Notices

02 Lancer OZ intake??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2013, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 Lancer OZ intake??

I've been contemplating on buying a K&N intake for my OZ but I've been hearing a lot of junk lately saying I won't gain much more than I would from the stock intake. Just wanted to see if anyone else has tried and if a new intake would be a good/bad idea.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
For all the HP gains you will honestly get, I find it pointless to pay that much money on a name brand intake. You're just as good to get one off of Ebay for 70 bucks. I personally had more success with a cold air over a short ram. There was originally a AEM SRI on my car when I purchased it. All it did was suck it hot air from the exhaust manifold. I swapped out for a Ebay CAI and got more MPG, didn't really notice any power though. On NA mods for our car, you're better off saving money where you can and put that money towards a turbo kit. Before I put a turbo on mine, I had pretty much every bolt on you could think of and I couldn't even really feel a difference from how it felt stock, and that cost me around $3k
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:34 AM

Don't do it, I've bought the same Intake for an 04 Lancer gained nothing at all I think I may have lost some HP save your money for the real mods like a turbo. There's an episode on Mighty Car mods they took a Nissan Skyline and put it on the dyno 3 times one with the stock intake another time with a SRI intake and then again with a CAI the car lost 3 HP with the SRI intake and 1 HP with the CAI intake.. So basically it's some fancy eye candy under the hood that could cost you I say buy a turbo from someone who upgraded their evo's turbo and build your own setup..
Old Oct 14, 2013, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by LovingLancer
Don't do it, I've bought the same Intake for an 04 Lancer gained nothing at all I think I may have lost some HP save your money for the real mods like a turbo. There's an episode on Mighty Car mods they took a Nissan Skyline and put it on the dyno 3 times one with the stock intake another time with a SRI intake and then again with a CAI the car lost 3 HP with the SRI intake and 1 HP with the CAI intake.. So basically it's some fancy eye candy under the hood that could cost you I say buy a turbo from someone who upgraded their evo's turbo and build your own setup..
Yeah I recently watched that mighty car mods episode. Glad I saved myself some money. I really wanna do a 4G94 or 93 swap in my car or I might just save enough to buy an evo. But we all know those don't come cheap. Thanks guys!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no regrets about my RMR intake. Makes a nice noise, looks better and added a little bit of pep to the car. I had the eBay generic intake before that and it was a total piece of ****.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Automatic 51
I have no regrets about my RMR intake. Makes a nice noise, looks better and added a little bit of pep to the car. I had the eBay generic intake before that and it was a total piece of ****.
Yea Ebay isn't the way to go for intakes. I might save up some money and buy the piggyback ecu or just do a 64 swap. Then I'll think about turbos and intakes lol
Old Oct 17, 2013, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumberjack83
Yea Ebay isn't the way to go for intakes. I might save up some money and buy the piggyback ecu or just do a 64 swap. Then I'll think about turbos and intakes lol
What do you mean by a 64 swap? the 4g94 is the 2.0l engine u currently have, the 4g69 is the ralliart 2.4l and the 4g63 is the evo engine, if you meant 63 i recommend you save up and buy an evo at some point or just turbo ur 4g94...i got around 220 hp at 10 psi with the stock 4g94 engine...and some members go up to 15 psi! And the total cost is +- 2500 for a complete turbo setup. Its pretty much the cheapest way to get the most power for ur money on that car.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by marcouxa1

What do you mean by a 64 swap? the 4g94 is the 2.0l engine u currently have, the 4g69 is the ralliart 2.4l and the 4g63 is the evo engine, if you meant 63 i recommend you save up and buy an evo at some point or just turbo ur 4g94...i got around 220 hp at 10 psi with the stock 4g94 engine...and some members go up to 15 psi! And the total cost is +- 2500 for a complete turbo setup. Its pretty much the cheapest way to get the most power for ur money on that car.
Oops typo. I meant 63. My 94 has 215k on it and still runs good but I'm not sure if I wanna slap a turbo on it or buy a nicer motor. Previous owners of my car have gotten in a few accidents too so I might be better off buying a lacer in better shape or breaking my piggy bank and buying an Evo. I just love my car like everyone else that has one
Old Oct 17, 2013, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 4g64 is a viable swap. And the 4g63 head is swapable onto it.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...wpost&t=259059