Notices

Confirmed: Evo ROM Can Be Flashed to Lancer ECU

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What you posted in the video is the same thing i see when i load my maf based evo tephra rom and i don't see it on my non-tephra lancer rom. I'd like to try a non-tephra evo rom and see if its makes a difference but wont be able to do any more testing till i get my rebuilt steering column back in the car and this pesky leak on my new steering rack fixed. "Silly Banjo bolts, leaks are for Honda's! =(

Last edited by Live4Redline; Aug 7, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Live4Redline
What you posted in the video is the same thing i see when i load my maf based evo tephra rom and i don't see it on my non-tephra lancer rom. I'd like to try a non-tephra evo rom and see if its makes a difference but wont be able to do any more testing till i get my rebuilt steering column back in the car and this pesky leak on my new steering rack fixed. "Silly Banjo bolts, leaks are for Honda's! =(
So you are seeing this idle issue on both 941xxxx and 965xxxx tephra roms? I wouldn't mind testing a non tephra evo rom, Roadspike do you know if there are any non-tephra roms but still have big maps?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
So you are seeing this idle issue on both 941xxxx and 965xxxx tephra roms?
Yes.

And no matter what maf + scalings i used the issue was still there. The 605, 501 and 399 mafs (the 399 had additional issues on my NA car unrelated to the idle).

I'm half tempted to make my own video because its pretty obvious that its the same issue in both cases. What ever that issue might be, tephra or evo rom related.

Last edited by Live4Redline; Aug 7, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Live4Redline
Yes.

And no matter what maf + scalings i used the issue was still there. The 605, 501 and 399 mafs (the 399 had additional issues on my NA car unrelated to the idle).

I'm half tempted to make my own video because its pretty obvious that its the same issue in both cases. What ever that issue might be, tephra or evo rom related.
If I can find a rom with just big maps and cel flash I would switch over as those are the only two mods I use.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Don't think that's an option anymore. It's tephra or nothing. The evo Rom has bigger maps then the Lancer rom but that's about it.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I tried searching once again for this but no luck . I would rather have the knock light and a little idle annoyance than a smooth idle and no knock light.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

So you are seeing this idle issue on both 941xxxx and 965xxxx tephra roms? I wouldn't mind testing a non tephra evo rom, Roadspike do you know if there are any non-tephra roms but still have big maps?
Tephra was the one who invented big maps so its not a surprise that only tephra roms are big maps, unless you include my own rom for the auto's.

BTW what did your idle hz get up to? Normally in the evo you see something like 30-35hz at minimum idle.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Tephra was the one who invented big maps so its not a surprise that only tephra roms are big maps, unless you include my own rom for the auto's.

BTW what did your idle hz get up to? Normally in the evo you see something like 30-35hz at minimum idle.
I havent actually logged my idle since I made the switch I just did a quick flash and checked it out. I plan on doing some logging. I have a good log of the dips I made back in may. I logged pretty much everything I could. I was getting about 5 samples a second. Question is if its fuel cut shouldnt my logs at some point show ipw drop to 0 for a split second? There is not anything in the log showing that. The ipw fluctuates during the dips but I imagine thats just the computer trying to compensate and stabilze the idle.

As far as what I actually changed I raised the 19hz row from 148 to 152 and 25hz row from 155 to 160, not sure if that is enough I have only made one change thus far.

Last edited by 03lances; Aug 8, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

I havent actually logged my idle since I made the switch I just did a quick flash and checked it out. I plan on doing some logging. I have a good log of the dips I made back in may. I logged pretty much everything I could. I was getting about 5 samples a second. Question is if its fuel cut shouldnt my logs at some point show ipw drop to 0 for a split second? There is not anything in the log showing that. The ipw fluctuates during the dips but I imagine thats just the computer trying to compensate and stabilze the idle.

As far as what I actually changed I raised the 19hz row from 148 to 152 and 25hz row from 155 to 160, not sure if that is enough I have only made one change thus far.
Lol I just noted something about my writing sorry about this.

But what i've been meaning to say is normal idle LOAD is between 30-35 for an evo and when it dips to something like 20 load it seemed to do a decel fuel cut. Sorry about that confusion
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Lol I just noted something about my writing sorry about this.

