Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

DarkMitsu's 4g64 Swap Page

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes it can get pricey but it is still a better platform.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

g64 is a better platform right?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

It really maters who you talk to , a lot of people have different opinions on a lot of different motors...
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

I would have to say its a better platform overall but I have switched my plans to finding another g94 engine and building it. This way I can quite literally take my existing turbo setup and just swap over the whole thing, up the boost and still be able to hit 300+ whp which in my car I think will still be ridiculous and fun
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03lances
I would have to say its a better platform overall but I have switched my plans to finding another g94 engine and building it. This way I can quite literally take my existing turbo setup and just swap over the whole thing, up the boost and still be able to hit 300+ whp which in my car I think will still be ridiculous and fun
last guy who did that, if I'm not mistaken, was making like 5 MPG and when he boosted he could literally watch his fuel gauge go down....good luck with that
Old Oct 28, 2009, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

I got a real low mile 4g94 10-15k miles on it , I would still be running that if I didnt decide to take the leap to the 4g64 ... I'm looking for 250$ plus shipping or come pick it up ...
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jehuty
last guy who did that, if I'm not mistaken, was making like 5 MPG and when he boosted he could literally watch his fuel gauge go down....good luck with that
Really?? No one told me this who has this or had it? Very curious now...

Originally Posted by darkmitsu
I got a real low mile 4g94 10-15k miles on it , I would still be running that if I didnt decide to take the leap to the 4g64 ... I'm looking for 250$ plus shipping or come pick it up ...
Man if I didnt live on the west coast it would be sold But then again the wife prolly wouldnt be happy I bought it so then again maybe not
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

I dont know if this has been thought of or mentioned but you should consider running the new Tephra v7 Universal Evo 8 ROM with the speed density setup. Eliminates the MAF and will have tons of support from all the ECUFlash gurus...

GL on your build!
Old Oct 30, 2009, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Really?? No one told me this who has this or had it? Very curious now...

I forgot his name...Raul or something like that. You should be able to search for it though. His gas mileage was REALLY bad, and he spent a lot of money. I overexaggerate with the 5 MPG, but he did say that when he pressed on the gas and really punched it he could see his needle go down.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alan678
I dont know if this has been thought of or mentioned but you should consider running the new Tephra v7 Universal Evo 8 ROM with the speed density setup. Eliminates the MAF and will have tons of support from all the ECUFlash gurus...

GL on your build!
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...hramod-v7.html

I tried the tephra mods dont remember the one I used but my car wouldn't start after it was flashed to the ecu so I flashed my other file back over to my orignal file... I would love to do speed density setup, can you point me in the right direction on how to get this working under speed density setup...

Last edited by darkmitsu; Oct 30, 2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 01:12 PM
AMT

So I read all of this thread (and most of the other swap thead) and like others I've come to the conclusion that an engine swap into my 2002 Lancer OZ Rally would be more cost effective than going turbo on the 4G94 (sorry RRM). I've begun the process of looking for parts and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to where to get them (for a rebuilt engine on eBay its about $1,200+). Also does the engine have to be from a specific car? There are a dozen or more makes that use the 4G64.

I also have two NA mods (K&N SRI and RRM pully). Would I be better off returning/selling them or could they be useful somehow?

My car has an automatic transmission, but from what I've read I can "easily" swap to manual OR keep it automatic if I choose to. Is this correct?

Darkmitsu, why did you choose to use an Evo ECU rather than the ECU for the engine you bought? Is there an advantage to using the Evo ECU over the eclipse ECU?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Evo ECU removes the 2nd O2 sensor and the immobilizer.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

I tried a whole bunch of different things to try to get the imobilizer disable in the eclipse ECU and couldn't get it gone , yes it is possible to use the eclipse ecu if you can get it disabled... There is more decoding out there done for the evo 8 ecu, than the eclipse ecu and the lancer es oz ls ecu as well... you may be able to use your sri intake that you got, I'm currently running stock lancer airbox as well as stock lancer rubber intake hose... I doubt you will be able to use the pulley , your first step would be converting to a manual, once that is done and working ,tear it all apart and do the 4g64 swap , its gonna kinda suck for you because you are going to have to get a lancer tranny to pull the differential out of as well as an eclipse tranny to swap the stock lancer dif into. it may be better for you to look into the custom axle route...
Old Nov 9, 2009, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

True, but he will have to swap to 5 lug though, I think...
Old Nov 12, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

an eclipse outer cv fits into our hubs fine its the inner that is beefier than ours,the reason the eclipse axels dont fit is because they are a little to long... So you just have to have one cut to length pretty much...

Quick Reply: DarkMitsu's 4g64 Swap Page