Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Haltech ECU Plug and Play 99% finished for Lancer/Mirage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haltech ECU Plug and Play 99% finished for Lancer/Mirage

RPW has just finished designing with Haltech the E6X plug and play harnesses for the MItsubishi lancer range of vehicles.

This basically will be for all 1.5 / 1.8 / 2.0 owners and takes around 1 1/2 horus to install and do some minor wiring. Run a pre programmed baseline tune adn yuo are on your way.

At $1250.00 AUD$ for the complete kit plus minor extras this kit will allow full use of factory air conditioning, thermo fans and will also have teh ability for those going turbo to run a haltech boost controller or those wanting NOS to run a nos switch setup.

All in all we are doing some final testing on the new plugs over the next two weeks but this is a great option for everyone and finally finishes off one more level for the mirage / lancer owners.

Imagine no more MAF sensor, and the ability to revert the vehicl eback to stock again without having to cut any wires. Makes any form of piggy back ecu start to look very very average.

And for turbo guy's, well lets just say that there are options galore.

So what do people think?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like the idea, are you going to include the software so we can tune it?

but wow $1000usd?
Old Sep 9, 2005, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Can you elaborate on the turbo options please?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

YEs it will come with software for laptop tuning.

Turbo options - the unit comes with an onboard 2.5 BAR MAP sensor so you can run teh vehicle up ot 20 psi without having to upgrade the MAP sensor. FOr those wanting more or want to run an external MAP Sensor, can also be done easily wiht up to a 3 BAR external map sensor.

Has inbuilt mapping for boost controllers, full 3d programming on fuel and ignition curves as well as idle speed control, closed loop oxygen sensor control for economy with the o2 sensor setup configurable to run one setting for idle, and another setting for cruise modes where the vehicle requires a richer tune at idle.

http://www.haltech.com.au/e6x.htm
Old Sep 10, 2005, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome, but by plug and play do you mean installing this unit and driving it just like stock and then tune whatever who wants?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

I think that's the idea, but like $1000usd? I think I'll stay with RRM's pb v2 when I get the cash.
RPW, you guys obviously make some great products, but charge way more than most of us poor americans can afford. The way our economy is going it won't be too long before countries like Australia will be considering us a third world country.

Last edited by Slovak; Sep 10, 2005 at 06:06 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slovak
I think that's the idea, but like $1000usd? I think I'll stay with RRM's pb v2 when I get the cash.
RPW, you guys obviously make some great products, but charge way more than most of us poor americans can afford. The way our economy is going it won't be too long before countries like Australia will be considering us a third world country.
sorry slovack but you cant compare a standalone to a pb... this is a great deal... go price a aem ems, and i dont think right now that is plug and play(have to ask omar or andrew on that one). Keep up the good work dave... ppl will start to come around.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

cut the pirce some and it would be $$$$....cause i know u can pick up a Link ECU for around $750USD and thats a full stand alone w/ Anti-Lag settings.....
Old Sep 10, 2005, 09:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by 03RallyLancer
sorry slovack but you cant compare a standalone to a pb... this is a great deal... go price a aem ems, and i dont think right now that is plug and play(have to ask omar or andrew on that one). Keep up the good work dave... ppl will start to come around.
AEM is plug and play... they always are.

Just unplug the old ecu... and plug in the aem. No harness needed.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer
AEM is plug and play... they always are.

Just unplug the old ecu... and plug in the aem. No harness needed.
my bad i thought for the lancer you had to buy a universal one and do a lil of your own wiring

edit: boe does the aem come w/ a baseline tune to get you running?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 02:41 PM
Account Disabled

yeah, I think you guys are missing the point: this is full standalone for turbo or n/a fellas. RPW stepped it up a notch by providing plug and play harness and the possibility of a base tune (so you can at least drive to the dyno shop LOL)

This is a great deal for guys looking at custom turbo setups or who really want to push the limits.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitsiman

This basically will be for all 1.5 / 1.8 / 2.0 owners and takes around 1 1/2 horus to install and do some minor wiring. Run a pre programmed baseline tune adn yuo are on your way.

Imagine no more MAF sensor, and the ability to revert the vehicl eback to stock again without having to cut any wires. Makes any form of piggy back ecu start to look very very average.

And for turbo guy's, well lets just say that there are options galore.

So what do people think?

Dave when you say it is a preprogrammed baseline tune, is it a better map (more aggressive) than the stock ECU runs? With out the MAF sensor are you tuning for more air? Can it learn any slight variations e.g RPW stage one cam?

What I am really getting at is how getting rid of the MAF will benefit us?

WADAD
Old Sep 10, 2005, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ

WADAD
More AIR!!! Maf is restrictive, a lot. Without it you will be able to get lots of air. Just by upgrading to a bigger MAF will give you some extra hp on the top and getting rid of it ....

The preprogrammed maps, are they going to be safe to drive for a while? Or is it more like, tune it ASAP.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 07:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
Dave when you say it is a preprogrammed baseline tune, is it a better map (more aggressive) than the stock ECU runs? With out the MAF sensor are you tuning for more air? Can it learn any slight variations e.g RPW stage one cam?

WADAD
Baseline tunes usually just RUN the car. Depending upon your setup the car may be drivable as well, but base maps are by no means "tunes" so much as they are...well...base maps.

I'm curious about the built in MAP sensor. Is it way simpler than I'm thinking it is?

And yeah...slovak, I think you're missing the point of standalone engine management entirely. You're also comparing the price of a piggyback to the price of a fully programmable standalone. In comparison with the AEM EMS (also plug and play, also standalone), the Haltech unit will be significantly less expensive. I hope someone gets one because I'm curious how different the functions/capabilities are, and what the software's like.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

kinda wishing i knew about this first... those itbs for what was it... 500 sound awefully nice now lol

Quick Reply: Haltech ECU Plug and Play 99% finished for Lancer/Mirage