But what i've been meaning to say is normal idle LOAD is between 30-35 for an evo and when it dips to something like 20 load it seemed to do a decel fuel cut. Sorry about that confusion
I pulled my biss out and cleaned it up, My idle is sitting at 25hz :-/. Nothing in the logs are indicating the car is cutting fuel or spark yet it dips. When I turn on the actuator to lock the stepper motor it REALLY dips, doesnt die but damn close to it. I logged the ISCV trims while I adjusted the biss. How often does the ISCV trims change? Its pretty close within +/- 1% but that may change as I let it idle longer idk yet.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

I pulled my biss out and cleaned it up, My idle is sitting at 25hz :-/. Nothing in the logs are indicating the car is cutting fuel or spark yet it dips. When I turn on the actuator to lock the stepper motor it REALLY dips, doesnt die but damn close to it. I logged the ISCV trims while I adjusted the biss. How often does the ISCV trims change? Its pretty close within +/- 1% but that may change as I let it idle longer idk yet.
Not sure on the trims and you probably know whats below but this will help others.

As long as you get your idle close with the biss screw it will really improve the idle. Especially if the IAC is at fault for the sudden dips. The computer uses two types of adjustment to control idle.

First is the obvious IAC controller which just meters air in and out but lesser known is the computer actually bumps the idle timing around trying to get the idle to the right point.

SAS mode puts all that on hold which is what makes it really useful when setting the idle. It slaps a default value into the IAC and the timing so you can really hear what the idle would do naturally.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure on the trims and you probably know whats below but this will help others.

As long as you get your idle close with the biss screw it will really improve the idle. Especially if the IAC is at fault for the sudden dips. The computer uses two types of adjustment to control idle.

First is the obvious IAC controller which just meters air in and out but lesser known is the computer actually bumps the idle timing around trying to get the idle to the right point.

SAS mode puts all that on hold which is what makes it really useful when setting the idle. It slaps a default value into the IAC and the timing so you can really hear what the idle would do naturally.
Exactly, this is though with the SAS mode enabled the car dips bad, it doesn't die but close so its hard to find where the biss is supposed to be. It still needs adjusted I can tell but its not stalling.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly, this is though with the SAS mode enabled the car dips bad, it doesn't die but close so its hard to find where the biss is supposed to be. It still needs adjusted I can tell but its not stalling.
So that means if you have SAS enabled, and it still dips, that it's nothing to do with the car auto adjusting the ISCV steps or idle, it's something else. Does the timing stay constant with BISS enabled? Is the dip consistent, like every 5 seconds or anything?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HornstarBU
So that means if you have SAS enabled, and it still dips, that it's nothing to do with the car auto adjusting the ISCV steps or idle, it's something else. Does the timing stay constant with BISS enabled? Is the dip consistent, like every 5 seconds or anything?
My question is Am I supposed to be able to log while the SAS is enabled? Because evoscan will not let me start datalogging while the actuator mode is engaged. If I am already datalogging the actuator modes on the side dissappear which means I cannot monitor my timing while I have the stepper locked. As far as the dips go, while I have the SAS mode enabled its constantly dips, it doesnt really ever fully recover before it dips again.

Update: So I played around with my biss to stabilized the idle a little better than it was. When you change the idle rpm settings in the table how soon should I expect to wait before it adjust? Reason being is I one by one made all the values 600 rpms in each table, flashing it each time, As of now I have every rpm value in every table set to 600 and yet it still idles at 900 lmao.

Last edited by 03lances; Aug 9, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

My question is Am I supposed to be able to log while the SAS is enabled? Because evoscan will not let me start datalogging while the actuator mode is engaged. If I am already datalogging the actuator modes on the side dissappear
No your not supposed to log but i can tell you it locks the timing down and the actuator down to set level. If it still does the missfire stumble with those settings it would be really hard to explain why.

All you should be worried about in SAS mode is getting the idle somewhat close to the idle you want it to be without sas mode on.

BTW have you tried just simply upping your idle? To something like 800rpm? I know the base lancer is supposed to be lower but it would be an interesting test.

Quick Reply: Confirmed: Evo ROM Can Be Flashed to Lancer ECU