Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

sheet metal intake mani?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, maybe make it like a header flipped upside down and have the intake coming out of the hood...lol just kidding. Yeah, that manifold just always looked weird to me so I thought I would ask.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 09:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by drucea
hmm, maybe make it like a header flipped upside down and have the intake coming out of the hood...lol just kidding. Yeah, that manifold just always looked weird to me so I thought I would ask.
I was thinking that.

Make it badass - TB sticking out of the hood with a filter, then throw a filter and a big hood scoop (and convert to MAP, since there's no room for the MAF in that setup).

I just need to borrow a friends car and a plasma cutter now...
Old Mar 14, 2007, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

BUMP!! Anyone from RRM? knock knock.. hehe
Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by import_speedzz
BUMP!! Anyone from RRM? knock knock.. hehe
Unless things have changed since the last time I bought parts for my Lancer... RRM wasn't interested in undertaking such project. It would cost them alot of $$ in R&D and only a selected few would actually buy it. It's a loose loose situation for RoadRace.

Been around this board for years now. Lots of people talk, very little buy. RoadRace found that out the hard way unfortunatly.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by drucea
I was thinking, would a manifold like this, but with bigger runners and stuff flow any better than ours since the air goes straight into the runners and into the head rather than having to go into the plenum chamber then go straight down into the runners? I don't know anything about airflow, but it just seems to me that the air would flow easier this way rather than making such a sudden change of direction. This is from Diavlo's car before the swap. Also, was this an aftermarket manifold already?
that is definately a header turned upside down a the collector turned into a throttle body mount. crazy. all i want to know is what header did they use? if i where the one to do this i would use a header kit and then buy the flange from RRM i think someone said they sell it then, weld it all up nice. do you have any pictures of what the injectors look like?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah RRM sells the flanges for Intake Manis now. If you have any questions about that mani, contact Diavlo, it was his. He might even have it still and could sell it if it fits our cars.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blaze_125
Been around this board for years now. Lots of people talk, very little buy. RoadRace found that out the hard way unfortunatly.
Preach, my brother!

Seriously, that sums it up perfectly. Everyone has "***** to the wall" plans, but when the vendor goes "OK, here's the 10.5:1 pistons, they cost $700, put in your orders now", suddenly 90% of the people "have money problems" or "changed their mind."

PS: I ponied up the $700. I ain't no *****.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

^I perfectly understand where you guys are coming from. However, I am one of those guys that will follow through with it. If anything, I would be all in if they asked for a 90% down payment before they R&D it. But, life is life, and it alls goes on.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

looking at these manifo9ld ideas i dont think us NA guys will see much benefit from these over a ported 4g93 mani... Could anyone list the benefits were looking at here?