Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Future Mods. RRM, other vendors, anyone.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better add a set of high compression pistons to that list. What we have now just isn't going to cut it unless you add some FI.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure if I want to do F/I. I kind of would like to keep it N/A. I've done turbo with my SRT-4 and GSX, now I want to build strong N/A.

So with: Piggyback or new ECU, pulley, exhaust, intake, header, high flow head, cams, injectors, throttle body w/spacer, and what every else you can do you a N/A. Could I hit 200hp or more?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Its possible. But its going to take $$$$$$$$$$$. Yes a fast NA car is impressive, but for less $$ you can have a faster car and enough change to go to the strip.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by specialk8519
I'm not sure if I want to do F/I. I kind of would like to keep it N/A. I've done turbo with my SRT-4 and GSX, now I want to build strong N/A.

So with: Piggyback or new ECU, pulley, exhaust, intake, header, high flow head, cams, injectors, throttle body w/spacer, and what every else you can do you a N/A. Could I hit 200hp or more?
Highly doubt it.

I know the 4B11 is a new motor, but we can all agree that it's not a V8. People with fully-modded 4G94 motors saw minimal gains. Granted, no one has had the exact list you have, but I just don't see 200 hp coming N/A. Maybe someone will prove me wrong...
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

I got a question about how a F/I system will be implemented with the MIVEC.

Will the MIVEC need to be disabled due to the cam settings or can you just engineer it to work with the MIVEC.

I don't have a specific concern about one thing, just a funny feeling that there is more to it then just bolting it up and letting it run.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:32 PM

The concept of the MIVEC will still be valid, however, a controller would be nice in order to maximize the gains. Typically aftermarket manfacturers will remove the variable timing when they design new cams for simplicity. These new cams are designed to perform well in a certain rpm range.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Highly doubt it.

I know the 4B11 is a new motor, but we can all agree that it's not a V8. People with fully-modded 4G94 motors saw minimal gains. Granted, no one has had the exact list you have, but I just don't see 200 hp coming N/A. Maybe someone will prove me wrong...
I know its a different platform but my previous car was deep into the 170s whp. It had the stock block. All this from a ZX2.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by specialk8519

If you add some high compression pistons with it, sure. Not that hard to reach another 50HP with all those mods together + tunning.

You guys need to understand that this is a DOHC... unlike the SOHC. This will allow for a lot more tunning options and gains than a 4g94. Also, with aftermarket parts coming out for the EVO X, I'm pretty sure we'll see 200+ HP N/A.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^lets hope so.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

a k20A3(rsx and civic) honda N/A can easily push 210 and if im not mistaken have less chp than the 4b11 stock. So untill someone runs a full N/A setup(possibly with ITBs) we wont know if it will do 200hp or not. Also with the changing of rev limits and balancing the engine i dont see why this couldnt be turned into a high revving N/A beast

Last edited by Stuntfly02; Aug 18, 2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:55 PM

it would be pretty cool to see some high hp na lancers but i think ill go the turbo route eventually
Old Sep 2, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

I have a request for a couple mods, keep an eye out and PM me if you see these please and thank you

+Short throw kit
+Different side markers, the stocks just look cheap
+different antenna for the car (maybe one like the new GM's or BMW's?)
Old Sep 2, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

I spoke to a TWM tech on Friday. He stated that they are just spooling up to R&D a short shifter. For those that have no experience with TWM, I rate them over B&M.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeRious08
I spoke to a TWM tech on Friday. He stated that they are just spooling up to R&D a short shifter. For those that have no experience with TWM, I rate them over B&M.

how long do they take for development if you have any experience with them.

and is this them?

http://www.twmperformance.com/
Old Sep 2, 2007, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, that is them. They didn't give me a time frame, but the tech said that the 08s setup if fairly similar to the older Lancers. So they might be able to just use the 06 Lancer short shifter. IDK. He said they were going to try it out.

Quick Reply: Future Mods. RRM, other vendors, anyone.