Notices

looking to upgrade the fuel system on my 09 GTS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking to upgrade the fuel system on my 09 GTS

I want a new fuel pump, injectors, and throttle body. what are my options? i have heard of putting the eclipse 6g72 throttle body in but i would not know where to start with that, inform me if you know. I figure if you have an intake giving more air you might as well have something giving more fuel, otherwise i see no point. also..any headers besides RRM for the 2.4L?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 04:01 PM

Have you looked into the RRM timing box module? I supposed to regulate the airflow:fuel ratio in our cars... also selling one if interested. Posted it on 9glancers.com and projectlancers.com
Old Apr 29, 2011, 07:44 PM

eeehh...i'd feel bettter to have a tune specifically for my setup. especially with the new engine and fuel line components. the timing module would be useless at that point. thanks for the opinion though!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

if u want to wait for headers i have a custom one with a qtp exhaust cutout that will be selling in less than 3 weeks(hopefully) i can post a price because this is not a sell trade but the whole thing will be a lil cheaper than the rrm headers or any other headers, as for ur question i dont think u need a better fuel pump if ur stock , i mean people with forced induction dont need a bigger fuelpump from the get go , ill say maybe bigger injectors , but is going to be pointless also , u have to choices that might help u ( my opinion dont qoute) either stay n/a and get a nice tune (tb is worth the money) or stop buying piggyback and stuff that wont really do much and start buying parts for a turbo kit , u can get a turbo kit from an ra for with lots of luck like 1200 , and is woth it to dream big believe me i got mine (not yet installed) i can wait to put it on
Old Apr 30, 2011, 04:33 PM

QTP cutouts tend to fall apart from what i have read. but i wouldnt mind just the headers if that is possible. if not ill consider the setup you mentioned. if you have not started the header/cutout yet i reccomend the racelandusa cutout. no switch wiring necessary and it exits parallel to your exhaust opposing at a 45 degree angle. and CHEAPER but just as good if not better (havnt heard of one falling apart). it does not have a flange though. this is better since, i havnt done the calculations for the 4B12 yet, because you can add a few more feet of exhaust tubing to it without adding a 45 degree adapter. im pretty surejust the headers is a little short to be the perfect distance for an open exhaust. not sure yet.. dont quote me on that either normally, every header with 4 cylinders on it needs 6 ft of piping for best results open. again this is why i recommend the raceland cause its parallel. and you read my mind with the custom work! i have been waiting to buy a cutout in the next month, and i was thinking "why is everyone putting these after the cat, doesnt that defeat the purpos?" haha. but yes i am doing a cutout before my cat with headers so im inrterested. sorry about all the rambling. fuel pump wise, i am considering a 50 shot of nitrous from wet injection, so the fuel pump is necessary. idk why everyone thinks niitrous is bad, its only bad if you dry shot it without any management at a 75 shot or more.. what injectors do you think?

edit: and no turbo with me, im stayiing N/A. got the CVT...
good transmission but not with turbo
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

how about nos , u think ur tranny aint ready for turbo but is ok to run nos ?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

how about nos , u think ur tranny aint ready for turbo but is ok to run nos ?
Seconded.

Sure, a wet 50 shot is less harmful to the engine, but your CVT is still too weak.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:29 AM

You'll want 330cc/min for 230hp for an NA engine, we probably won't see more than that w/o some extreme mods anyways. Stock 4B12 injectors are 275cc/min, and they run 80% duty cycle at about 5krpm. If you spend considerable time at more than 5k rpm, it may be worthwhile to upgrade the injectors. Stock RA injectors may work just fine, but I've no idea how the low end would be. They would certainly handle the top end. A tune would be required. I *think* the injectors are high impedance Bosch EV14 long with a Denso connector. If you do decide to upgrade, please post back with the results.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

best thing u can do is get a wideband , and a bigger tb with an evox manifold(intake) and do your own tune

i take that back evox intake manifold does not help na builds, i do have the 6g72 tb now

Last edited by ninjacoco; Nov 8, 2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: merge