Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Sprint Booster *NEW PRODUCT*

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gotta agree with Amby on this one. That product looks like *****. It's pretty much one step up from an ebay chip.
Anyone can build a nice website, put together some graphs and talk up a product. But without conclusive results and data it's a waste of time. Any products that has the claim of making your car "feel" faster is going to be a waste of space.

For what this product actually is, i wouldn't pay that amount for it.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor

some good examples of other crap that looks cool but doesn't actually do anything

http://www.tornadoair.com/buy1/index.html
http://www.electricsupercharger.com
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
They even admit that the car doesn't increase performance, why spend 300$ on it?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
They even admit that the car doesn't increase performance, why spend 300$ on it?
i know dudes who HATE they bought CVT. They're looking for anything at this point. some would read that and disagree, some would know that's the truth.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Looking for anything can you get you in trouble though, that's why people why products like the Tornado or the Ebay speed chips. The 300$ would be better spent elsewhere. Hell, if all you want is to feel faster, buy the loudest exhaust possible.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor

for $300 you could get a part that actually makes the car go faster, instead of making it feel faster.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 09:03 AM

I have just about every part available for the Lancer just short of a Turbo. Like I said before, there's a difference between wasting money and trying the product out. And again, I trust Evosouls opinion on this and going to go for it, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. No reason to act like children over the fact that 1 or 2 people want to try out a product. Making a big deal about this pointless on so many levels.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 09:07 AM
Account Disabled

same thing as saying a pully is a waste of money, u dont gain any pwer but you get faster throttle response.

so yes this product wont give you any hp gains, but technically speaking it does make you go faster,quicker (and give quicker response as if you were to just slam your foot on the pedal) so you are getting an increase in performance

is it worth the 300? maybe not but is it worth putting on your car if you have the money? i definitely think so.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

is this a re badged z-chip
Old Feb 3, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
same thing as saying a pully is a waste of money, u dont gain any pwer but you get faster throttle response.

so yes this product wont give you any hp gains, but technically speaking it does make you go faster,quicker (and give quicker response as if you were to just slam your foot on the pedal) so you are getting an increase in performance

is it worth the 300? maybe not but is it worth putting on your car if you have the money? i definitely think so.

well put, if you got the dough then ok dont worry about it. i dont see why people are so obsessed with trying to prevent people from spending their money. Just let people do what they want to there are some people out there bored with $ and time.

if it sucks just resell it then post on here that it sucks after the sale is complete
Old Feb 3, 2009, 09:17 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by lancer0220
well put, if you got the dough then ok dont worry about it. i dont see why people are so obsessed with trying to prevent people from spending their money. Just let people do what they want to there are some people out there bored with $ and time.

if it sucks just resell it then post on here that it sucks after the sale is complete
lol true they offer a refund if you dont like it, ill be trying it out and sending it right back if i dont like it
Old Feb 3, 2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by lancer0220

Exactly, that's the point of having a forum.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dvscore
I have just about every part available for the Lancer just short of a Turbo. Like I said before, there's a difference between wasting money and trying the product out. And again, I trust Evosouls opinion on this and going to go for it, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. No reason to act like children over the fact that 1 or 2 people want to try out a product. Making a big deal about this pointless on so many levels.
If it doesn't work, by definition you are wasting money. The people who make the product even say it doesn't increase performance.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LuDa

A pulley is different, a pulley reduces the rotating mass of an engine, this just increase the signal to the ECU so you can get the effect of pinning the throttle without pinning the throttle.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ambystom01
If it doesn't work, by definition you are wasting money. The people who make the product even say it doesn't increase performance.
I don't know what your issue is, but have you tested it to come up with this conclusion? How about this, Amby, I try it and post here if it works or not? would that be acceptable? or are you going to keep nagging about the product after Evosoul tried to educate you on it?

Hey man, I hate to be an *** about this but you're getting on my last nerve here.

And that's you're definition which is very let's say *** backwards. If I don't/can't get my cash back then that's a waste of money. Hell, it's my cash why should you be so concerned on what others do? I can see trying to give advice, but coming out of the blue and just ******* it before actually listening is extremely childish.

Last edited by dvscore; Feb 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster *NEW PRODUCT*