Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Sprint Booster *NEW PRODUCT*

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point of this product is to give the same effect as putting the pedal to the floor. It won't make it faster because it does just that, with less effort. How do you guys not get that putting the pedal to the floor and installing this product does the same thing. It gives the "FEEL" that you're going faster because you aren't pushing the pedal to the floor, you're pushing it less. You have the same amount of hp and tq, as before. It's the same exactly car with or without this product.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

yes yes thats like the 20th time the same thing has been said...moving on
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:32 AM

The SB came in yesterday! I'll be installing it this friday after I get a few minor installs out of the way. I just purchased a new catback, intake and resonator. I'll let you know what I "feel" after it's all done.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LanceR_11
really? so if im more agressive on the gas pedal the CVT can recognize it and in turn be better on accelerating?.. i guess im gonna start flooring it a little bit from now on..
no need to floor it, to be honest with you, Sprint Booster at least for me has nothing to do with 100% contrary to what everyone here seems to be talking about and critisizing it for. During none 100% throttle driving it simply makes the car lighter on its feet. Remember like an Automatic your foot doesnt come off the accelorator unlike a manual, you make constant adjustments to the power you want in regular driving, it does a good job at getting the CVT over that 2500RPM threshold which seems to be the balance line for it between economy and performance. you know what I am talking about but it seems lost on others. I dont really have a dog in the hunt on this one, I dont profit in anyway nor am i linked to the manufacturer in anyway other then they facilitated communications between myself and INJEN which I am greatful for, I used my own cash and bought it after my trial period. they installed it and said go nuts, I came back and said I want it. Hell I turned it loose on my gf and she said she liked it.

That said, I will be alittle more clear on the justification for this item. What does it do, thats hard to really explain now that I am almost done my review of it, it might help more *post on my blog later. But for the CVT senario, the transmission / software will detect more agressive driving, and thats just assuming your going to drive your car not like crazy but as you normally do. the car will feel lighter on its feet. thats the best discription, not this nonesense of *feels faster. cause thats too wide open as a concept, hard to define what that means. Although the Mitsu software is proprietary, its not hard to understand how it works and some of the variables it looks at for making its own determination of what the Driver wants.

INVECS-III CVT
INVECS-III CVT achieves low fuel consumption and a smooth ride
INVECS = Intelligent & Innovative Vehicle Electronic Control System
CVT = Continuously Variable Transmission
INVECS-III is an advanced system that automatically selects the optimal gear ratio based on road and driving conditions ("optimal control"), and utilizes "learning control" to match the particular driver's driving style. In addition, a CVT that brings out the efficiency from the engine performance is provided. Like a conventional automatic transmission, there is no jolt when shifting gears and every time the accelerator is applied there is enjoyable, smooth acceleration.
Furthermore , a torque converter enables creep forward driving (slight deceleration) when the accelerator is not applied and hillstarts are made fun
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/cor...e/invecs3.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just drive you car normal, if you get a chance to try it great, if not, meh...

Last edited by evo_soul; Feb 5, 2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

i thought the CVT was just a set of unlimited gear ratios that have a "fixed" mechanic.. i didnt know they could learn and adapt to your way of driving.. now i feel better that im not gonna be stuck on how slow its pulling off from a stop, that i can change the way and get more push out of that meer 152 horses that im "supposed" to have.

thanks for clarifying that out.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

^lol no. you'll still be slow from a stop.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:35 AM

Does this product works with the CVT tranny? I only see "Auto" and "Manual" and if you check other cars like Dodge Caliber the SB does not work for CVT tranny.

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/dodge.cfm
Old Feb 5, 2009, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by guero.casal
Does this product works with the CVT tranny? I only see "Auto" and "Manual" and if you check other cars like Dodge Caliber the SB does not work for CVT tranny.

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/dodge.cfm
seeing as evo_soul already has this on his car and it works I assume yes.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

HOLY CRAP!!!!

You people arguing that this might have results.....it will not. If there is something like tq management on GM's on the CVT trans then only way to remove it is with a tune. IIRC it is converter related as well some solenoids in the trans. Nothing on the trottle side will change this. It is delayed it will still be delayed with this thing installed.

I see CVT is something like a sled. There still has to be a converter or engagement device. Otherwise it would be like trying to stop a manual in first gear with clutch engaged. lol

Exponential learn it as well learn tuning and cars then argue.

Seriously I put alky on my Evo and tuned it for the alky. I truly could not feel the difference in my butt dyno. The track showed me that it made more HP though.

So you wanna stop this argument. By this go to the track and make 8 runs..... one with it then one with out .........repeat with out on the first pass and with it on the second...........repeat this and it should give some good data to work with.

Bet money temp and heat soak effect et more.

Last edited by Owens Racing; Feb 5, 2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jRox
^lol no. you'll still be slow from a stop.
what 3200 pound 2.0L 152 car wouldnt be heheh
Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dvscore
The SB came in yesterday! I'll be installing it this friday after I get a few minor installs out of the way. I just purchased a new catback, intake and resonator. I'll let you know what I "feel" after it's all done.
can you do everyone a favor and install the "chip" before everything else, then test it out.
cos if you put those other mods in and the chip at the same time and test it, you're not gonna be able to tell what give you car that extra little kick (which will be the intake)
Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Keep this on topic please. This is a thread about Sprint Booster and not Moderators.

Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

I can't believe people are still debating over something so obvious.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MasterAK
welcome to the internet
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MasterAK
forgive me the obvious eludes me frequently? Unless you referring too the judgment before trial? lol

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster *NEW PRODUCT*