Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Just damn...

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats an awesome pic, heh HAHAHA that owl got eaten up
Old May 5, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow. wutta story. thanks for sharing that.
Old May 5, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

you can still try to go through your insurance. might have to pay deductable. technically it was an accident so....

$250-1000(depending on deduct.) is cheaper than whole new engine and labor
Old May 5, 2009, 02:10 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO This is epic!

Lancer 1 ~ Owl 0
Old May 5, 2009, 02:29 PM

LMAO!!!

Sorry, this is the best story EVAR. That pic gave me a good laugh. Anyways, good luck in getting your lancer repaired.
Old May 5, 2009, 02:34 PM

OK. So, I've recently gotten off the phone with the dealership AND my insurance company. Dealership says there's no sensor to shut the engine off when it gets too hot. Just a temp sensor and it's the operator who's supposed to stop....fine whatever.

Insurance says the damage to the engine is NOT covered because it was not directly damaged by the owl. Go figure. BUT, they WOULD have covered the costs for the radiator that I've already paid for... >_<

An auto yard 77 miles from home says they have a couple of rear end totaled lancers and want $1400 for a pulled 4b11 with ~14,000 miles There is somewhat of a warranty on them, and my wife and her mechanic friends are plenty capable of putting it in. Now I just have to get the car from Casper, Wyoming to or around Hattiesburg, Mississippi...
Old May 5, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

You would think insurance would cover it minus the deductible. Since it was technically still in driveable condition, have your wife play the " stupid blonde, middle of no where, did not know what to do" scenario! It would be no different then hitting a deer, and not knowing you had a cracked radiator from the antler or impact, and then on your drive home, or to a safer area to access the damage, your vehicle over heats. Between Mitsu and Insurance you should be covered. If not always, and I mean always threaten that you will be reporting to J.D. Power and Associates and BBB (Better Business Bureau) Mitsubishi does not want a negative mark from J.D. Power at this time, with the poor economy and dropping sales. Good luck with everything! At least your wife is safe! THat is a big a$$ Owl though. Looks more like a damn Vulture! LOL
Old May 6, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...roducts_id=305
Old May 6, 2009, 11:48 AM

Woah, thats pretty nifty. Seeing as how we don't really have a warranty anymore, my wife wants to start modding it. She's into SCCA stuff, she's always tryin to make all our cars track cars... lol
Old May 6, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

These are just stroker kits not engines (and if they are fully built blocks I am sure they are expecting an engine block trade since a 4b11t alone costs 3 times the price of the kit). If you want to get a 4b11t swap you are in the best position to do it. You need a new block anyways and you no longer have a warranty. It'll cost a pretty penny, contact Works or RRM and see what they say they can do for you. Don't try to use that works stroker kit on a 4b11 tho

wont work.

Best of luck man... That picture made my day.

NOM NOM NOM

Last edited by Mayhem7o2; May 6, 2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old May 6, 2009, 06:57 PM

Man thats a hard headed owl! Not sayin I dont like animals I would have been pissed and put it out of its misery. A robin Got stuck in the grill on my forenza I put him out. He broke my fog light. I feel your pain wish you much luck on getting that fixed man.
Old May 7, 2009, 07:47 AM

Heh, well...he was put out of his misery. This is no lie, he was tased 4 times before the cops could pull him out of the bumper, then shot once with a shot gun....which didn't kill him. Then shot again at close range with a pistol. I swear it, its too stupid to make up...

Got to thinking on it later, and had wondered if that owl was an endangered species...
Old May 13, 2009, 05:18 AM

Wow, that sounds like a sequel to Herald and Kumar.

The really sucks for the owl lol it sounds like an Owl discrimination act hahaha- Owl hits car, Owl gets tased 4 times, Owl gets shot 2 times, Owl gets the needle. But sorry about your car hope there is some light out of all of this
Old May 16, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

If it is just the head that is warped and the insurance company wont fix it when you get the car back remove the head and take it to a machine shop. If the block is warped too you will have to removeit as well. I don't know if you are still in hattiesburg but I'm sure you can find one local wherever yau are. With exception to the owl, I warped the head on my honda CR-V due to a cracked radiator and took it to a local machine shop to have it milled down (about 20 to 50 bucks!). The CR-V works just fine now. You can buy a chiltons or haines book and it will tell you exactly what to do. In all it cost me about $350.00 to fix mine myself.
Old May 18, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

LOL at the OWL getting owned over and over and over and still breathing. wutta champ!