Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Works exhale leaking *brand new* help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol ya well the smell is only noticeable when im gunnin up the hill right by my house and then pull into the garage,,but ill def let u know when the kit comes
Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:57 PM
Account Disabled

Took me awhile but I just found this thread. Once God sent us pictures we saw exactly what the problem was and sent him the appropriate hardware to remedy the situation. We try to keep any problems from occuring, but if they do happen definitely give us a call, or email us so that we can help to get it fixed ASAP.

-Bill@WORKS
Old Feb 25, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bill@WORKS
Took me awhile but I just found this thread. Once God sent us pictures we saw exactly what the problem was and sent him the appropriate hardware to remedy the situation. We try to keep any problems from occuring, but if they do happen definitely give us a call, or email us so that we can help to get it fixed ASAP.

-Bill@WORKS
Hey Bill, mind to tell us what was the problem?
Old Feb 25, 2009, 06:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is enough of that crap.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 05:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thread should be closed, Works has broken the land speed record for fixing the issue. All is well in the world
Old Feb 26, 2009, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

actually no...i got the new hardware...tighten it up all the way..at first it was still leaking exhaust so in my rage i tightened it a lil bit more, stopped the leaking but im still getting mad water dripping from there...sooo i dont know wtf to do, im kind abusy today so havent contacted works yet, this is jus draining me i honestly dont care that water leaks, i jus want to know it wont cause any future problems.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 03:42 PM

worst-case scenario, you can just get your own bolts from a hardware store, if the problem is still not enough thread on the bolts. I'll post my own findings when I get my own hardware kit.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by swankin
worst-case scenario, you can just get your own bolts from a hardware store, if the problem is still not enough thread on the bolts. I'll post my own findings when I get my own hardware kit.
has nothing to do with the bolts, the bolts work out fine its the seal itself..need sumtin rubber in there or sumtin
Old Feb 27, 2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by I Am God
has nothing to do with the bolts, the bolts work out fine its the seal itself..need sumtin rubber in there or sumtin
ah. Another, larger donut or gasket maybe?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

stock donut isnt rubber is like some kind of plastic..either way if i was to use that itd basically bend the flanges..im jus leaving it as is, enuf of it already. plus the gasket thats provided isnt for sealing its to fill in the gap so flanges dont bend when tightening. the seal is with the pipe..on the stock end of midpipe its extend a few inches past the flange and there is like a nipple or sumtin i dont know how to explain it,,that is the sealing surface with the exhale. id have to take it apart for a pic, but im not gonna be doing that.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 03:41 PM

I am god don't send me private messages talkin $hit if your not going to accept them back. You need to grow a set, quit being a whiny b**** and take a joke. Quit your crying..especially to me in private messages..its getting old.