Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Air filters

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air filters

Hi...
Would i gain any performance if i put the k&n universal filter instead of the air box and leave the snorkel to keep the cold air flowing? Cause it's expensive for me to give 200-350 $ for a SRI or CAI.
And where can i find Works air filter tech specs or RRM SRI (air flow etc..) if something like this exists cause i'm new to air filters and that stuff.

Cheers
Old Dec 27, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alvin986
Hi...
Would i gain any performance if i put the k&n universal filter instead of the air box and leave the snorkel to keep the cold air flowing? Cause it's expensive for me to give 200-350 $ for a SRI or CAI.
And where can i find Works air filter tech specs or RRM SRI (air flow etc..) if something like this exists cause i'm new to air filters and that stuff.

Cheers
ya u can do that with the cone filter instead of the box.. its basically an "rrm v1" u just have to make sure the MAFS is lined up right and secure or ull get a CEL
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:41 AM

problems with sr air intake

i have a 2009 lancer es sport and i wanted to upgrade the air intake i shoppped around and i bought a fujita sr intake and got it installed after driving like 3 hundred miles the engine service soon light turned on and i read the code and it was p0171 (running lean) i dindt know what to do so i took it all off and put back my original air intake and the light didnt turn on anymore this first attempt was done by me :-P.
i waited a couples of wks and took it to a shop so i could get it installed right since i thouhgt i didnt do it right so they installed it and again after like 250 miles the light came back up :-( and i went there and they read the code and it was the same p0171 anyways at the shop they didint knmow what to do so i decided to put back the original one and the light hasnt turned on again
can someone help me finding out why this is happening? do i have to tune the fuel pressure and amount from the engine computer?
thanks a lot
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

search any lancer forum.. Fujita throws a CEL.. nothing u can do but send it back for a refund
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by julz20
i have a 2009 lancer es sport and i wanted to upgrade the air intake i shoppped around and i bought a fujita sr intake and got it installed after driving like 3 hundred miles the engine service soon light turned on and i read the code and it was p0171 (running lean) i dindt know what to do so i took it all off and put back my original air intake and the light didnt turn on anymore this first attempt was done by me :-P.
i waited a couples of wks and took it to a shop so i could get it installed right since i thouhgt i didnt do it right so they installed it and again after like 250 miles the light came back up :-( and i went there and they read the code and it was the same p0171 anyways at the shop they didint knmow what to do so i decided to put back the original one and the light hasnt turned on again
can someone help me finding out why this is happening? do i have to tune the fuel pressure and amount from the engine computer?
thanks a lot

yeah sorry to say but your out the $ you spent on the intake and the $ you spent to install it. Get rid of it, sell it for scraps, try to get a refund for it or whatever you want, and simply get an INJEN CAI or a K&N SRI.

steer clear of fujita intake for our car
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:23 PM

Are the air filters the same in the evo x, because the Perrin filter looks good.
http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...ory=3&model=26
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lancer0220
yeah sorry to say but your out the $ you spent on the intake and the $ you spent to install it. Get rid of it, sell it for scraps, try to get a refund for it or whatever you want, and simply get an INJEN CAI or a K&N SRI.

steer clear of fujita intake for our car
Dam that sucks my girl has a fujita and the light came on so i took it off
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

So did anyone find out a way to make the ses light go away on the fujita?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08gglancer
Are the air filters the same in the evo x, because the Perrin filter looks good.
http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...ory=3&model=26
It would fit, but I wouldn't trust that material to reliably hold any particulate.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by julz20
thanks a lot
you can fix it just take the o ring off the MAF. it what i did and i been almost 5000 miles and still no light.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

i think it might be the filter. try cleaning it. i know its nw, but just do it, id give it a shot, someone told me they did that with there fujita and it stopped flippin
Old Jan 22, 2009, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slaker138
i think it might be the filter. try cleaning it. i know its nw, but just do it, id give it a shot, someone told me they did that with there fujita and it stopped flippin
Well it worked on my girlfriends car for about 4 months without a problem and just started throwing the lean code , cleaned it and still did it so i just took it off .