Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Compressed Air Boost?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Thought only the CryO2 kit was used to cool intercoolers?
they make a ball that goes inside the intake tract that fills with c02 and cools the intake charge but im sure that doesnt work either
Old Sep 12, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
compressed co2, like in paintball cans, will shut your car off if you shoot it in the intake. That cryo2 stuff is supposed to work pretty good on turboed cars.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerman360
compressed co2, like in paintball cans, will shut your car off if you shoot it in the intake. That cryo2 stuff is supposed to work pretty good on turboed cars.
just so you know cryo2 is c02
Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

thats why u get compressed air, not CO2... its like cold air boost

not like this is ever gonna work anyway
Old Sep 12, 2006, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hopper
Id be careful using this. some of them(definatley paintball canisters) use c02 or carbon dioxide, which is very regularly used in fire extinguisher's and i am unsure what it would actually do to the combustion process but I can imagine it wouldnt be so pretty.
yes fire extingushers, which should stop ALL spark in the cylinders.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bene
thats why u get compressed air, not CO2... its like cold air boost

not like this is ever gonna work anyway

compressed air like air dusters right? thats c02! atleast 99% of them are. and they are all non flamable nowadays just further hurts the cause hehe, might as well try propane injection atleast thats a flamable gas . Just rig up a propane torch to your intake turn it on and hope to god your car doesnt backfire!
Old Sep 13, 2006, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Canned air= co2 = starve car for air= dead car
Old Sep 13, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Just for clarification the CryO2 kit does not actually inject anything into the car it simply allows you to cool your intake, IC and fuel rail depending on how you hook it up.

Basically the air/fuel flows through an orifice that is being cooled by the CO2...cheaper than nitrous and just as good.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor

how much is that ^^? and is it worth the price?
Old Sep 13, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sadude
Just for clarification the CryO2 kit does not actually inject anything into the car it simply allows you to cool your intake, IC and fuel rail

Well yea it doesnt inject anything intentionally. but say your using the ic sprayer, you spray it at speed there is only one way for that liquid c02 to go, back towards the air cleaner, and the cleaner at speed is sucking pretty good amount of cfm. IM just saying for the little effect they give you I would just not worry about it

and for price i did a quick google search for ya seems to be right around 320$ for the bottle and install kit. More for whatever sprayer you want ic sprayer ect.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

compressed air like air dusters right? thats c02! atleast 99% of them are. and they are all non flamable nowadays just further hurts the cause hehe, might as well try propane injection atleast thats a flamable gas . Just rig up a propane torch to your intake turn it on and hope to god your car doesnt backfire!
no, its just compressed air, thats all it is... air, co2 doesnt work good in high end electronic guns
Old Sep 13, 2006, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

well the cold stuff that comes out isnt just cold air. electronic guns? like airsoft guns? electric airsoft guns use a servo to pull back a spring and release the pin. there is no need to have gas and electric on a airsoft gun. and the reason regular c02 doesnt work good in airsoft guns is because airsoft specific c02 is mixed with a lubricant to help reduce wear and ensure consistency.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

haha, im a somewhat professional paintball player, i play on gridlock... airsoft isnt related to paintball

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...AAAEL6h4VlAYg#

thats my gun its all electronic

and its just air, moisture cannot be let into these guns and co2 is too dirty

its not really cold air, its only cold because its coming out at a high speed, kinda like a fan feels cold
Old Sep 13, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Well yea it doesnt inject anything intentionally. but say your using the ic sprayer, you spray it at speed there is only one way for that liquid c02 to go, back towards the air cleaner, and the cleaner at speed is sucking pretty good amount of cfm. IM just saying for the little effect they give you I would just not worry about it

and for price i did a quick google search for ya seems to be right around 320$ for the bottle and install kit. More for whatever sprayer you want ic sprayer ect.
The little bit you suck into your intake is not going to hurt...the majority of the CO2 will hit your radiator first

Not sure if it really will be much an advantage for a NA car but colder is better for nearly any car
Old Sep 13, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Thats what I an saying. I know its not injected anywhere it just cools stuff off. Prob wont help out cars too much. mostly for turbo.

Quick Reply: Compressed Air Boost?