Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

2008 Lancer Injen CAI $280

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2007, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Lancer Injen CAI $280

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Anyway, I just got back from a local shop here in Greenwood, Indiana; Tru Motorsports (www.trumotorsports.com) where I ordered my CAI. I talked to the owner, and he said he'll sell the injen CAI's for $280 shipped for right now.

If you're interested, you can call them at (317) 787-8668. Ask for Jorge, he's the owner, and mention you heard about it on a lancer forum, and you should be set. You should also be able to contact them through their website, personally I would use the phone to make sure everything is set up right.

Good Luck,
Sean

Last edited by SmN2k7; Dec 21, 2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 03:55 PM

that's pretty cheap .. post up a video when u get it .. what's the part #? i don't see it on the injen website
Old Dec 21, 2007, 04:17 PM
Account Disabled

i got mine a ptuning for 290 shipped.

and i got the black one order tuesday got thursday

Last edited by FinestSoldier; Dec 23, 2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 04:28 PM

Yeah, I'll be sure to post a little vid. of it after I get it in., I'll try and take a few pics during the install too. It Should be in sometime early next week, so, it'll be a nice christmas present to myself. And I'll probably install it over the weekend.

Oh, also, The part number for mine (the polished one) is SP1835 according to my receipt. And I believe the black one is SP1835B (i don't remember right off hand though).

Last edited by SmN2k7; Dec 21, 2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 03:53 PM

I installed the intake and it is amazing but what are the chances of getting water in the intake? I am a bit worried about that. Will the hyrdosheild prevent?
Old Dec 23, 2007, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08LancerAnt
I installed the intake and it is amazing but what are the chances of getting water in the intake? I am a bit worried about that. Will the hyrdosheild prevent?
The chances are pretty small. You're from Runnemede and I'm right down the road from you...we don't see enough extreme weather to worry about hydrolocking. The hydroshield will be more than enough.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the advice NJ!
Old Dec 23, 2007, 05:28 PM
Account Disabled

i just orded my hydroshield from ptuning for 27shipped. After todays rain storm in jersey and seeing how wet the filter got i was like hmmm "better safe then sorry right " lol.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by FinestSoldier
i just orded my hydroshield from ptuning for 27shipped. After todays rain storm in jersey and seeing how wet the filter got i was like hmmm "better safe then sorry right " lol.
AHHHH!!!!
Thanks for the site man!
CAI Shipping! YAY!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 08:40 PM

lets see some pics! is CAI an easy install? any cutting involved? i ask because the only photo i've seen of the CAI, the wheel well was cut up.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 09:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

so i have a question... i have a sri so this doesnt bother me.. but what happens when it hydrolocks??? could someone explain that to me?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

It means you hurt your engine bad

You really dont need to worry about it though. I have driven with mine twice now in heavy rain for over an hour. I dont have the hydrosheild either and my car is fine.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
so i have a question... i have a sri so this doesnt bother me.. but what happens when it hydrolocks??? could someone explain that to me?
I have seen a few tests, its not easy to hydrolock your engine with a filter not exposed to the elements. you have to try pretty damn hard actually to do it.

Hydrolock occurs when water carried thru the air intake / air manifold enters the engine combustion zone where air and gas normally mix and are ignited. in this situation where water enters the equation, generally at first the water gets instantly vaporized into a gas and exits along with everything else thru the normal combustion. But if enough water and i say enough water enters that area and is not able to convert into a gas, remains as a liquid and thats where the problem starts. If a piston makes contact with water (liquid), well it might as well be a block of cement. Now if cars in theory only had one piston engine well then, there is a chance that maybe just maybe the rod / piston might survive, it would come to a dead shop and possibly bend the rod. But add 2 4 or 6 pistons into the equation, the forces at work can lead to a train wreak of damage possibly breaking or bend all rods. Jesus, Rods, Pistons, Rings, Valves. Game over, you might as well pull the pin on the grenade and count to 5 holding it.

If that doesnt sound clear, look at it this way, walk up to a punching back, and punch it as hard as you can. sure thats easy now turn around and punch a brick wall with the same force. if you only break a couple of fingers, well i would say you took alright, if you break your fingers and your wrist, i am sure that will hurt, if you break every bone in your arm up to your elbow, i think yo uwill understand what happens to a piston when it runs into water.

Yes i know useless analogies but hey, you asked for it

I am sure Blacksheep can take everything i said and sum it up into 2 neat lines. (thats why he is the editor of my novel i am writing)
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
I have seen a few tests, its not easy to hydrolock your engine with a filter not exposed to the elements. you have to try pretty damn hard actually to do it.

Hydrolock occurs when water carried thru the air intake / air manifold enters the engine combustion zone where air and gas normally mix and are ignited. in this situation where water enters the equation, generally at first the water gets instantly vaporized into a gas and exits along with everything else thru the normal combustion. But if enough water and i say enough water enters that area and is not able to convert into a gas, remains as a liquid and thats where the problem starts. If a piston makes contact with water (liquid), well it might as well be a block of cement. Now if cars in theory only had one piston engine well then, there is a chance that maybe just maybe the rod / piston might survive, it would come to a dead shop and possibly bend the rod. But add 2 4 or 6 pistons into the equation, the forces at work can lead to a train wreak of damage possibly breaking or bend all rods. Jesus, Rods, Pistons, Rings, Valves. Game over, you might as well pull the pin on the grenade and count to 5 holding it.

If that doesnt sound clear, look at it this way, walk up to a punching back, and punch it as hard as you can. sure thats easy now turn around and punch a brick wall with the same force. if you only break a couple of fingers, well i would say you took alright, if you break your fingers and your wrist, i am sure that will hurt, if you break every bone in your arm up to your elbow, i think yo uwill understand what happens to a piston when it runs into water.

Yes i know useless analogies but hey, you asked for it

I am sure Blacksheep can take everything i said and sum it up into 2 neat lines. (thats why he is the editor of my novel i am writing)

Evo is right ... the Hydroshield is totally unnecessary.... I parked my jeep in a river and had a K&N CAI completely under water and suck it straight to the engine.... even though the engine was completely Hydro'd ... I was able to remove and dry the spark plugs, crank the water out and drive it home that very day

So even if water splashed the filter there's no way it's gonna suck all the way up into the engine unless it's completely submersed ... and even if it is -It's not the end of the world

here's the vid on Youtube ---- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYx30NP9nwo
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
Hydrolock is when water fills a cylinder on the intake stroke. Since water doesn't compress very well, there's no chance of ignition...thus your engine is "hydrolocked".

Sometimes you can get lucky and fix it. I've been in that situation and it wasn't pretty...but I did drive home that night

Quick Reply: 2008 Lancer Injen CAI $280