Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Crank Pulley Noise

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crank Pulley Noise

I installed the RRM UD Pulley on my 06 Lancer ES and now there is a wierd noise coming from the pulley at idle. It sounds like a scraping noise and occasionally chirps but mostly a scraping noise at idle. I replaced the alternator belt when I did the installation but I did not replace the larger belt. I checked all belts and they are tight. I did not notice any wobble in the crank pulley and after the car was warmed up the noise was not as noticeable. Any ideas?? It is a scraping noise that goes along with idle and its coming from the crank pulley
Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dwalk08
I installed the RRM UD Pulley on my 06 Lancer ES and now there is a wierd noise coming from the pulley at idle. It sounds like a scraping noise and occasionally chirps but mostly a scraping noise at idle. I replaced the alternator belt when I did the installation but I did not replace the larger belt. I checked all belts and they are tight. I did not notice any wobble in the crank pulley and after the car was warmed up the noise was not as noticeable. Any ideas?? It is a scraping noise that goes along with idle and its coming from the crank pulley
Might have some dirt behind the pulley, try some WD-40, with the hose of course, and spray it on the screw that holds it in place.