hex editor like XVI32 (which is free) and load your ROM (not the XML, the ROM) and go to address FAA, and change the 56DA to 56DE, you will clearly see the copies of the flag one after the other from FAA to FB8. Change them all to 56DE and you're done."

But i dont see that adresss when i look it up, or by scrolling through the many many adresses. can anyone help me with this? it would be awesome if i could just disable the immobilizer and just flash the eclipse rom to mylancer ecu and then have it running like stock .
The FAA bits are universal to the roms just copy these definitions into your xml file and look for the tables created in ecuflash.

http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Periphery_Configuration

Quick Reply: Confirmed: Evo ROM Can Be Flashed to Lancer ECU