Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

RPW HEADERS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2002, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPW HEADERS

Has anyone installed the RPW headers yet? I recieved an e-mail from AP-Parts saying they were testing out but they needed Lancers.
Old Apr 5, 2002, 06:33 PM

I never heard of these headers?

man they got headers out now? Thats ****in awsome!:headbng2: You got any pics or any stats on them?
Old Apr 5, 2002, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

They're testing headers to see if the 4G93 will work on the OBD version. I'm not sure what you mean by stats, but if I recall right usually its 15-20 HP for a headers back exhaust system.
Old Apr 7, 2002, 01:21 AM
Evolving Member

less hp

A headers back exhaust system will give you 12 to15 whp plus 5 whp for INJEN CAI ,15 TO 20 WITH RRE TB AND CUSTOM PULLEY'S 3 TO 5 WHP.SO THE WILL MAKE THE LANCER NA TUNE 150 TO 165 WHP
Old Apr 7, 2002, 04:17 AM

A while back, on the Lancer yahoo club, someone posted a link to some Australian company that had headers for the US lancer.

Unfortuneately, I don't remember the name or anything and have since lost the cookie that logged me in to the yahoo site - don't have the password or anything. So I guess this reply is useless.

Also heard from a Mitsu buff that Buschur Racing will be coming out with some stuff including headers. Their site mentions that they are working on a Lancer, but no parts are listed as of yet (or maybe there is, I can't seems to figure the site out - confusing lists of stuff)
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 7, 2002, 04:30 AM

Cool Australian Performance

Check out this site, they have all kinds of parts for Lancer/Mirage.
They call headers "extractors" and they have listed the US Lancer on their website.

http://www.rpw.com.au/
Old Apr 7, 2002, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Australian Performance

Originally posted by Mightym
Check out this site, they have all kinds of parts for Lancer/Mirage.
They call headers "extractors" and they have listed the US Lancer on their website.

http://www.rpw.com.au/
Well a header does "extract" exhaust gasses from the engine so the name is quite fitting. As for that website, that's the same company that's selling the RPW headers that were mentioned at the very beginning of this thread.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking RPW Extractors / Headers

Our headers / extractors will fit the 2.0 engine no problems. The only thing that we need to check is the block height as the 2.0 block will be taller than the 1.8 block and as such we may need to lengthed / deepen the extractors to clear the sump more.

Our race design extractors come with a flex pipe so no need to go to a muffler shop.

RPW has been designing our own extractors and our race design use very long primary pipe lengths in a 4 - 1 design which increases torque over tradiational 4-1 design and will not drop torque and hence provide more power than normal designs. Ie better than 4-2-1 designs and garaunteed to fit properly.

We have been selling to the Mirage people for years so enquire to them of our qaulity.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au
Old Apr 10, 2002, 09:59 PM

Well I love my RPW 55mm Throttle body, RPW stage 1 camshaft, and RPW Cam gear....